Per48R 11-Jul-20
Buck Watcher 11-Jul-20
Tweed 11-Jul-20
Mnhunter1980 12-Jul-20
ground hunter 13-Jul-20
dissertation_help 01-Oct-20
Huntcell 01-Oct-20
04-Sep-09
Just a bit of information that some of you may already know. Taking a buck in velvet must be reported to the game warden. You can still register it at the gas station but it must be reported. Since our season is the earliest I think it has ever been there is a chance to take a buck still in velvet.

04-Sep-09
Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know that. I better read the regulations again. I was hours away from taking one last year. He shed his velvet a few hours before his dirt nap and pick-up ride.

04-Sep-09
Honestly to me, this is just my feeling, I don't like the ones in velvet as much as the hard horned. To each there own though.

04-Sep-09
ALL MY MATURE BUCKS WENT HARD HORNED IN THE LAST 3 DAYS.

04-Sep-09
is that in the booklet they hand out when you buy your liscense? I missed that if it was in there.

04-Sep-09

Price Co Hunter's embedded Photo
Price Co Hunter's embedded Photo
Just like Serb said. Bucks like this one from this morning have shown up without velvet for the first time this season.

04-Sep-09
Price Co.- That buck isn't missing too many meals by the looks of it!

I am seeing about 50/50 as of last night yet. Some bigger and some little tikes.

I never knew anything about reporting the velvet kill. I've only shot one in velvet and it was 25th of Sept. in northern MN a number of years back.

04-Sep-09
Never heard of this rule - I got one in velvet many years ago and nothing was said at the registration station. It had a couple cracks in the velvet so in a few hours he'd have been clean. What is this with all these hidden rules anyway!!!!!!

04-Sep-09

Ryanw's embedded Photo
Ryanw's embedded Photo
All the mature bucks around me, had velvet as of tuesday, but i haven't checked cam since then. BTW this one showed up, hadn't seen him since december 29th 2008. 5 1/2 yrs, not much different than last years rack, but a bit bigger.

05-Sep-09

heavy hitter's embedded Photo
heavy hitter's embedded Photo
hard by me too

05-Sep-09
I've had rubs for a couple weeks now so I'm guessing the antlers are hard and clean shaven already and will be by Saturday for sure. Most of the white dots are gone already but I'm sure the late born will have some yet come the first or even second week of the seasons opener.

Good Luck To All You Guys & Dolls - shoot straight and have them sharp....

06-Sep-09
The rule is not in the little pamphlets but it is a rule.They need a second tag I found this out about 10 years ago.I was told because of poaching before the season is open.Does not make a lot of sense how could it be poached if it has a leagal tage on it already.

06-Sep-09

thrasher's embedded Photo
thrasher's embedded Photo
This little guy posed nicely in velvet last night.

09-Sep-09
Page 19 of the regs guys.........

09-Sep-09
Guy living not to far from where I hunt saw a small buck in Valvet and to better bucks in hard bone on the afternoon of the 8th.

I saw a doe with two fawns today one with spots and the bigger one (buck) without.

13-Sep-09

thesquid's embedded Photo
Passed on this one yesterday - still in velvet.

13-Sep-09

Another shot - as he moved away

15-Oct-19
What is the reason for calling the warden if you shoot a buck in velvet, may I ask? Never heard that one before. Are they somehow "sacred", like albinos are over there, or what? Just wondering..

15-Oct-19
Guys- That is spam, he's sending you to a dissertation service, mod's need to delete.

15-Oct-19
It's been that way for my whole life (50 years). The reason is so hunters can't shoot a velvet buck early and then register it once season is open.

Some deer won't lose velvet. A buck that is injured to the berries, for example.

15-Oct-19
S.B., I know registration of any deer is mandatory, goes without saying, but this thread makes it sound like a velvet buck is special...that's why I'm asking why would you have to specifically notify a warden if you shoot a velvet buck...or is this whole thread Bullsh!t?

15-Oct-19
Ok, thanks. Guess I'll have to read the rule book closer next time..

