bigeasygator 11-Jul-24
CaptMike 11-Jul-24
KsRancher 11-Jul-24
Catscratch 11-Jul-24
bigeasygator 11-Jul-24
olddogrib 11-Jul-24
Catscratch 11-Jul-24
10-Jul-24
Well....no. Not since the criteria for doing that is set out in the Constitution.

10-Jul-24
It's just hyperbole but the left definitely sticks together uniformly with a message.

10-Jul-24
"Threat to democracy". Anything to create a panic by charging up an emotional response.

Sad, really, that many are duped into thinking that it's actually a real thing...

10-Jul-24
That what is actually a "thing" ?

10-Jul-24
"Fdp, then how would it be a threat to democracy if the American people voted Trump into office as President?"....I never said it would be. However he does have a history of having been party to a threat on Democracy. From the fake elector crap to the January 6th BS.

10-Jul-24
"From the fake elector crap to the January 6th BS."

The only BS regarding "elector crap" and January 6 has the constant been lies by the Dems.

10-Jul-24
How about a fake Steele Dossier and Russia collusion? Does that qualify as a threat to democracy, or is it in itself, democracy to push a certain candidate out of the running? Wait… maybe KJP’s incessant lying to the press that qualifies for democracy?!?!

10-Jul-24
What lies sundowner? Are you insinuating that Trump and the Republicans weren't the masterminds of the fake elector scheme? Are you insinuating that Donald Trump didn't wait 187 minutes before he made any significant attempt to stop the riot on January 6th?

Are you insinuating that Donald Trump didn't try to convince the Vice President that he could over throw the results of a lawful election?

10-Jul-24
So many lies, so little time………

10-Jul-24
Donald Trump has colluded with the Russians for years in one way or another;

Donald Trump Jr., told the global trade publication eTurboNews that Russians were key investors in the Trump Organization’s assets. "And in terms of high-end product influx into the US, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets; say in Dubai, and certainly with our project in SoHo and anywhere in New York,” Trump Jr. said in the interview. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia. There's indeed a lot of money coming for new-builds and resale reflecting a trend in the Russian economy and, of course, the weak dollar versus the ruble."

10-Jul-24
^^^ Is that collusion or just business?

10-Jul-24
Yeah but Trump

10-Jul-24
Seems like trying to remove a candidate from the ballot based upon a fake crime he was never tried for, or convicted of, would qualify as a "threat to democracy"...

10-Jul-24
I still think their is no way in hell Biden got over 80 million votes no fricken way.

10-Jul-24
Never knew that this is a Democracy always thought this country under the Constitution is a Republic.

Democracy is where the mob rule and I do believe we are that.

10-Jul-24
"That what is actually a "thing" ?"

The lie about everything a party disagrees with that the other party is doing is a threat to democracy. Democracy simply means the people governed have a voice in gov't, the absence of a monarchy.

10-Jul-24
Fdp, are you insinuating that you have a shred of common sense? What the hell colored glasses do you look through??

10-Jul-24
The degree to which some people will try to assert a false equivalence to what Trump did is embarrassing. If the tables were turned and Biden as incumbent lost and was identified as trying to create votes out of thin air in order to manufacture a false win, this board would lose its collective mind.

But instead, we have people who are muttering under their breath, "...well, uh, you know, it kinda looks like if this happens we could probably accuse the democrats of something undermining democracy. Maybe."

Never mind having an actual understanding of the DNC's "good conscience" rule for delegates which gives them an out.

10-Jul-24
Nothing false as Trump has done nothing wrong with regard to how he handled his presidency.

10-Jul-24

Catscratch's embedded Photo
Catscratch's embedded Photo

11-Jul-24
People have to be a little smarter because we so easily forget.

Nobody remembers democrats or other republicans questioning election results etc...nothing new, it is our media that blows stuff out of proportions, gets the people all riled up etc..

plus now with all the big tech etc....stuff gets blowed up fairly quick.

I certainly am not a fan of Biden, but i'm not about to make stuff up just to make him look bad ,he does that well enough on his own.

Be best if we just take a deep breath go fishing, go scout for fall or whatever.

A lot of politicians are nothing more than a bunch of educated well dressed people creating a bunch of drama and acting like kids.

Like the whole golf thing during the debate...Biden actually challenging Trump to carrying his own bag...lol..this coming from a guy that looks like walking is a chore, and falls of his bicycle.....come on people, we gotta be smart enough to see through this stuff.

