NASPfan 29-Jun-09
Bill VanderLaan 01-Jul-09
NASPfan 03-Jul-09
Handle 15-Apr-20
Fish 19-Apr-20
beanter8 03-Nov-20
Tody 09-Nov-20
26-Jun-09
Does anyone know when they did away with the patches you got when you passed hunter education? I took the course when I was 12, in 1990, and I got an orange patch that said IL Dept of Conservation, Hunter Education Graduate. I always thought it was pretty neat. My 7 yr old daughter and my wife just took and passed the hunter education course a couple of weeks ago and no patch. I was just curious when they stopped giving them out. Was it when IDOC changed to IDNR?

26-Jun-09
That's odd. My son took the course at Cabela's last summer and they were giving them out then. Maybe your instructor was just out or a budget cut this year?

29-Jun-09
I also took the course last Summer with my daughter and we both received the patch. I'm sure they still have them, did they ask the instructor about them?

29-Jun-09
No they did not ask nor think about it.....it was an after thought by me.:)

30-Jun-09
wow...........I never knew they had a 'patch' for that. I've never seen one when my sons and daughter later on and I did the courses.......

01-Jul-09
I am an instructor for Menard County and in our class every successful student gets three things - their card, an orange patch and a handshake. I would imagine if you contacted the DNR they would give you one.

03-Jul-09
I guess they were out. I never called anyone about it but today in the mail arrived 2 patches for the wife and daughter. Wife didn't really care but my daughter(7) was pretty excited by it.

15-Apr-20
I didn't know that the DNR gives the orange patches just after the course of hunting. I am only 19 years old and I recently completed my graduation in Business which was quite hard for me just because of writing a coursework but I like hunting so much that is why I am searching for some info about it. I would be the first in my family who will do this course.

19-Apr-20

Fish's embedded Photo
New Hunter Safety Class Pin
Fish's embedded Photo
New Hunter Safety Class Pin
Im a Hunter Ed instructor,the DNR quit giving us patches to hand out,and started giving us pins awhile back.Alot of instructors have a bunch of extra patches from previous classes and are still handing them out.I had a class scheduled for early this month (canceled due to covid) but i got the supplies and pins were included..here's a pic of one.

03-Nov-20
It's the first time everything, so I'm clumsy and excited The memories of those days still look like dreams. Where are you going now? tetris skribbl io

09-Nov-20
When I took my class about 12 yr ago I don't recall any patch. Kids get excited about small stuff and it's fun to see that.

• Sitka Gear