stillhunter 25-Aug-18
stillhunter 25-Aug-18
stillhunter 25-Aug-18
Bowhunter* 26-Aug-18
bowjoe 28-Aug-18
05-Aug-11

Bowhunter*'s embedded Photo
Bowhunter*'s embedded Photo
Yesterday we lost a dear friend and an avid bowhunter that many of us looked up to. Jeff Lampe passed away yesterday morning while jogging near his home. Jeff was very active in the CBA--was an area rep, Board Member for many years, and was a recipient the CBA's Bowhunter of Year award. he was also very active in the Big Thompson Bowhunters and numerous other archery/bowhunting related entities.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He will be deeply missed in the bowhunting community!!!

05-Aug-11
I heard this last night and didn't sleep. He was one of the good ones, way too young to leave us. Maybe God needs more good ones up there with him.

He will be missed......

:~(

05-Aug-11
very sad news... one of the good ones for sure

05-Aug-11
Wow. Really sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

05-Aug-11
Very sad. Jeff was a real asset to bowhunting in Colorado and a true sportsman.

05-Aug-11
What a loss not only to bow hunters,but the entire world. Our prayers are with all who will miss him very much.

05-Aug-11

robinhood's embedded Photo
robinhood's embedded Photo
We will miss you my friend.

05-Aug-11

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Hasn't fully sunk in yet. He was a go getter and will be deeply missed.

05-Aug-11
"To everything there is a season, & a time for every purpose under Heaven"

Farewell Jeff.We will miss you.

06-Aug-11
he was an inspiration to many, a friend to all.

06-Aug-11
Prayers out to his family.

06-Aug-11
The services for Jeff Lampe have been decided:

Viewing- tuesday, 3 pm - 7 pm at Kibbey- Fishburn Funeral Home 1102 Lincoln Ave. in Loveland

Funeral- weds., 10:30 am at Zion Lutheran Church 815 East 16th street in Loveland

Flowers can be sent to Kibbey Funeral Home (address listed above). Cards and donations can be sent to Jeff's mother, Yvonne Lampe 1051 Milner Drive Loveland, CO 80537

08-Aug-11
Wow, Jeff was a long time CBA advocate and a great hunter! He will be missed deeply! My prayers for his friends and family!

08-Aug-11
This sucks. I liked the heck out of Jeff, he was a good guy.

08-Aug-11
This sucks. I liked the heck out of Jeff, he was a good guy.

08-Aug-11
I have been bothered by this since reading about it last week. Jeff was a great guy and he will be missed.

Are there anymore details around his death? He was jogging, did he simply have a medical episode, was he hit by a car, what happened?

Ramhunter

08-Aug-11
I'm with Todd... the news kinda sticks in the back of your mind and just doesn't rest easy. Definitely unexpected and sad. Does anyone know what happened?

Chris

08-Aug-11
OK, I'll fill in some of the blank spots.

Our local club, the Big Thompson Bowhunters, shoots every Thurs night out at our range. Last Thurs, the 4th, was to be the last go-around this summer. Lampe usually shows up, but was not there early in the evening. About 6:30, one of his close friends, Stephan, says he had been trying to call Lampe all day, no response. No one is too alarmed just yet. Another call was made a few minutes later, we find out he was to host a dinner/pizza party at 6. People were at his home waiting, no Lampe. Both vehicles in the drive, cell phone on the counter. Now we are worried. At 7, Stephan and Frank decide to drive to Lampe's house, new home just west of Windsor. I tell Frank, keep me informed, good news or bad news.

At approx 8, Frank calls back. Says they just learned a body had been laying in the morgue since early morn. No ID. Body recovered on a jogging trail near the Poudre River, a short distance from his home. Doesn't look good. 10 minutes later, Frank says the assist. coroner is on his way to the house with photos to compare. Another 10 minutes, coroner makes positive ID. Now about 8:30, just as the last of us are leaving the range.

Doctor Pat Allen is our club Treasurer and a very active member of the club. He is also the Larimer Cty Coroner. Fri morn, Doc Allen calls me, gives me a few details......He was found about 7 am, Thurs morn, on a county road near the river, simultaneously by a passerby and a deputy sheriff. Question....medical prob or whacked by a vehicle?? Still breathing, but unconscious. (I think that is what he said, I wasn't taking notes.) Quickly transported to the hospital (ambulance or helicopter??) but was pretty much gone by the time he got there. According to the autopsy, he had a greatly enlarged heart and severe clogged arteries. Also, he had a couple major arteries which were much smaller in diameter than normal. (Born that way?) All in all, not a good combination.

