St. Croix 12-Nov-10
Dwayne 13-Nov-10
Cheetah8799 16-Nov-10
Dwayne 17-Nov-10
Bambi 22-Aug-13
Taxidermy 21-Oct-20
jjs 25-Oct-20
10-Nov-10
If you are thinking about using County line taxidermy in the Rush City area BEWARE! that guy is Shady to say the least, wont call you back, EVER, and is now threatening other taxidermists in the area for stealing his work. I can speak from personal experience I went there and was burned.

11-Nov-10
Weird, I had 2 Bears done last year & a buddy had a deer shoulder done with no problem? Bruce always called back..

11-Nov-10
I found this on another site but it fits!!! Investigators: Hunting Down Their Bear Published : Sunday, 13 Dec 2009, 9:17 PM CST

MINNEAPOLIS - A family is trying to fulfill the dying wish of a 16-year-old girl. A girl from Mora, who loved to hunt. They asked law enforcement and the DNR. for help, but it took the FOX 9 Investigators to get what they desperately wanted.

Megan Engblom jumped for joy when she got her bear. It’s a moment her family will remember and will never see her do again. She died November 8, 2007.

It's tough for mom Tina to talk about her girl without tears. This is a close family that includes dad Dave and sister Sheila. They are big hunters and animal lovers.

Megan was just thirteen when she developed leukemia. During her battle she had a wish. More than anything she wanted to go bear hunting. In the fall of 2007, she was in remission so with the help of a non-profit called Kippenberg Creek Kids and Northern Wisconsin Outfitters, Megan went bear hunting. “I think it was God's way to give her the two things she wanted for years was to go to Montana and go on that bear hunt because as soon as the bear hunt was over our world changed.” Megan’s mom said.

Megan she left behind a bear pelt she wanted made into a rug for her bed. The family took it to County Line Taxidermy in Rush City, the eight hundred and twenty dollars was paid in full.

The Engbloms said the owner promised the rug would be ready by May first of 2008.

“I started calling him in May, and he was not answering his phone. The second week of June he finally answered and said I've got it back from the tanners and all I have to do is sew the backing on it. Give me a call in 3 or 4 weeks.” Tina said.

The family says they have been calling ever since. Month after month, they heard nothing but excuses. They went to County Line Taxidermy in person but owner Bruce Jovan would not answer the door for them. They tried law enforcement and the DNR but did not get their pelt back.

The parents know what Megan would do.

“She'd be down there and not leave until she got it.” Her mom said.

So the FOX 9 Investigators went to County Line Taxidermy. We didn't get an answer at the door either. But Jovan did take a call from our producer:

“We're doing a story with the Englbom family whose daughter died of leukemia. They would like their pelt back. “

Jovan agreed to come to his business and give the Engblom's their pelt back. After more than two years of waiting and listening to excuses they walked out with a frozen bear pelt in exactly the same condition as they’d dropped it off. No work had been done. Absolutely nothing.

“This is our bear that we got promised to get done at the County Line Taxidermy, we dropped it off 2 and a half years ago. It's still in the bag.”

Jovan did return the $800. He told us his wife had cancer and he was sorry. But the FOX 9 Investigators found a number of people have taken Jovan to conciliation court over the years. One guy told us he gave Jovan $500 as a down payment for work on a bear rug and elk horns. He's been trying to get his money back for 8 years. The story he says he got? Jovan himself was sick with cancer.

There is one bit of good news. A group of taxidermists has volunteered to turn the bear pelt into a rug for free.

11-Nov-10
what a real piece of s**t

12-Nov-10
What's up with the some of the taxidermists up in that neck of the woods? Seems like everytime a story pops up like this that it's generally in that Chisago/Pine County area. I remember a few years back it was Walton's Wildlife Studio in Harris that burned so many guys waiting on mounts.

I feel bad that the poor young lady died before seeing her bear-rug completed, but two thumbs up for the group volunteering to finish it in her memory!

13-Nov-10
It is a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau before doing business with companies in any state. Not all companies are listed but it only takes a few minutes to check. In MN the BBB link is: http://minnesota.bbb.org/

County Line Taxidermy has a BBB rating of F on a scale that ranges from F to A+

Dwayne

16-Nov-10

Cheetah8799's Link
The BBB is as corrupt as this taxidermist. It's been all over the news this week, I linked a quick article about it that I googled up.

17-Nov-10
That is great, the watchers are a bad as the watched! I don't use their info as absolute but I do like to see if there are complaints about a business; especially unresolved ones!

Thanks for the info.

Dwayne

22-Aug-13
FYI - County Line Taxidermy is not considered Rush City. They are actually in Pine County. My husband is a taxidermist in Rush City next to the public launch on East Rush. We have had several people call our business asking for their mounts, which they had left with County Line. He, for some reason and I'm sure you can figure it out, does not advertise his number so people are looking up a taxidermist in Rush City and they get our number, even though it does not say County Line. This is actually causing a big problem for my husband's business as most are thinking he is the taxidermist you are all talking about.

21-Oct-20
Another FYI, County Line Taxidermy changed their name to Rackem & Stackem

25-Oct-20
Have a close friend that been a taxidermist for 37 yrs in Ia. and he has dealt with this problem over the years from so-called taxidermist, as in any business check their history out first.

He has been getting burn from customers not picking there mounts up, he sent 3 letters out to one for a bear rug and the final one that it will got to the auction site then he got the call and the check for the rug. He had $13000 sitting in his shop to be collected. He tells his customers that his work is a luxury item and to factor it in on their budget to have it done, his business is valuable to him just as any business transaction.

• Sitka Gear