SILVERADO 18-Nov-08
SILVERADO 18-Nov-08
HunterDan 18-Nov-08
Jax07 18-Nov-08
HunterDan 19-Nov-08
Jax07 19-Nov-08
SILVERADO 19-Nov-08
09-Nov-08
Deer Management Seminar in Redding 11/18 Hunters, landowners, and everyone interested in white-tailed deer biology and management are invited to attend a FREE seminar.

Seminar Topic: What is Quality Deer Management and the QDMA? Learn how QDM differs from traditional and trophy mgmt. Find out how QDM improves deer herds, habitat and hunting.

Learn about the local Nutmeg State QDMA Branch and how to get involved!!

Presented by: Matt Ross Wildlife Biologist/Forester - New England/Canada Regional Director, QDMA

West Redding Firehouse 306 Umpawaug Rd West Redding, CT Tuesday November 18th 6:00pm

Refreshments available. Donations appreciated.

Learn more about the Quality Deer Management Association: www.qdma.com

I hope to see you all there, it should be a fun and informative evening.

14-Nov-08
I've heard from a number of people who plan to come to this seminar. I'm hoping that a bunch of BowSiters join us too. (Some of you know that I am one of the Deer Wardens in Redding).

In Redding, (as in many other CT towns) we have too many deer. A Survey that was done last year showed 30-40 Deer per Square Mile. The forests have suffered greatly as a result, and the numbers of cases of Lyme Disease have exploded (as have cases of other tick borne diseases). Deer-car collisions are much higher than they should/could be as well.

We are taking aggressive steps to reduce the deer population, aiming for a level that allows regeneration of the forests and keeps the tick numbers to a minimum.

What this means is that there WIIL BE FEWER DEER. That is not open for discussion, the Residents have demanded it, the Conservation Commission, and the Selectman's Office are working towards it. Frankly almost nobody disagrees that the population needs to be much lower.

What I want to discuss is how we will help the herd stay healthy (and balanced) when there are one-half, to one-third the number of deer that we now have.

Come to the seminar, our role (as CT Hunters) is vitally important. We have tried very hard to keep the town from turning to "Sharp Shooters" or other Non Hunter related methods of population reduction.

I personally think that we can have MUCH BETTER hunting in the future. Not with the huge numbers of deer that we have now, but with healthier deer and a much more balanced age structure.

14-Nov-08
I'll be there,sounds very informative.

17-Nov-08
I'll be there as well as Hammertime

18-Nov-08
i am going to go as well

Scott

18-Nov-08
anyone know how to get here, or have an address?

18-Nov-08
anyone know how to get here, or have an address?

18-Nov-08
West Redding Fire House 306 Umpawaug Rd West Redding, CT 06896 (203) 938-2518?

Look forward to seeing you there. Dan

18-Nov-08
silverrado I am leaving Norwalk at 5 and have a gps in my rigg...you can follow me if you want

19-Nov-08
Thanks to all that attended the seminar and great to meet fellow hunters. Look forward to future seminars and educating hunters and landowners on the benefits of QDM. Dan

19-Nov-08
it was good to meet all you guys

19-Nov-08
Awesome time last night, very informatve. Great meeting you guys. Hopefully we can get a chance to hunt together someday.

• Sitka Gear