Mathews Inc.
WHEN IS THE PEAK OF THE RUT IN NORTH FL?
Florida
Contributors to this thread:
meangreene191 12-Oct-11
itshot 12-Oct-11
xxkilla 12-Oct-11
meangreene191 13-Oct-11
brewski 28-Oct-11
TBowhunter2 11-Jan-12
RickD 20-Jan-12
frogdipper 23-Dec-13
12-Oct-11
PLEASE ANSWER THIS IF YOU CAN I LIVE IN JACKSONVILLE.

12-Oct-11

itshot's Link
here's what the data says, may not be exact but is a start

pretty wide range from east to west, but looks like Jville is now

good luck

12-Oct-11
Good info itshot thats about the only real data I have ever seen. db

13-Oct-11
THANK YOU SIR!!! BUCK BOMB WILL GO OFF SAT MORNING!!

TYLER GREENE

28-Oct-11
I have to really question that link provided,,, How can a couple of counties have the rut in Oct, and one county over it's 4 months later? Am I reading this correctly?

11-Jan-12
It will vary dependeing on where you live. For example, in Lafayete county, the rut is in mid-late october, although some places the rut is in january, like in Alabama.

20-Jan-12
In Tallahassee and the surrounding areas to include Leon, Jefferson, Madison, Gadsden counties, we are BAFFLED this year.

Our area normally has the first rut in mid to late November, however we have had some weird weather here this year which I think is throwing it off.

Depending on who you talk to, it has already passed, while some say it is just now hitting here.

I guess we'll see when the fawns start dropping. From what I understand, the gestation period of a whitetail is 200 days.

Keep sharing your own observations.

Rick

23-Dec-13
On the property we have been hunting for the past 25 years, about 5 miles east of Chatahoochee, in Gadsden County, its the three weeks following X-mas. This is based on observations of rutting activity, specifically mature bucks showing up and chasing does everywhere that we consistently see a lot of does.

As for this year, we have seen no evidence of the rut getting started. This is also true on the north side of Tallahassee where I live and typically see deer regularly. When the rut gets underway in my neighborhood big bucks will show up most anywhere, following the does around.

I remember reading that wildlife biologists have determined the timing of the rut is based upon the length of the day, and has nothing to do with weather. I don't know that this is true, just thought it was worth mentioning.

• Sitka Gear