Sean98 18-Mar-12
Fuqcabelas 03-May-20
Fuqcabelas 03-May-20
writer 03-May-20
CJE 03-May-20
crestedbutte 03-May-20
CJE 04-May-20
18-Mar-12
Made a purchase at Cabelas today and when i got home i noticed that they charged me 8.5% tax. while everything else here in Wichita is 7.3% tax. When i called they told me they were charging 7.3% city tax and 1.2% state tax, I find this kind of odd, is this some kind of new thing or is everything being taxed this way now?

18-Mar-12
Taxes are out of hand. Decatur County charged me $600 property tax on my $9000 boat. My taxes went up $130 in 2012 on a boat that depreciated. Would have saved $200 if I lived in Johnson county. Its hard to believe that a county in northwest Kansas has one of the top 10 highest tax rates in the state.

18-Mar-12
It was an incentive of some sort. Something about the city/state funding some of the construction in return for a period of higher tax. It's fairly common.

18-Mar-12
But I think the city is the 1.2 and the state is 7.3

18-Mar-12
My understanding was the 1.2% was funding for adding another exit from Hwy 96. Currently you can not exit off of Hwy 96 if you are west bound. You have to exit at the 21st St. exit.

18-Mar-12
yeah,.. they get to charge you more in taxes while also recieving tax breaks and incentives for coming to Wichita, just like Gander. the consumer gets to pay them whether or not they ever step foot in their door.

18-Mar-12
You may not want to come here ,ours is 9.8 here

plus we still have the ridiculous property taxes I

could buy my boat every 7 years for the amount I pay

in property taxes.

18-Mar-12
Cabela's got permission for a Community Improvement District (CID) which allows them to charge an additional 1.2% sales tax to pay for infrastructure improvements.

03-May-20

03-May-20

Fuqcabelas's embedded Photo
Cheaper on Amazon no extra taxes either so more savings will stop shopping there now
Fuqcabelas's embedded Photo
Cheaper on Amazon no extra taxes either so more savings will stop shopping there now
Funny how we pay for this exit and they enjoy all the unnecessary perks but can't get ramps for 13th and 235 where traffic is actually a problem all so they make sure you don't miss seeing the big store and say f it I'm not turning around for that store. Apparently they can't get customers to find there store worth turning around. Also bait and switch items saying in stock and not and never change numbers even a week later. Anything to get you in the door. Bet they have to clean a lot of urine off the floors and walls

03-May-20
A few got it right.

03-May-20
Last time I checked you could exit off of westbound K-96 at greenwhich then just head south right into Cabelas.

03-May-20
CJE.....Bowbenders comment and the majority above are from 8 yrs ago....hence the 2012 date. Might not of been a West bound exit then but there sure is now and has been for quite awhile.

Not sure what Jenny's beef is all about by digging up a post that is over 8 yrs old but if anyone wants to follow-up with her about it...Jenny's # is 867-5309.

04-May-20
hahaha just saw that, guess I should of looked at the date! I had to think about it for a second but I cant remember a time when there wasn't that exit there.

• Sitka Gear