Bloodtrail 22-May-12
Knife2sharp 23-May-12
Nick Muche 28-May-12
Bloodtrail 28-May-12
Nick Muche 29-May-12
Bloodtrail 29-May-12
Beardedturkey 29-Mar-21
11-May-12
Hey Fellas, I arrowed a jake in the 3rd season so I purchased a 5th season tag. I bought the new Hale Fire gobble Call thinking this would be the ticket. BUT, I cannot get the call to sound anything like a gobble. I sound more like a wounded elephant/duck combo...Any of you used this yet? What is the secret. On their website they make it sound AWESOME! It looks easy enough until I got it...

11-May-12
Like riding a bike jaypee, no one gets it the first time. Well maybe Mike the Cheesehead.... :^)

I have spent literally hours working that call. I am now were I want to be with it and have been using it in the field.

Second period I finally used it on 3 hung up toms...I figuered I had nothing to lose...they each had an anchor hanging off their butts! Soooooo......

I let loose with three gobbles to release the green monster...jelousy!

The birds gobbled back and I went silent! I supposed it was about 10 minutes later, I hit the slate and they gobbled a mere 25 yards away in the woods. Minutes later I was drawing on the lead Tom...and that...is another story!

Today I had two hens in the deaks and I figured I would have some fun and let loose with a gobble...they lifted their heads and looked at my strutter and went about feeding.

Watch You Tube Videos on gobbler calls. I really like the Haint commercial.

They have another gobbler call and it called the "Haint". It's wood and to own one, will cost you 49.99 and the govenors share!

Mixed reviews...everyone had their favorite, but I can and do sound like the callers on the Haint call, so I'll save my money!

Tucka, Tucka, Tuka or Tocka Tocka Tocka...is what they ask ya to do.

When I was a kid we played army and we made the machine gun noise with our mouths and that works just as good for me. Not everyone can do that including my 12 year old son...but they have air soft gun now...we had willow branches!

Practice, practice and then practice some more...it'll come around I would suspect!

Good Luck and Good Hunting!

14-May-12
Thanks Bloodttail!

15-May-12
i had a hard time with that call also, but i finaly got it down.

16-May-12
I think that I'm going to look into one of these calls, I just hate all the movement with a shake gobble call and box calls. You really have to be careful when you use them and can't get away with it when you want. If they are far enough out, the shake ones are great but when they are hung up in sight they are useless unless you are in a blind. I don't hunt out of blinds unless I have a new hunter or one of my kids with.

16-May-12
Check out you tube and you can see the vid's. They are buggers to get used to.... but dont let that discourage you!

I know many turkey hunters but have not met one yet that can gobble with any consitancy on a box call. I've tried for years off and on with limited sucess. But who knows, if it works for ladder, maybe it will work for you!

Watch Knight and Hale and then check out the trailer for the Haint call - pricey and from what I have heard not much difference than the Knight and Hale! Sure make a neat commercial!

5 R's ya dont hunt out of a blind? I'm addicted to em! I fear my days of running and gunnin' are behind me.... :^)

Good luck!

17-May-12
If you are pretty good on a diaphram call, gobbling with a diaphram is really quite easy to do. It sounds great and natural. You can change how you call from a mature gobble to a jake gobble. No movement and when hunting I usually always have one in my mouth ready to use.

17-May-12
Bloodtrtail-

No I don't, I can't stand hunting out of them. I would rather have my back against a tree.

Sharpspur-

I can gobble with my diaphragm calls I just can't get them to sound how I want them to, especially this year, for some reason I can't get them to seat in my mouth very good. They are the same type and brand I've used for years, there is just something different with them.

19-May-12
I have the haint model,the fella at the wi deer n turkey expo asked what was wrong with my hand, and when i told him i had als he gave me a special edition call that was numbered 1 out of 500.i was floored by his generosity.

19-May-12
I have the haint model,the fella at the wi deer n turkey expo asked what was wrong with my hand, and when i told him i had als he gave me a special edition call that was numbered 1 out of 500.i was floored by his generosity.

19-May-12
From what I have heard...the people at "Haint" are very good, helpful folks! Case in point here for Camo - good for you!!

22-May-12
I have both the Haint and Hale Fire. It took some time for me to master the Haint and got the HF out of curiousity to see if it would be easier. Actually blowing the HF like the Haint makes it sound better, but the Haint sounds much better. BTW, I went all out and got the laminated one and ended up with 1 out of 150.

22-May-12
Cool Knife@sharp!

Ya got me thinking however...can a knife really be "too sharp"?

Thanks for the update, sounds like ya scored BIG time with the Haint!!!

23-May-12
Yes, I have the scars to prove it.

28-May-12

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
We used the Squealing hen on these Toms a few weeks ago :) Came in like gang busters.

I also like their acorn cruncher call for deer. And the call that sounds like a feeder going off for pigs. lmao

28-May-12
If your attempting to place either the Hale call or Haint call with the likes of the squeling hen and acorn cruncher, your barking up the wrong tree Nick!

Both those calls are clearly gimmicks and used to boost sagging sales.

I own the Hale and I have read enough reviews on the Haint -

I know the Hale works as it was clearly responsible for moving three hung up toms into 12 yards for a bow shot.

Like everything else, it doesnt work everytime, but when it does it makes the difference up between tag filled and tag soup!

Or, you could just use 100 dollar apiece decoys to lure them in! :^)

It's all were you want to spend your $$$.

Shoot straight!

29-May-12
"Or, you could just use 100 dollar apiece decoys to lure them in! :^)"

We used 7 of them, LOL... It was pretty cool to see how the birds re-acted to them.

I like using a gobble call, I was just trying to make a joke. That's all... There are so many "gimmick" calls and other useless items on the market these days it's downright hilarious.

29-May-12
Nick -

Seven!!!! I'd have to get another part time job and talk real sweet to the wife for at least 5 months to pull that one off. Ya gotta be a single!

Your right about the gimmick calls, a tad upsetting to see good companies try and "market" what is obviously garbage to hunters.

Hilarious on one hand, down right sad on the other as guys spend hard earned cash on that junk. Not only that but the high hopes it generates only to find out down the road it's trash!

All about the $$.

Best of luck!

29-Mar-21

Beardedturkey's embedded Photo
Haint laminate call
Beardedturkey's embedded Photo
Haint laminate call
Searching for and WTB the laminate limited edition Haint gobble call, by Down-N'-Dirty . Thanks, Mark

• Sitka Gear