Corax_latrans 14-May-24
scentman 14-May-24
Mint 14-May-24
samman 14-May-24
TonyBear 14-May-24
Robear 14-May-24
Robear 20-May-24
10-May-24
https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/cj-alexander-indicted/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1yIejmguE3T7zyR6mgYnWCRF2--yrOZUa5pqMwJjhPchZEIflM9Cf8eCU_aem_Ab0NWmpaYw1aKCcoJ0SPSyjocoGHYNoDedctG45jeW4AInlzUujj0x7sMfepli1VQvYPxTg4ss90VnuZ31HGHtUd

10-May-24
Sorry the link didn’t post, tried doing it off my phone. Got to be one of the best liars around, but can’t believe he got the others to follow along and screwed all of them for the rest of their lives…

10-May-24

fdp's Link

10-May-24
Once again proving why none of my deer are in B/C or P/Y. There are way to many illegal deer in the record books that where not taken by legal method. I will not categorize myself with those people. I would bet 30-45% of deer registered are illegal.

Shane

10-May-24
33 percent to be exact .

What a stupid statement !!!

10-May-24
Shane, where did you come up with that number? Pull it out of your…..?

10-May-24
Hunt if you’d ever killed any big WT you’d understand. Honestly probably fairly accurate.

Shane

10-May-24
That’s total bull$hit, Recurve Man. I’m certain there’s a decent number that were not totally on the up n up, but 1/3 or more is ridiculous.

10-May-24
There are a bunch of blacktails in the P&Y book that have been taken in violation of CA regulations (baiting), which would constitute a violation of the Lacy Act. For years I have hoped the state would pursue it.

10-May-24
30-45%? You are out of your gourd.

11-May-24
Man, what a deal. Guy is in the comments of OL’s Instagram post still carrying on that he’s innocent and posting half ass screenshots that supposedly prove he had a license. All while some fellow that apparently knows him is calling him out on his meth teeth...

Whitetails make folks go wild.

11-May-24
Recurve Man- Any other unsubstantiated and idiotic statements you'd like to grace us with?

Matt- records of all sort have some percentage that were probably taken illegally. You were obviously smart enough to not assign some idiotic percentage with your statement. But I'm not sure of your point?

11-May-24
How does you doing it legally make it dirty because some others don’t.

That’s like saying someone won’t drive because other people speed and they don’t want to be mixed in with law breakers.

11-May-24
I can still see CJ in one of his podcast with a dip in his lip and spitting in a cup saying how are the haters were wrong. Rot in hell CJ.

11-May-24
And yet people wonder why I say we should bring back public flogging...

11-May-24
It's a fact that 87.2% of quoted statistics are completely fabricated.

11-May-24
I know nothing about this case, but I did notice that he’s not been convicted of anything according to that article. Any chance he’s innocent ? Or is it like that Hollywood Buck story in Va where it was pretty much open n shut?

11-May-24
someone was posting last night after one too many beers.

for now, he is innocent as i read the article. the cell phone data as well as the alleged forged permission note to hunt his sister's land will be hard to overcome. if true, she would have to lie under oath as would the others that allegedly assisted him.

is a permission note really needed to hunt family land?

i hope he is innocent, but as we know it wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last that someone loses their mind when it comes to wanting recognition for killing a record book animal. the guy stuffing lead weights in fish has to be near the top of all-time stupid.

11-May-24
Yea HUNT kill something big…. Then you can talk!! The same goes for 34.6% of the rest of you idiots

11-May-24

Robear's Link
Here is the link to the thread when the news broke about the investigation. Kinda fun now to go back and read now that he has been indicted.

11-May-24
I don't think you have to kill something big to have an idea that poaching is rampant. I guided the former owners of Bowhunting Safari Consultants and some of their wealthy hunters broke the law. They didn't kill anything, but it was obvious of their usual way of doing things. I can think of 3, 200+" whitetails killed around here in the last 20 years that were either shot after shooting light with a bow or ran down in open country draws with a truckload of rednecks in a 4x4. Heck, even Hanson's buck is reminiscent of that method. When I hunted Manitoba, that type of hunting is commonplace.

11-May-24
Sorry the link didn’t post, tried doing it off my phone. Got to be one of the best liars around, but can’t believe he got the others to follow along and screwed all of them for the rest of their lives…

11-May-24
I don’t believe Shane’s estimate is accurate but I do believe the accurate number would be higher than most would want to believe.

11-May-24
Lots of speculation in the article but he’s not been found guilty… time will tell

11-May-24

Robear's Link
Here is the news release from the Ohio Attorney General’s Office. He didn’t even bother to get a hunting license or deer tag, and still tried to pull this off? Good grief.

11-May-24
Article says no hunting license and no deer permit. Shouldn't be hard to prove. Apparently hes not a brain surgeon.

11-May-24
Heck of a buck and a bummer if it was killed illegally.

Sounds like the law in OH has their ducks in a row. Have to wait and see how it shakes out.

