Charlie Rehor 05-Jun-24
Jethro 05-Jun-24
Will 05-Jun-24
03-Jun-24

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
What is this?
What is this?
So what’s this all about? Went to my first Total Archery Challenge at Seven Springs, PA

I joined Dennis Razza, his son Reed, Jim Treeman, Adam Cramer (Bowhunting Safari Consultants) and Brad Edgington. Tom Edgington (Mad Trapper) was supposed to join us but was under the weather.

Question does any one know what this means???

03-Jun-24

Arrows in tree??
Arrows in tree??
Or this??

03-Jun-24

JTreeman's embedded Photo
I have my suspicions Charlie…

—Jim

03-Jun-24
Nice of you to get Jim's arrows for him, Charlie!

03-Jun-24

Yes Nick, most of the two days I was helping Jim when he got in tuff places. Ha Ha..

Ok, some “other” guys lost or shattered arrows over the course. I led the group, losing or breaking 11 arrows. Note to self “bring more arrows next year, or get better” Ha Ha. When I arrived at Dennis’ we were greeted with some awesome brownies and the last day of school.

Dennis lives about 35 minutes from the venue.

03-Jun-24

Vendors sell lots of “gear” at these events. Pennsylvania is the second biggest TAC event.
Vendors sell lots of “gear” at these events. Pennsylvania is the second biggest TAC event.
In the bigger picture today’s bow hunter really enjoys these Total Archery Challenges around the US each summer.

Also, the equipment companies are major league involved. I’d say the average age of attendees is 45 and 97.4% drive big pick-ups.

03-Jun-24
TAC ran a challenge this year at all their events to “clean up” the course and bring back lost or broken arrows. I think you get entered into a drawing to win prizes if you return an arrow. That’s the bucket.

As far as the trees with arrows, learn your equipment and arc of your arrow. lol

03-Jun-24
I had not hear of these events until the one was held in San Antonio. It was after the fact that I found out though. Seems like it would be a hoot.

03-Jun-24

For the record, all of us in the group didn’t only shoot trees.

—Jim

03-Jun-24
Great time with good buds.

Arrow companies will do good this week! lol

03-Jun-24

Dennis son Reed letting one fly. Targets were between 35 and 114 yards.

03-Jun-24

Mr. Wonderful.

03-Jun-24

Dennis Razza's embedded Photo
Dennis Razza's embedded Photo

03-Jun-24
Looking forward to TAC South Dakota with a Bowsite group again in a couple of weeks. Good times!

03-Jun-24

Jim Treeman
Jim Treeman
Treeman, he’s been to almost all the TAC’s around this great Country. Darn good shooter but a little short on confidence

03-Jun-24
Is that a homeless guy trying to steal a target:)

03-Jun-24
TAC Michigan this weekend!

03-Jun-24

Blood's embedded Photo
Blood's embedded Photo
I went to VT for the 4th or 5th time with my son and a good friend. Always a great time and lots of laughs. Love seeing familiar faces and meeting new people.

03-Jun-24

20,000 steps and 9 plus miles.
20,000 steps and 9 plus miles.
The first day we did 2 courses of 25 targets each for a total of 50 targets. Each course takes about 4 hours. We are at a ski resort so lots of up and down hills. This was the total steps and distance for day one. My quads were burning on some of these hills.

03-Jun-24

Dennis is all set up with his in house bow shop
Dennis is all set up with his in house bow shop
We arrived home the first night around 9 pm. Dennis’ wife got us some pizza and we then patched up some of my arrows for the next day.

03-Jun-24

Next morning we are back for a bit later start. Lots of booths, bow hunters and gear, gear and more gear.

03-Jun-24

Day 2 has out on another course. Lots of family’s shooting. The future looks bright

03-Jun-24

Adam cheers the team. Lots of fun shooting these courses
Adam cheers the team. Lots of fun shooting these courses
Adam shoots from the wrong side.

Note the angle of this shot. I didn’t realize I was not leveling the bubble on my sight. A fair amount of my shots had good up and down but were hitting left or right.

03-Jun-24

Can you see the target
Can you see the target
You take the ski lift to and from the courses

03-Jun-24

Dennis, Reed, Brad and me left after the first course but Jim and Adam did a second course.

Jim will be at the South Dakota TAC

03-Jun-24
What day(s) did you fellas shoot? I went up Saturday just to walk around the vendors to handle/see new gear. I was going to shoot Sunday (Friday & Saturday were already sold out) but procrastinated on getting by bow ready so decided not to shoot.

03-Jun-24

Cold plunge.
Cold plunge.
When we got home it was hot and we were tired. We ate dinner then we all did the “Cold plunge”, another first for me. I was very impressed with how it made my sore bones and muscles recover.

03-Jun-24

We shot Friday and Saturday.

After the Plunge we made a fire and had samoores

I can see this being an annual event.

03-Jun-24
Looks like you guys had fun. Charlie, cold plunge is amazing, immediately takes away the aches and pains for awhile.

03-Jun-24
Man, 2 courses in a day would be a long day! Thanks for sharing Charlie.

03-Jun-24
“Adam shoots from the proper side”……Fixed it for you, Charlie!

Glad to see that Jim was able to carve out a couple of days of relaxation from his hectic work schedule…..

04-Jun-24
Was Treeman high in demand for his signature or the allure of shooting with him for the day?

04-Jun-24
Looks fun Charlie!

04-Jun-24
Dino: He’s not as well known in the Eastern part of the US but the folks requesting signatures and hat signing was a bit annoying.:)

04-Jun-24
Charlie, I heard he hired you guys to shoot good while he signed autographs and looked pretty ;)

04-Jun-24
TAC has a way of becoming an annual event for sure Charlie! I think I have shot it for 11 of the past 12 years! Hopefully Jim had time to order a few more arrows before his next TAC adventure. He is shooting the entire tour this year I think.

04-Jun-24

He did mention he was going to South Dakota TAC. I believe he only lost 1 or two arrows on 100 targets. Pretty good shooting.

04-Jun-24

Rough crowd around here this week! I actually lost 3 arrows. One was a complete punch, I think it may have landed in New York somewhere. The others were close misses. I made some good shots and some not as good.

I’lol be at Terry peak in SD, as well as something called King of the Hill in WI in July too. Plenty of opportunities to lose arrows…

Fun times with friends; bros, bows, and boots.

—Jim

04-Jun-24
We finally get a Treeman dose on the good side of the country and I was on the other side of the world when it happened

04-Jun-24
Charlie, how much long distance practice do you normally do and did you increase that this year in preparation?

05-Jun-24

Note the slope..
Note the slope..
Jethro: I shoot a fair amount to 80 yards. Most all of my killing is under 40. The thing that makes TAC courses tuff is slope of shots, trees and brush before targets and size of targets. Most shots had rocks at the base of targets so a miss was a shattered arrow.

05-Jun-24
80 is a good poke. I was thinking of this thread while shooting in my backyard, 70 which I do often. I believe that's the furthest I've ever shot and its with a holdover of 60 pin. Must be little intimidating to get the the first 100+ target.

05-Jun-24
Looks like a good time - glad you all had fun!

• Sitka Gear