Jeff could have been the poster boy for good health. He regularly went to the gym and jogged several times a week. A few weeks ago, he ran a half marathon. And, he recently had a stress test. Passed OK. His mother did tell me that his family had a long history of heart problems, and Jeff was aware of this.

I could go on and on about what this guy has done for the CBA, our local club, the whole bowhunting community. Not enough space on the world-wide web to list all the good things Jeff Lampe had been involved in, all the individuals he called "friend." Big hole in my own heart right now.

The funeral is at 10:30 Wed morn, Zion Lutheran Church, Loveland. I expect a bunch of people. If you don't want to be sitting on a folding chair in the back room somewhere, listening to the service over the intercom, I would suggest you be there early.

Hansen

08-Aug-11
Dennis,

Thank you for filling in the blanks. I understand how difficult it is to talk about things while greiving. This has really impacted me too and I'm so sorry for the loss Jeff's immediate family is experiencing and his extended BTB and CBA family.

Todd

09-Aug-11
Dennis, thanks for the phone call the day this happen. Tricia and I had left the state that same day and we just returned this evening. I received the email concerning Jeff's passing. I will see you all at the funeral.

Life is fragile for sure. Paul

09-Aug-11

highspirals's embedded Photo
highspirals's embedded Photo
I don't really even know what to say. Jeff's absence is a great loss to myself and my family. He was a true friend and hunting partner. I'm just thankful that I had the opportunity to spend as much time as I did with him. I am thankful for that.

Here is one of the mule deer that he took on my place in Kansas. It will forever hang in my hunting room.

Deone

09-Aug-11
Thanks Dennis, I am truely sorry for your loss! Jeff certanly touched allot of people! Too Damn young! But allot of life was lived in a short time!

09-Aug-11
Myself, Paul, Emily all want to give our heart felt sympathy to family and friends on the tragedy. We loved Jeff and was shocked to here the news. Jeff was to be the main speaker at Paul and Em's wedding on this Saturday last. what a great heckler ( when shooting) and friend we all have lost. Makes my inner soul chill at the shock of it all . Jeff we will see ya in Paradise one day..

With our deepest sympathy THE CLELAND FAMILY

09-Aug-11
A friend told me he had also lost a friend too early in life, but then he told me.

"Not really a loss. He is just up in heaven scouting for our next big adventure together."

Paul

09-Aug-11
My sympathies to ALL of the folks Jeff touched. He will be remembered and honored. Bwhntr

09-Aug-11
this is way sad news. It is possible that Jeff being in good shape kept him with us longer than he could have been. rejoice in his life and his accomplishments. He was a good one for sure.

13-Aug-11
“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”

Dr. Seuss

14-Aug-11
What a great smile to remember Jeff by. Prayers for his family and friends. Brew

24-Aug-18
I know this is an old thread. I grew up with Jeff, he was my cousin. I spent many hours in the woods with Jeff and many hours in the gym. I haven't been out for archery season in a few years, and this year i'm back to it. I think of Jeff everytime I even see a bow. Jeff was the Son that drove his Dad crazy when we were younger because he would stay out in the woods past dark deep in the timber chasing animals. He covered more territory than most i'm sure. He's still an inspiration to me. Anytime someone mentions a big animal shot with a bow i think of Jeff. I'm going to him crap when i see him next because i've made it 5 more years so far than he did...I'm blessed to have know him and to have grown up in Colorado hunting and fishing and really experiencing the outdoors.

Shoot strait this season and remember its not the kill its the hunt that is really the experience we live for.

Joe Marceca Jr.

24-Aug-18
I was just talking about Jeff with someone on Wednesday...

24-Aug-18
Shoot straight and fart downwind, that lampe quote has stuck.

25-Aug-18

stillhunter's embedded Photo
Jeff a good friend
Jeff a good friend
A few more memories....

25-Aug-18

One of Jeff's bulls
One of Jeff's bulls
I have a couple more...

25-Aug-18

Muley
Muley
Mule deer

25-Aug-18

Whitetail.
Whitetail.
Last one.

25-Aug-18

Whitetail.
Whitetail.
Last one.

26-Aug-18
As each year passes, we lose more and more of the good ones. Makes me sad.

28-Aug-18
Jerry, thanks for posting the pics. Good to see Jeff in those pics. I'm heading up to the Flat tops area this week where my Dad took me growing up. It will just be great to be out in the woods with my Son.

• Sitka Gear