15-Oct-19
I don't know why it wouldn't be a mistake or outdated. For all practical purposes, no bucks are in velvet during our hunting seasons. The VERY rare exceptions are does with antlers, bucks that have been injured, etc. This rule makes sure people don't harvest them illegally.

15-Oct-19
can any one link us up with this law?

16-Oct-19
I don't think he was saying he personally thinks it's optional, but rather some hunters may "perceive" it to be. Namely the ill-informed ones, or ones not used to the new laws would be my guess. Personally, online registration is one of those things that I often wonder is it making it easier for the law-abiding, or the law-breaker?? Very convenient if you're the guy that likes to register your deer NOW and get it over with, or not have to leave camp, but I think it also makes it easier to do the opposite and get away with it, too. Either way, doesn't matter, guys that break the rules will always find a way to break the rules.

16-Oct-19
Just happened to notice that this thread was started in Sept. 2009. There have been a lot of changes since then. Has anyone concerned, called a warden to clarify the law?

16-Oct-19
South farm how is it easier now to get away with not registering your harvest? What made you go to the bar or gas station under the old registration rules? There always has been and always will be the people that think laws don’t apply to them. As a whole sportsmen are an honest and ethical group and will register their harvest.

16-Oct-19
jrd, read my last sentence. I agree with you.

17-Oct-19
No mention of your heritage until you brought it up.

17-Oct-19
When I saw a post from Serbianshark early in this topic I looked at the dates on the early posts. 2009, Surprised that Bones even found the topic to post in.

26-Oct-19
Just a little information that some of you may already know. Taking a bucket in velvet must be reported to the game supervisor. You can still register it at the gas station but it must be reported. I have to suggest https://www.bestdissertation.com/write-my-dissertation.html to them. Because our season is the earliest, I think it once had a chance to grab a bucket still in velvet.

26-Oct-19
I Like This Post!

19-Dec-19
SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!

19-Dec-19
I would avoid that Hyperlink at the end of his unreadable comment. Might find all your xmas money in Nigeria.

14-Apr-20

jackrex's Link
Dissertation Services UK offers the Dissertation Statistical Analysis Services

11-Jul-20

noraconsulting's embedded Photo
lavonee sisk
noraconsulting's embedded Photo
lavonee sisk

noraconsulting's Link
Our dissertation/thesis proofreading and editing services provide a well-written, perfectly formatted thesis that you can submit your requirement with confidence.

11-Jul-20
Couldn't the online form for registering ask once you select buck, if it was in velvet? Pretty easy to do, ain't it.

11-Jul-20
Found this with a quick search.

Question 3: Am I allowed to harvest a deer with velvet antlers and if so, can I keep the antlers?

Answer: Yes, you may harvest a deer with antlers in velvet during the open season if you have a valid tag for that type of deer (buck vs. antlerless). However, in order to keep the antlers you must contact a warden within 7 days of tagging the deer and request written authorization allowing you to keep the antlers. You may call the Customer Service line at 1-888-936-7463 to get the name and phone number for your local warden. This information can be found on page 30 of the deer regulations. If you do not want to keep the velvet antlers, you can dispose of them within 7days in a proper manner along with the other unwanted parts of the carcass without needing to contact a warden.

11-Jul-20
LOL

12-Jul-20
Thanks buck watcher! Makes complete sense now!

13-Jul-20
Pretty simple go to Wy or Utah,, I have 3 do not know the attraction,, had it 15 years ago, I have no reason why I did... some dust collectrs, but they all ate good

01-Oct-20

dissertation_help's Link
Get Dissertation Review by an experts. Boston Dissertation Help provide dissertation review and correction services in Massachusetts which help to rectify all the errors and get it corrected by our expert editors. Request a Quote now https://www.bostondissertationhelp.com/request-quote.php It's Free and Faster.

01-Oct-20
Does one need to call Wis officials when bringing a velvet antlered deer into the state from another state? Since it appears the state of Wis wants to monitor velvet buck possession. Some western states allow hunting a full month before any Wi deer season starts. A person could have a velvet buck in Their possession the end of August . According to the posting above one needs to contact a game warden to validate any velvet buck in possession .

• Sitka Gear