GF 24-Oct-17
Native 24-Oct-17
notme 24-Oct-17
Richm444 24-Oct-17
GF 24-Oct-17
GF 25-Oct-17
bigbuckbob 25-Oct-17
24-Oct-17
good day everyone wondering everyone thoughts on taking a pie bald doe .. I have been hunting the same trac of land for 6 yrs . mand at the end of muzzleloader I almost took her . I just took a walk to check my trail cam and I just ran into her yet again this time much larger then last year.. being native American I feel a bit off as its a special animal in it self ..

24-Oct-17
Pie bald doe?

24-Oct-17
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.-2lAm3vFWlQL2oGAxRkgpAEpDR&w=153&h=105&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.25&pid=3.1&rm=2

24-Oct-17
piebald ,, should have been one word sorry

24-Oct-17
I guess if its an animal held in high regard then no..it would be like me selling pencils in the shape of jesus

24-Oct-17
I'd agree with you notme. Even though you hold that deer to a higher standard doesn't mean that others do. Kinda like shooting an albino deer. Some won't but some will. Inevitably your the one with the bow and it comes down to you. Unfortunately a lot of these deer don't make it because they stick out like a sore thumb in the woods.. Beautiful animals though!

24-Oct-17

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
Like this?

24-Oct-17
LET HER WALK...

24-Oct-17
Let em go

24-Oct-17

>>---CTCrow--->'s embedded Photo
Is this your doe or just an example?

24-Oct-17
Not being native and knowing that it tastes the same as other does, I might shoot it(might).

I would say I would shoot it if it had a white head and I would mount it. The white is the rear so I would probably pass so she can pass the genes.

24-Oct-17

I had a button around for one season and never saw him again.

24-Oct-17

Last day of the 2015 season

24-Oct-17
https://youtu.be/CBGtVuVO2j8

24-Oct-17
I would take it... if I was going for doe. It's not like it's a species. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's just a defect. Any deer can have a piebald or albino fawn.

24-Oct-17
By the way..... thanks notme. I got the package. Check is in the mail.

24-Oct-17

24-Oct-17
Hey DD. That must've been nice to see. He was putting on a show for you.

The brother of a co-worker shot a piebald buck long time ago and somehow it made it in the papers. He got a few anonymous death threats.

24-Oct-17

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
she died of old age it was nice to just see her was around for 4 years

24-Oct-17
People sure tie themselves up in knots over stuff...

It’s just a genetic quirk - one that normally results in a high mortality rate due to predation. I would be no more or less motivated to take a piebald animal than any other; for me, the good shot is there or it’s not.

If I had a landowner who asked me to let it walk, well, not my dirt; when you’re a guest, be a good one.

I don’t know about the local NA traditions or beliefs around piebald or albino deer; if that were an important part of my sense of identity, I would honor those, whatever they might be.

The one thing that I would do differently if I were to tag a color variant, though, is that I would have that one tanned hair-on. I’ve always tanned all of my deer hides for leather, but a piebald might be a lot more interesting.

OTOH, I had my Elk tanned hair-on and I’ve never done anything with it..... Guess I’d better get busy on a Man Cave!

24-Oct-17
No the pic was a example but almost exactly what she looks like.. I'm thinking she is 4 maybe 5 . Last year there were two others with her this year she was with a normal doe. As to Travis. I hunt racks often. But when I'm putting meat in the freezer a couple day doe. Tasty mighty fine... but I don't discriminate.. . And yes she will get a pass. Her friend on the other hand will not.

24-Oct-17
No problem bud..let me know when they disappear...lol. now if i can only do the water and wine thing

24-Oct-17
leave it - no doubt about it - tons of other deer available

24-Oct-17
“leave it - no doubt about it - tons of other deer available”

Challenge: Give me one scientifically supportable reason.

25-Oct-17
No takers, eh?

25-Oct-17
piebald???? - I thought this thread was about bald pie. Never mind.

Next thread?

• Sitka Gear