Al Dente Laptop 03-May-24
02-May-24

Bowboy's Link
Okay who’s getting one of these?

02-May-24

Bowboy's Link
Video with more detailed info.

02-May-24
I have to admit, the hills are getting steeper...

02-May-24
This explains a LOT, doesn’t it?

02-May-24
So…..what if you get three ridges over and your battery gives out ? Sounds like the humanoid version of the electric car.

02-May-24
They’ll likely be popular with crossbow hunters

02-May-24
Game changer for hunters. Thanks for sharing.

02-May-24
I could sure use one of those.

I wonder if they are akin to the F150 Lightning….where the range drops significantly when you tow. In fact, it drops so much that nobody is buying them or the Ford Mustang. Reports that Ford is losing as much as $10k/per vehicle and still having a hard time selling them.

Can you imagine Backpacking the Rockies with that exoskeleton and the battery dies leaving you with an additional 18# to haul around? And don’t even try to say a solar panel can recharge- those backcountry solar panels barely charge a phone.

02-May-24
Wait until the lithium batteries on the knock offs start burning.

02-May-24
Interesting, but all I see is epic chaffing on the thigh's where that thing is trying to help extend your hips... And ruptured Achillies tendons that have to move that added propulsive force.

There probably is an application where this would be great. But not the average person, I dont think.

It would be interesting to circle back in a year or two to see if it still exists.

02-May-24
Somebody was reading Robert Heinline's "Starship Troopers".

02-May-24
Possibly useful in certain combat applications, but that is a whole other world. I don't see any benefit from something like that for hunters.

02-May-24
We'll see how you feel when an old fat guy powers past you 8 miles deep in the wilderness. It's coming...

02-May-24
How much do they cost?

02-May-24

nmwapiti's Link
Think they were $600 to $1200 depending on options. They're doing well getting funding.

02-May-24
“They’re doing well getting funding”, probably us and we just don’t know it !

02-May-24
My birthday is March 4 if anyone wants to buy me one…

02-May-24
Seems to me that if my feet and lower legs were in good enough shape to keep up with these bionic thighs that my thighs would also be in good enough shape to not need the assist.

In other words, won't these things cause a lot of lower leg and foot injuries when they assist people in doing what they aren't in shape for?

02-May-24
You have a color preference, Mark? Black and blue, perhaps?

03-May-24
Seems like a decent way to get an elk out of the woods. If the battery dies you've added 3.5 pounds to your pack out. Big whoop. I'm in the don't knock it till you try it camp. It's painfully obvious that many on this site have fallen prey to the continual cycle of confirmation bias the internet algorithm and Facebook is feeding them.

"No one is buying Ford Lightning" ......weird.....Ford reports a 55% increase in Lightning sales in 2023 from 2022, but hey keep believing what you wanna believe.

"Extra 18# to haul around" ....it clearly said it weighs 3.5 pounds.

I've heard of guys hauling heavy wheeled contraptions into the woods to get an elk out and been praised very highly on here for their genius inventions. So this one is potentially lighter, takes up less room and reduces effort even further but because it has lithium suddenly it's the dumbest thing on the planet. Whaaaaaatever. Not saying it's the greatest thing at all, but the immediate bias by so many people is evident on anything EV or lithium. People seem to be OK with the lithium brick they call a cell phone stored right beside their most precious appendages....

03-May-24
I tried the Arm/Shoulder exoskeleton from Milwaukee. My shop ordered one, and I was the first to use it. It was cumbersome to say the least. After a few minutes, I was sweating with it on. It required another person to fit it to your body specs. And at a REDUCED price of $750, not worth it at all. Now, I know that the "legs" are entirely different, I just think it is another gimmick. Just get into shape and walk on.

• Sitka Gear