You gotta be smart enough to see who is actually a threat to democracy...No it's not Trump and probably not Biden either......But there are politicians and people behind them especially democrats that are.

11-Jul-24
Shade, I think the 'big money' on _both_ sides is "actually a threat to democracy."

If anything is killing this country it isn't Biden (or Trump), it's 'Citizens United v. FEC.' Politicians on both sides are too hopelessly hooked on big money to do anything about it.

11-Jul-24
The media didn't try to stop a constitutional process on Jan 6. The media didn't chant "hang Mike Pence" erect gallows at the capital. The media didn't create fake electors, the media didn't ask a Secretary of State for 11,000 votes after recounts were done. The media didn't fail to concede an election an end our tradition of a peaceful transfer of power. The media didn't convict Trump for 34 felonies.

It's a cop out to not hold a person accountable for their action because of political bias. It's Trump and the Trumper cult that is the biggest threat to democracy.

"You have to be smart enough" to call like it is regardless of your own personal politics. Seems impossible for some here. Example shade mt.

But just keep whistling past the graveyard on your way to own the libs.

11-Jul-24
The 'REAL threat to our country is the lack of so called "citizens" who can't tell the difference between a democracy and a constitutional republic. Electing people hungry for power and prestige on a regular basis, by accepting their lying as "just the way it is". People don't need to "wake up", they need to "wise up" and spend some time studying the plan the framers and founders put in place. Sort of like going to spring training, where professionals, each season, return to basics, in order to better play the game.

Oh but that's just too much for many people to do, hence, we are where we are. America is fast becoming the country that died of apathy, and government by sombody else keeps going on instead of following the plan.

11-Jul-24
So "orange man bad" is worse than killing conservatively 3 million of God's creations since 2020?

11-Jul-24
"The 'REAL threat to our country is the lack of so called "citizens" who can't tell the difference between a democracy and a constitutional republic."

That says it all when you're too bias and stupid to know what you're talking about. A distinction without a difference. Lately, it's a tale tale sign your in the cult. What MAGA talking head told all you Trumpers we are not a democracy? And you all just go around repeating it. To stupid to realize it's a set up...what comes next is feeding the MAGA crowd, "you can't take away what you never had" so let's convince them we are not a democracy. You can see it coming for miles unless you're in a cult. Dumbest s#%t I've heard yet.

Edit: I see that Steve Bannon (currently in prison) has been saying it lately. That explains why the cult is repeating it. I get it now. The same guy that was charged with fraud for stealing donations Trumpers sent in to "build the wall" and was pardoned by Trump for it. It all makes sense now.

11-Jul-24
KS,

Thanks for the validation.

11-Jul-24
"The media didn't try to stop a constitutional process on Jan 6. The media didn't chant "hang Mike Pence" erect gallows at the capital. The media didn't create fake electors, the media didn't ask a Secretary of State for 11,000 votes after recounts were done. The media didn't fail to concede an election an end our tradition of a peaceful transfer of power. The media didn't convict Trump for 34 felonies."

maybe not...but the media did play an active role in propagating the russian collusion hoax. the media did push the steele dossier. the media did relentlessly push the theory that the trump zelensky phone call was an impeachable offense. the media did actively suppress any negative stories about their favored presidential candidate in the runup to the 2020 election. the media did claim the contents of hunters laptop was russian disinformation. the media did propagate the "very find people on both sides" hoax. the media did suppress the contents of ashley bidens diary. the media did claim that border patrol agents were whipping illegal immigrants. when trump suggested that a lab leak...the media did claim it was a conspiracy theory and that it was a lie. the media did claim that trump recommended that people inject bleach in their arms. the media did suggest that the covid vaccine was developed too rapidly to be safe (under trump) but was absolutely necessary (under biden). the media did hide the fact that a sitting president was suffering from obvious cognitive difficulties.

need i continue?

"You have to be smart enough to call like it is regardless of your own personal politics."

indeed...

11-Jul-24
The media did not attempt to bring up 10,000 guardsmen in an effort to stave off any possible violence. Neither did the DC mayor or drunken Nancy Pelosi. But, one person did. KS, what mind altering drugs are you on??

