Robinhood303 18-Aug-10
Cowboy in Colorado 18-Aug-10
coelkhunter1 20-Aug-10
ColoradoScouter 21-Aug-10
ColoradoScouter 21-Aug-10
tompolaris 21-Aug-10
huntingbob 21-Aug-10
18-Aug-10
i'm from back east where in most places we can't pack a handgun while bow hunting. I've always assumed you can out west because there are things that are bigger and meaner than we are. But i cant find anything specifically talking about it in the CO regs(at least in the ones I'm looking at). So I'm just making sure it is legal. I would hate to get a ticket on my first DIY hunt. thanks

18-Aug-10
if you're hunting in CO, there's nothing bigger and meaner here than anywhere else except the grizz, and they haven't been documented in this state. IMO you can kill anything with your bow that you would your handgun.

18-Aug-10
I believe it says in the regs book that while hunting you can carry a sidearm with a minimum of 4" barrel to protect yourself.

18-Aug-10
didn't want a debate on whether i needed to carry one. just if it was legal. thanks shagger

18-Aug-10
IT'S LEGAL!!!! End of subject!

18-Aug-10
This is what I got from the DOW

Hello Donald,Generally a person is allowed to carry (not concealed) a sidearm while on public lands within Colorado including during a hunting season. There are exceptions for persons convicted of a felony to be in possession of any firearm. During hunting seasons, if a person is hunting, there maybe additional specific requirements to the caliber of the firearm if itis being used to hunt. If the firearm is a sidearm and is carried for personal protection during a hunting season, there are no restrictions and during hunting seasons, firearms may be carried under clothing as the concealed carry laws exempt persons who carry during and participatein a hunting season.

Sandra DorffeldCustomer Service RepresentativeColorado Division of Wildlife6060 BroadwayDenver Co 80216303-291-7581

18-Aug-10
Well, I'm pretty sure that Sandra replied to another thread I posted on, on the same issue, about a week ago, and confirmed what I'd posted there...

There are two times you can carry a concealed weapon in colorado without a CCW permit - one is in a personally owned vehicle, the other is while lawfully hunting. No barrel length restricions.

20-Aug-10
As a former Law Enforcement Officer in Colorado, the state is open carry...completely legal.

21-Aug-10

21-Aug-10
I saw that same post from S.D. on thecoloradohunter.com FAQs page.

21-Aug-10
How about non residents--- connecticut?

21-Aug-10
Doesn't matter. Did you read the original post?

• Sitka Gear