RME 17-Jul-09
505 17-Jul-09
Norseman 17-Jul-09
Norseman 17-Jul-09
arctichill 28-Jul-09
Muley75 25-Feb-24
Cheesehead Mike 26-Mar-24
16-Jul-09
This will be my first time hunting unit 16B, very lucky to draw both Elk (First week) and Deer. Any specific information about this area would be appreciated. Does anyone know what the Diamond Creek area is like?

16-Jul-09
oh ya, looking to trade information with someone that has knowledge of 16B, i know Units 2,9,10,and 15 pretty well.

17-Jul-09
Thought you might be interested to know the fire situation in 16B. This is from daily updates I recieve.

Wilderness Ranger District,

++Moore fire:Detected 7/11/09, and located 20 miles north of Mimbres, NM. Fire size is 1762 acres. The fire is burning at a low intensity in the Tom Moore Canyon, mostly to the northwest and west, away from Forest Road (FR) 150 and the road remains OPEN at this time.

++Meason and Diamond fires: As of July 16, the Meason fire was 7030 acres and the Diamond fire was 17,600 acres. The fires continue to be monitored and patrolled.

17-Jul-09
I think Diamond creek is still burning. Google INCIWEB, you can open the fires with google earth. Pretty awesome. Check your pm

17-Jul-09
monsoons are here. Good rains everyday.

fires should be put out or not do much damage

17-Jul-09
monsoons are here. Good rains everyday.

fires should be put out or not do much damage

28-Jul-09
All of 16B is awesome for both elk and deer. I'd have to look at the proclamation to see if you're limited to just Muley's or Couse, or if your tag is good for both. In either case, bith are plentiful. I would focus my attention on Tom Moore Canyon on the West of "The Road". Also pay close attention to the outskirts of Middle Mesa in the evenings. Seen and taken lots of great bulls there.

25-Feb-24

Muley75's Link
arctichill, was reading your post on Middle mesa and also Tom Moore canyon on the west side. Are there really some good hunting on that end from HWY 15 over to 35 Hwy. Everyone is always talking about the country north on 16B Never even though about deer tags as I didn't think it was that good. WE hired an outfitter to drop us in woodland park and I did not think it would be very good in there. that is way east from where everyone talks about. The outfitter goes in from the cliff dwellings and head northeast to woodland park area. I have never heard of a person talk about it at all. and a good reason why all the outfitters go to the northwest section to hunt. water is my concern is their water a little more plentiful on that end of the wilderness. From what I seen on maps terrain is pretty much like the rest of the wilderness. Is there a a place to hang meat in Reserve do you know? and where would be the closest place to have one cut and wrapped for the trip home? and help on anything mentioned would be a great help and well appreciated. thanks Mike73

26-Mar-24
Do you realize that arctichill's last post was 15 years ago?

• Sitka Gear