11-Jul-24
nobody ran against Joe Biden in primaries

but the rules are what they are - the Democratic Committee will decide the next candidate - the American people will not

if I were a liberal/Democrat voter I'd be all kinds of pissed

11-Jul-24
In my opinion the media has done much worse than any one man has. Citizens deserve to know facts and be able to form their own opinions from those fact. The lies and bias that is the media isn't to better our country. If you catch a man lying to you you know not to believe them anymore. If the entire system is lying to you how are you supposed to gain information? It's maddening!

Careful soccer, insinuating that a man dressing as a woman is morally wrong and should be illegal could get you in trouble with some here.

11-Jul-24
"Careful soccer, insinuating that a man dressing as a woman is morally wrong and should be illegal could get you in trouble with some here."

only people like soccer cant differentiate between a comedy skit and a man actually thinking he is a woman.

11-Jul-24
Soccer mom, very rich, coming from the party of trans, homo and every other deviate group in society. Now I know why they invented frontal lobotomies.

11-Jul-24
“ only people like soccer cant differentiate between a comedy skit and a man actually thinking he is a woman.”

That’s hilarious coming from the ring leader of the crew that conflates drag performances with gender identity.

11-Jul-24
Soccer or BEG: have either of you dressed as a woman as a comedy skit?

11-Jul-24
Honest question; is it really illegal to dress in drag to do a comedy skit in Florida? I had no idea there was a law like that.

11-Jul-24
"Trump and the Trumper cult that is the biggest threat to [the people having a voice]."

There KSflat, fixed it for you to show how nonsensical you sound...

11-Jul-24
Have to first define what a woman is and it seems nobody on the liberal side can do that. Including the newest lib Supreme Court judge. Liberals are a messed up cult for sure

11-Jul-24
Yep (had to think about it for a sec). Your point?

11-Jul-24
beg, You sound like Supreme Court material, just sayin' that's what I think his point is.

11-Jul-24
“beg, You sound like Supreme Court material”

Sorry, not following.

11-Jul-24
The 25th Amendment should be invoked. Biden is clearly not medically fit to be President and Vice President Harris should take over. Biden's cabinet needs to grow a pair.

11-Jul-24
Biden is not, has not been, and will not be the president, other than in name. He is the perfect puppet for his handlers. Give him and his family some money and they will dance to any tune they are asked to do.

11-Jul-24
It appears soccer might be right about the Florida thing, if the motorboating was knowingly done in front of kids. Not illegal to crossdress or entertain while crossdressing, but it is illegal to perform lewd sexual acts in front of kids. Didn't find much on punishments other than it being referenced as a misdemeanor, fine, or loss of license for establishments allowing lewd performances in front of kids. It appears there is a lot left to interpretation for LEO'S.

11-Jul-24
“but it is illegal to perform lewd sexual acts in front of kids…”

And clearly a lot of people on here think that reading a book to children qualifies as a “lewd sexual act.”

11-Jul-24
"And clearly a lot of people on here think that reading a book to children qualifies as a “lewd sexual act.”"

You might be right.

11-Jul-24
1. "You do realize nearly every drag show/drag venue is done by men who don't think they are women and is for comedic value."

2. "That’s hilarious coming from the ring leader of the crew that conflates drag performances with gender identity."

two categorically false statements.

1. many drag performers are also transgender.

2. the only thing i have ever said about "drag performances"...especially those of a sexual nature...are not appropriate for children.

nice try though...lol

11-Jul-24
"2. the only thing i have ever said about "drag performances"...are not appropriate for children"

Do you consider reading a book a "performance"?

11-Jul-24
Do you consider reading a book a "performance"?

Oh so easy to overlook the impersonation, thus the performance.

11-Jul-24
"And clearly a lot of people on here think that reading a book to children qualifies as a “lewd sexual act.” If that book and the words being told to children has to do with lewd, unnatural and depraved acts, I am against it, regardless of what you or anyone else labels it.

11-Jul-24
"Oh so easy to overlook the impersonation, thus the performance."

Drag is by its very definition performance art. So I'm trying to understand what Ricky means by "drag performances" and specifically the aspects of "performance" that Ricky deems inappropriate for children. He implies that some performances involving cross dressing seem to be fine (eg, a comedy skit), performances of a sexual nature may not be depending on the age of the audience (which no one would disagree). So where is the line drawn?

11-Jul-24
"If that book and the words being told to children has to do with lewd, unnatural and depraved acts, I am against it"

Me too.

11-Jul-24
"Are we just ignoring boebert now?" A very poor attempt to equalize a party that supports these things with a single person. Epic FAIL!

