Charlie Rehor 05-May-24
bghunter 05-May-24
Arcadianyr 23-May-24
butcherboy 23-May-24
Thornton 24-May-24
Charlie Rehor 24-May-24
bghunter 25-May-24
04-May-24
I will be flying through Denver Airport to Alberta in a two weeks, just curious how going through customs is there ? Hopefully will be coming back with 2 bears.

Haven't flown through that Airport in a long time and never been through customs there.

04-May-24
Edmonton and Calgary airports have US customs In the airport. You will clear customs in Alberta, not Denver.

04-May-24
Even coming back? Wouldn't I clear in Denver upon return to US?

04-May-24
There is a US Customs detachment in Alberta. You will clear in the airport up there before you return. Download the MPC (mobile passport control) app. That line was empty last fall. We skipped 500 people in line because we had that app and all the info filled in. Was way, way easier than clearing in the states and having to recheck everything for connecting flights

04-May-24
No. You will clear US customs in Alberta when coming back. The only problem I have had with this system is no one told me that there is a separate US customs form for bringing back meat that is different from the Canadian form your outfitter will give you. You should download that form and take it with you.

04-May-24
That is so nice to get through us customs on departure. I think there are less than 20 airports worldwide that you can do that.

04-May-24
That is great to know espically the app. Knew I could count on bowsite.

04-May-24
Definitely do what Mo/Ark mentions above by downloading that app. I connect through Toronto coming home after my hunt and will clear customs there. Really nice when I arrive back in Boston I just pick up my bag and go.

04-May-24

bghunter's embedded Photo
bghunter's embedded Photo
Is this the correct app

04-May-24
Yup, that’s it.

—Jim

04-May-24
Excellent. Thank you

04-May-24
Speaking of the Denver airport, I just went through there and they closed the old Security inspection point but the new West [I think they call it] TSA inspection is open.

FYI, if you have Clear- there is one kiosk for that....with about 18 for TSA pre....do the Pre its faster

04-May-24
I usually get TSA pre check with SW, but flying Untied this time, so hopefully when I added my frequent traveler number to my ticket it works.

05-May-24
Just to be clear I only need to use that app upon return to the US not for departure as I will go through Canadian customs upon arrival in AB

05-May-24
Correct, that app is only for entry back into the US. When you clear customs in Alberta you’ll fill out arrival info at a kiosk where they’ll take a picture of you, enter your passport info and ask the typical questions. It will then spit out an arrival pass which you then take to a customs guy. Easy peasy as long as you don’t have firearms.

05-May-24
Thanks Charlie, yep no firearms. Been a long time since I flew internationally and never been to AB.

23-May-24
Just have your passport ready and be honest about anything you're bringing back, especially those two bears!I've always found airport customs to be pretty straightforward, but it's always a good idea to double-check the regulations beforehand. The last thing you want is any unexpected surprises at the border.In the meantime, I recently stumbled upon some helpful tips on how to save money on business-class flights. If you're interested in upgrading your flying experience without breaking the bank, you should definitely learn more online.

23-May-24
I cleared customs in Montreal when I went to Quebec in 2008. Such a good feeling to walk through and the agent gives you a big smile and says “welcome to the United States!”

24-May-24
Denver lost our guns on the Idaho trip a few years ago. Had to go to cabela's in Boise and buy a gun so we didn't lose the first day of hunting. It was during the nationwide ammo shortage, and there was hardly any ammo except for .350 Legend. We now call that .350 legend the "potato gun"....

24-May-24
When I returned from Canada last week CBP was so, not busy they didn’t even bother with the MCP app.

If you’re bringing bear parts home tell them even if in checked bag. When I did they had me go in a separate room fill out one page of paperwork and I was on my way (5 minutes tops).

25-May-24
Well it was super easy to get through customs. Unfortunately came home empty handed , but was still a great hunt.

• Sitka Gear