maya 24-Jan-11
Rob in VT 19-Mar-11
Rob in VT 26-Mar-11
Blackbear 29-Apr-11
Rob in VT 29-Apr-11
13-Jan-11

maya's embedded Photo
maya's embedded Photo
Guys, again this year I will have some apples fore sale that will be great for your habitat improvements. Rob is also going to be selling the same apples from his place in the Montpeier area, I am in Rutland Co.. The trees we have this year are Liberty and Galarina. Both are resistant to fire blight and apple scab and liberty also has some good resistance to ceder apple rust. They will both put out some near full sized trees around 18-20'. Excellent for deer. They are bare root trees that are roughly the size of trees pictured here, about 5-6' high, 5/8ths to 3/4 caliper. The price is $75 for 5 trees. They should be in around the 20th of April. For more info or to order contact us through the bowsite e-mail system. Feel free to ask serious questions pertaining to these trees on this thread. This is a debate free thread as I don't want to hear any snide comments please!

I think appleman may have some trees for sale in the Franklin area, right appleman? Post here if you do!

13-Jan-11
How long till they bear fruit?

13-Jan-11

maya's embedded Photo
maya's embedded Photo
You'll start to see some in a couple years but you don't want to let them have many the first 4 years or so until the tree grows a good frame and root system and is well anchored. 5th year or so I get get quite a few apples and let the tree grow them. It's still good to thin the apples to one every 5 -6" apart so you don't weight branches down to much, you also will not have boom and bust years by thinning.

These trees were on there third leaf and were thinned to only a couple apples....for a couple pies!

13-Jan-11

vtappleman's embedded Photo
Maya, I have an assortment of trees still available for spring planting 2011. They make up my top 5 favorites for wildlife. The trees are 7/8 inch diameter and 6 to 7 feet tall. Price 14.50 each. Will be available for pickup around April 20th thru May 1st.

13-Jan-11
Maya the trees I got from you last April are doing good.

13-Jan-11
Good to hear bucktail!

Appleman, what are you planting for yourself? I'm starting a strand of tall spindle Royal Courts on B9. Just a real small strand of 40 trees. For habitat work I'm planting some Dolgo and Siberian Crabs.

13-Jan-11

Maya, Planting honeycrisp, liberty and Frostbite added to my commercial orchard. Have ordered a new $2K cider press to keep up with demand in my store. For my habitat work, I will be planting Enterprise, Jonafree, Snowsweet, and Frostbite.

14-Jan-11
Nice! What did you have for a press? I'm going to look into one next year. This should be my first real year w/ sales from my commercial orchard! Just going to do a roadside stand and later a u-pic. I had a nice new road put in out to the orchard outback, but I want to let the trees get a little bigger before letting people pic there own.

I'm going to add some Fuji next year on another trellis.

23-Jan-11
Do you still have trees available? I live in Richmond and would be interested in five liberty trees. Thanks

23-Jan-11
Finch,I'm not sure if you are addressing me or Maya. I do have some 7/8 inch caliper Liberty's available @ 14.50 each. I am located in Franklin. Trees will be here 3rd week of April for pick-up. I do have several other kinds available but inventory is getting tight.

24-Jan-11
Finch, I'm in Florence, Rob is in Plainfield and Appleman is in Franklin. PM whoever might be the closest for you.

19-Mar-11
I still have about 20 trees left if anyone is interested. I'm in Plainfield and pick up will be April 24th. The trees are Liberty and Galarina.

Thanks, Rob

26-Mar-11
10 trees left . . .

29-Apr-11
Rob,

Are all of your trees for sale gone ?

29-Apr-11
Hey Blackbear,

Yeah they are all sold out. Sorry.

• Sitka Gear