Greybeard 29-Oct-12
Greybeard 29-Oct-12
Brad Gehman 30-Oct-12
falakshar 31-Dec-20
Dale Hajas 31-Dec-20
Bob McArthur 18-Jan-21
horsethief51 18-Jan-21
28-Oct-12
Is it legal to have venison in your freezer after the month of July from previous season?

28-Oct-12
Yes. That has not been a law for probably over 20 years now.

You can pickup a roadkill every month of the year and that is why they got rid of that regulation.

28-Oct-12
Also, with the red tag season beginning Aug 1, someone is hunting deer from Aug 1 to May 1 somewhere in this state.

28-Oct-12
Thanks Brad but don't you need a permit to pick up roadkill or have a special tag or permission for red tag season. Is the law gone or are these ways to prove the venison is legal?

28-Oct-12
What is red tag season? Please explain

28-Oct-12
I believe it's a red tag area not a specific season. Land owners and game commission in agreement to reduce the number of deer on their private property. Was green tag or red tag or even tags for crop damage. Like Brad said maybe not even a law anymore, don't know.

28-Oct-12
Venison in your freezer is legal year round. It has been at least 20 years, probably more 25-30 since that reg was changed.

Whenever they started to allow the picking up of roadkills, that is when it changed.

Red Tag is for landowners that have severe deer problems. The PGC gives the owner tags that they hand out to the public. The seasons generally run from the close of our last late doe season until May 1. Then, it opens again either July 15 or Aug 1, I forget.

Either way, IT IS LEGAL TO HAVE VENISON IN YOUR FREEZER ALL YEAR ROUND.

29-Oct-12
What about hot dogs?

29-Oct-12
It is legal to have venison, in ANY form, in your freezer all year long.

Has been legal for the past 20 years or so.......

29-Oct-12
What about super hot venison italian sausage:)

29-Oct-12
Any form except illegally taken Brad. LOL.

29-Oct-12
Sorry.....Duplicate post.

29-Oct-12
Deja vu!

30-Oct-12
Well Dale, I was assuming they were referring to legally taken venison, but, you are correct, with all the outlaws we have.....

31-Dec-20
nice post i like it

31-Dec-20

Dale Hajas's embedded Photo
Dale Hajas's embedded Photo
Me too! Roll Tide!

18-Jan-21
If the Governor doesn't fully open our economy now... People will do what they have to do to feed their families.

18-Jan-21
I'll be competing with the coyotes for rabbits and squirrels by summer I suppose. LOL. Anybody have any good groundhog recipes?

• Sitka Gear