11-Jul-24
I guess no answer is an answer.

Do you think the drag queens would read to children if they couldn't be in drag? It's all indoctrination.

11-Jul-24
I answered as well. I said “yep”.

11-Jul-24
"Do you consider reading a book a "performance"?"

i guess that would depend on the book...as well as the person reading it.

11-Jul-24
How about a male comedian in women's clothes reading Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?

11-Jul-24
Ding, ding, ding....4Nolz for the win! While some of you want to "dance around" (no pun intended, regardless of what you're wearing) the issues, I'll share something that's haunted me for 40 years. I loathe the label "minor attracted persons". It's not empathetic and not meant to be. It's just pandering and giving "tacit acquiescence" to one of the lowest perversions of humankind in case one day pedophiles become a significant voting block! When my wife and I were young marrieds in our late 20's we occasionally babysat for her older cousin who had gone through a nasty divorce with an ex who had abused drugs and alcohol. The last time we kept her little girl, 'N' climbed up in my lap, grinned sheepishly and began what I can only describe as a little girl's impression of a lap dance. I wrote it off thinking she just wanted to get down, so I put her down. She climbed right back up and went right back at it with an even bigger grin. I put her down and told her to go play. My wife was in the room but not paying attention, so I waited until the mother picked her up before I went ballistic. I told my wife what 'N' had done, and she knew exactly what she was doing. Further, it was a no-brainer that she learned it from 'G' (the ex) and she probably got a lot attention for doing it. I told her you need to tell 'B' (the mother) immediately. My wife said 'G' had lots of low-life friends who were over all the time, and it could have been any of them. She begged me not to say anything to 'B' because she had been through enough hell and 'G' had no visitation rights because he didn't want any. To keep the peace, I "acquiesced". Approx. 10 years later 'N' ran a hose from the exhaust to a cracked window, laid down in the back seat of her mother's car, and left the pain behind! I've had to live with my "acquiescence", but I'll vote to make what amends I can in November! Now you can continue this charade!

11-Jul-24
i guess id have to make a determination as to why a male comedian felt the need to dress as a woman in order to read that book...and what his reason was for wanting to read it to children. if i felt it had anything whatsoever with promoting or normalizing the transgender lifestyle...i would consider it inappropriate.

11-Jul-24
And if it wasn’t “promoting or normalizing the transgender lifestyle” (ie, literally nothing gets said about gender identity or transgenderism)?

11-Jul-24
read my last post. what part of it is confusing?

11-Jul-24
Currently, anyone in Washington D.C. is a threat to democracy. We need a complete overhaul b/4 we are a complete failed nation due to "no leadership". They have forgotten they WORK for the American people. A lightening strike from above when they are all convened would be nice.

11-Jul-24
“read my last post. what part of it is confusing?”

Just confirming what you said. Good to know you at least don’t have an issue with drag story hours, just those that promote/normalize transgenderism.

11-Jul-24
Soccer, you are trying to equate a very small number of people versus a party mentality. Apples to oranges would be a closer comparison.

11-Jul-24
I am probably crazy. But the Democrats right now remind me of the hunger games movie. Weird as can be and want total control while everyone else should be happy being a peasant

11-Jul-24
I'm still trying to figure out how Trump doing business with Russia is convoluted into collusion, and why did the Threat to Democracy thread get shifted to the Trans thread? I'm gusseing it all goes back to... but, but, Trump?

11-Jul-24
"Good to know you at least don’t have an issue with drag story hours, just those that promote/normalize transgenderism."

you seem to have left out a pretty important qualifier...but that kind of what you do.

"i guess id have to make a determination as to why a male comedian felt the need to dress as a woman in order to read that book...and what his reason was for wanting to read it to children."

but by all means if your quote above is what you got out of what i posted...you go right ahead thinking that...just dont attribute it to me.

11-Jul-24
I didn't ignore it, it just didn't seem like much of a qualifier. You said you'd have to make a determination - I assume that means that there are reasons why a male entertainer dressed up in costume (perhaps women's clothes) might read a book to children that you would find acceptable. If not, there's no need for a "determination."

11-Jul-24
Y'all can save your breath and "sunset" this farce. Headline today from the libs favorite new site: "Progressives enraged as Democrats reportedly privately admit Trump isn't an existential threat to democracy"!

11-Jul-24
Horrible story olddogrib. Sympathy to you and yours for going through that tough of a situation.

• Sitka Gear