longsprings 13-Jun-24
EmptyFreezer 13-Jun-24
Scott/IL 13-Jun-24
nchunter 13-Jun-24
Bou'bound 14-Jun-24
caribou77 14-Jun-24
Ambush 14-Jun-24
18-May-24
I had my setup confiscated in Moscow on my recent bear hunt and am starting to put together a new one. I have shot my Black Gold 5 pin slider for the last 10ish years just switching it from bow to bow. I was always fairly happy with it, but I got to wondering if there’s better options available now. What’s your favorite multi pin slider on the market now?

18-May-24
Well that’s burying the lead. What happened in Russia?

I Have a nice MBG slider on the classifieds at a good price if interested

18-May-24

JTreeman's Link
Good discussion on very similar subject from earlier this week at the link.

—Jim

18-May-24
I just started using the Axcel Archery Landslyde. I am so far very pleased.

18-May-24
Put a CBE 3-pin vertical slider on my new bow. I'm kind of lukewarm to it. Lots of adjustments I like, just seems kind of cheap. I'll be looking real hard at the Spot Hogg Boonie when it finally comes out.

18-May-24
S&S Archery has a MBG version made just for them with better pin colors and lighter weight. I really like it. UV has my interest too. Lots out there just seems many lean toward target/3D

18-May-24
Your best option is the Option sight, Canyon Pounder. You can move the 5 pins and have the bottom as a slider or you can quickly flip out the 5 pins and have a one pin slider. It’s the best of all sight worlds!

18-May-24
I want to hear about a bear hunt in Russia at a time when they are at war with a country we are pouring billions of tax payers dollars into and your bow was confiscated.

18-May-24
Thanks for the responses guys. I’ll check into them. I’m currently driving to Montana for another bear hunt, but I’ll do a write up on my Russia hunt when I get back and have a little more free time.

18-May-24
Option Archery Canyon Pounder or HHA Tetra Max RYZ

18-May-24
Three words.

Spot Hogg Boonie.

18-May-24
I used a trophy ridge react three for years with great results, recently upgraded to the Ultra View, so far the only negative to the UV is it clearly designed by a young man with young eyes, the dang yardage numbers are tiny.

13-Jun-24
No one has mentioned HHA Love mine it's solid. On the third bow now and works great On a hunt it's usually set for 30 yd and I just adjust my aim point depending on range

13-Jun-24
How did you get a Spot Hogg Boonie Tilz?

13-Jun-24
I shot a MBG for years and while their warranty is amazing I was finding myself having to use it too often with the slider going out 2 years in a row. I’ve used a Spot Hogg the last 3 seasons and it seems bomb proof but I did prefer the pins of the MBG.

The Ultraview sight looks really solid but $600 for a new sight is a hard one to swallow.

13-Jun-24
Boy, talk about a cliffhanger ending to a thread.

14-Jun-24
What happened in Russia? Did they catch up with you in Montana and put you in a goolag?

14-Jun-24
I’ve shot a black gold mountain light for 5 years? 4 pins (comes with 3 or 5) 20-50 bottom is my slider. I really like it. Wish it had both horizontal and vertical micro adjustment but it sure hasn’t stopped me from killing animals. I choose 20-50 as at my house I can only shoot 50 yards and that tends to be my max on deer as well. It been fairly tough and made it up the mountain with me in SE Alaska with no issues. Recently picked up a spot Hogg fast Eddie 3 pin for a steal of a deal. While I love some aspects of the sight…. So far my Black Gold is still on my primary bow.

14-Jun-24

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
I never could get used to multiple vertical pins and a single pin doesn’t really work for me. My new Mathews Lift has a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie My now back up bow has the same sight except not in a dovetail. Love them both, but the integral dovetail mount is a definite step up.

• Sitka Gear