11-May-24
All he needs to do is register Democrat, lie under oath... nothing to see here. scentman

11-May-24
I would bet the percentage is even higher than stated. Heck almost every mountian lion in pope and young shouldn't be entered by their rules of fair chase and their fair chase affidavit. THE RULES OF FAIR CHASE

Download Fair Chase Affidavit (1/1/2023) The term “Fair Chase” shall not include the taking of animals under the following conditions:

Helpless in a trap, deep snow or water, or on ice. From any power vehicle or power boat. By “jacklighting” or shining at night. By the use of any tranquilizers or poisons. While inside escape-proof fenced enclosures. By the use of any power vehicle or power boats for herding or driving animals, including use of aircraft to land alongside or to communicate with or direct a hunter on the ground. By the use of electronic devices for attracting, locating or pursuing game or guiding the hunter to such game, or by the use of a bow or arrow to which any electronic device is attached with the exception of lighted nocks and recording devices that cast no light towards the target and do not aid in rangefinding, sighting or shooting the bow. Any other condition considered by the Board of Directors as unacceptable.

11-May-24
What an idiot. It’s amazing what big deer do to people.

11-May-24
Reading between the lines. It sounds like he killed 3 deer they know of and had a tag for one possibly??

11-May-24
Looks Amish. Maybe we need another thread about Amish crossbow hunters? Haven't had one of those for awhile.

11-May-24
A shame about the buck, seems like a slam dunk of a case against him. As to the number of entries into Pope and Young that are ineligible I am sure there are some, but most are hard working guys that have a single entry. The Lion thing is absolutely something the membership should address, a good lion hound costs a couple grand before you feed it, it's crazy to think that the dogs owner isn't going to use a GPS collar to protect that. The club shoud make a change to that rule for lion hunting.

11-May-24
The trophy scoring clubs have gotten exactly the predictable results. Should be no surprise to anyone.

11-May-24
The dogs can be e collared just not used to track them during chase for pope and young.

11-May-24
What Grey Ghost said is spot on. The “record books” are supposedly to honor the animal. But the hunters name is in the book.

11-May-24
Shug you drinking :-)

12-May-24
Actually, having an animal registered into P&Y or B&C raises the bar as they will investigate if fair chair is violated (which sometimes exceeds state laws). I once asked a P&Y official about a famous hunter who had a reputation for taking deer after hours. The P&Y official said they have never investigated the person because they never registered any of their animals in P&Y.

12-May-24
Todd…. Always

12-May-24
The Hanson buck was chased with a truck pretty sure the standards aren't that high anymore. How many apple baited Utah bucks are in Pope and Young?

12-May-24
Probably a few since it was legal (until recently) in UT and both B&C and P&Y currently allow bait to be used where legal. May even be more in B&C than P&Y???

12-May-24
Probably a few since it was legal (until recently) in UT and both B&C and P&Y currently allow bait to be used where legal. May even be more in B&C than P&Y???

12-May-24
Yeah probably, still not sure how dumping piles of apples on the Paunsaugnant aligns with both clubs ethics, but hey as long as their name is in the book

12-May-24
I can see where it is looked poorly upon by some. I don’t personally choose to hunt that way, but I won’t judge those that do, providing it’s legal. The record keeping/conservation organizations will never make everybody happy.

14-May-24

Robear's Link
This guys explains all the charges very well. Actually includes another 150 inch deer that he poached.

14-May-24
Too bad it’s on tick tock

14-May-24
*TikTok* Bou

14-May-24
Yikes. Everyone came out to play for this thread.

14-May-24
“The record keeping/conservation organizations will never make everybody happy.”

I read somewhere that Teddy Roosevelt believed that tree stands were Unsporting, so you have to wonder if current standards would cut it with the founders…. But of course TR thought that shooting at animals a quarter mile away (with iron sights) was great Sport, especially if you were riding at a full gallop….. So times do change….

I have to wonder what Pope & Young themselves would make of the arms race that bowhunting has become…. I think they’d say it’s kind of missing the point of the exercise… but that’s just me…

14-May-24
Adam, I had to look at the date, I thought this was a vintage thread! lol, scentman.

14-May-24
Unfortunately whenever a nice deer gets taken by me I always wait until I hear the full story. Sad to say illegal baiting is rampant with no enforcement so more and more hunters feel they have to bait to get a nice buck. It's a real shame and I have no problem at all with baiting as long as it's legal.

14-May-24
If guilty he could face a $30K plus fine. Ouch! Pretty big gamble for fame.

14-May-24
Since Jacklighting is in the charges I am guessing that in itself is poaching. I don't know of any place where bowhunting for deer is legal at night with a spotlight.

14-May-24
In Ohio Jacklighting is using a light to “shine” for deer. It is illegal to do even with headlights. No weapon needs to be present. I believe that’s what he is being charged with on that particular one.

20-May-24

Robear's Link
In the Columbus Ohio newspaper yesterday.

• Sitka Gear