gobbler 22-Oct-12
Skip 24-Oct-12
Bowhunter0132 24-Oct-12
Keefers 29-Oct-12
Habby 29-Dec-12
guidermd 02-Mar-13
bowbender1967 26-Apr-21
21-Oct-12
I have a question. I live in WV. My brother,who lived in Maryland died last year. He had a legally harvested and scored Boone and Crockett buck from southern Maryland. (172 I think) . His wife dosen't want it. Can mounted deer be legally sold in Maryland?

Thanks, in advance

22-Oct-12
I dont see why not. Can you sell them in other States?

22-Oct-12
Most states, but some states have funny laws about selling wildlife parts.

24-Oct-12
You are right- some state prohibit the sale of game animal parts. I think its OK to sell mounted heads in MD- at least I have seen them advertised- but a call to DNR should give you the answer. or call some of the local taxidermists.

24-Oct-12
I have seen several deer heads for sale at "Sam's butcher shop" and my buddy had bought a unclaimed mount from a taxidermist a few years back. I think it's totally legal. Just not legal to sell game MEAT.

29-Oct-12
Just about every week at Foxwell auctions in Cambridge Md. they are auctioned off..To me that's the same as selling and I would think if Buddy could do it then it's o.k....If not then he's breaking the law and doesn't know it or does He?...

29-Dec-12
I was talking to a D.N.R. Oficer last night and ha told me that Npart or parts of a deer can be sold in the state of MD. He also told me that if you have a deer or a bear mount you better have the tag with it that you got when you checked it in, this goes for all antlers that you have collected over the years. I have a few found buck skuls that I came across while in the woods and he said that they are illegel to have unless you call the D.N.R. and have a officer come out and tag it in the place you found it. I asked about sheds and he said it was a grey area???

02-Mar-13
no parts of a deer or mounts are legal to sell in maryland. possession of any deep parts requires a possession tag. i have had to acquire a number of these from dnr in the past. antler lamps, sheds, mounts, etc no legal for sale in maryland, check the law

26-Apr-21

• Sitka Gear