ladd 20-Jun-12
Mt. man 20-Jun-12
hdk82 29-May-13
Eric B. 30-May-13
ladd 26-Sep-13
cityhunter 19-Mar-15
Eric B. 24-Mar-15
12-Jun-12
Curious if anyone help me out with knowledge about 12-5. i drew a tag and i am starting to research. thanks

12-Jun-12
Curious if anyone help me out with knowledge about 12-5. i drew a tag and i am starting to research. thanks

12-Jun-12
Shouldn't that be done before you have the tag? LOL

Just kidding, I am sure someone will help you out.

13-Jun-12
I believe Lilly Lake is part of this hunt unit. Start there.

14-Jun-12
Man, looking at the harvest stats from last year, there were 4 tags with only one harvest! Put in some work and I am sure you will get one. Best of luck!!

18-Jun-12
waiting on harvest records from FG. Not sure about Lilly Lake. Walton, Hoodo, Duck, Hidden, Big Sand, Colt, and Corky Lake. All exist in that unit. Does anyone know what kind of elk or deer that area produces?

18-Jun-12
I had the same tag in the early 80's (long time ago). All the biologist's we talked to said to go to Lilly lake. All 4 tags were there opening morning but within 2 days 3 tags were filled. Saw over 30 moose in 3 days. As the rut gets going the bulls will go to the cows and there were a bunch of them there.

AS far as elk do a search on Lolo Zone elk. Pretty tough elk hunting.

19-Jun-12
ridge, thanks. i have called the officer in Powell. Starting researching area on google earth over the weekend just have not come across Lilly Lake but it might one of the lakes on google that is not named. When you saw tough elk hunting what do you mean? tough terrain, not many elk, or other? I am planning on hunting the last week of Sept and 1st to 2nd week in October, but i thought about getting a elk and deer tag and heading up to scout and hunt the first week of September. Did you use horses and mules or just backpack?

19-Jun-12
Tough elk hunting in that not many elk anymore. A few bad winters since 96' and lots of wolves mean few elk. We actually camped near the lake which is just off the road and only had to pack the moose a few hundred yard to an old logging road. Lilly lake is just off the MT border on the east side of the road. It is named on the maps I've looked at. Let me know if you can't find it on G. Earth and I'll try to send you a screen shot.

19-Jun-12
Ladd,

Lilly Lake IS NOT in your moose hunt area, it is in moose hunt area 12-2.

19-Jun-12
Thanks Mike, wasn't sure, hard to tell from the F&G maps and didn't take the time to look on a real map.

20-Jun-12
hi Mike. I have gotten familiar with the area now. Long drive to Galveston over the weekend so as gf drove I played. I will try to call you back so we can discuss it more. Thanks a million.

Ridge. thank you too. I was just thinking of getting an OTC deer and elk and go scout/hunt first week of September. Before heading back the end of Sept/1st of October.

20-Jun-12
LADD, If you do not have a Deer/Elk tag in your pocket the odds will go up substantially that you will see DEER & ELK....LOL.

One thing about a NR Deer tag that you may not know is that it is good for several critters. Deer, Bear, Mt. Lion and I think they added wolf to that as well. So s Deer tag is a great investment.

29-May-13
Same boat as Ladd was last year. I drew the 12-4 (last years 12-5) moose tag. Any info would be appreciated, I live fairly close and am just waiting for the snowpack to melt. Maps all over my house already :)

30-May-13
Congrats ! But what happened on Ladd's hunt ?

26-Sep-13
hdk82: how is the scouting or hunt going?

19-Mar-15
any word yet !!!!

24-Mar-15
Geeze ya suppose they're still out hunting ?

• Sitka Gear