Blood 09-May-24
Bowaddict 09-May-24
Bowfreak 10-May-24
midwest 10-May-24
Bowfreak 10-May-24
Bowaddict 10-May-24
Matt 10-May-24
09-May-24
I have been testing X-II 2.5” vanes. I like them but I have lost at least 3 vanes in a fairly short amount of time. I am using Loctite Ultra Flow Control Gel with no other vane prep. I use the same glue with FFP 360 vanes and a primer pen and I have never lost a vane. Once I go through the primer pen and glue process they simply won’t come off. I like the X-II but I don’t like the fact that they aren’t sticking as well as I had expected. I had never heard of anyone complaining about adhesion with these vanes. Anyone else seen this before?

09-May-24
They've been easily the most adhesive vane I've used in the past handful of years. No issues here.

09-May-24
I use one of Q2i's 3 inch vanes and the only vane prep I do is I wipe the base with denatured alcohol. Once dry, I get to fletching. I use gorilla glue superglue. Adhesion hasn't been a problem.

09-May-24
I have had zero issues adhering these. I do use an Easton primer pen for peace of mind, but can’t pull these off with pliers. I also use the blue top gorilla glue. Less is more.

09-May-24
I also use the primer on the base and have no issues. Love the Q2i’s in 2”, for both 3D and fixed blades.

10-May-24
I’ll pick up a new bottle of glue and add the primer pen or try a swipe of acetone. Thanks for the input.

I used 3” before but don’t remember having any issue at all.

10-May-24

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I've been using them the last few seasons with zero issues but using the AAE primer pen and the same glue as you, Mark. Love those vanes...really tough!

10-May-24
Evidently not priming them is the difference. I will give that a go.

10-May-24
Before using primer pen I would have random fletch problems but it wouldn’t be the entire length of fletch. I just think most of it is from fingers when handling them, dust etc. the pen is just a quick easy way to make sure the base is truly clean.

10-May-24
I put them in wraps with gorilla glue gel and no primer and they stick really well. The wide foot is nice. 3 drops of glue per vane and then spread it with the tip of the glue bottle.

• Sitka Gear