CaptMike 02-Oct-19
Nocturnal 02-Oct-19
Nocturnal 02-Oct-19
xtroutx 02-Oct-19
bowguy 02-Oct-19
02-Dec-12

GOOSE's embedded Photo
GOOSE's embedded Photo
My name is kyle and i reside in Waukesha county. I am an equipment operator/hand cutter for a logging company. I hunt Waukesha and Jefferson counties and lease a farm in Shawano county with my brother

02-Dec-12

Mike F's embedded Photo
Mike F's embedded Photo
My name is Mike Fuge, I live near Stevens Point, work For Enterprise Systems Group. We have property in Waupaca, Marathon and Iron County. I spend my "off work" time managing the property to the best of my ability to make sure future generations have a place to hunt and game to chase. I am a proud WBH Life Member, QDMA Member, Life Member IWLA.

Like most of us, I have a passion for the outdoors. I have harvested my fair share of deer, bear and other wild game. Now I firmly believe it is my time to teach others this passion and make sure future generations enjoy what I enjoy today. Nothng makes me smile more than seeing the look on a new hunters face bing out in the woods for the first time!

My Motto

I am a Hunter for Life

I will always be a Hunter, It’s not something I do, it is who I am. Hunting is not an escape. It is where I belong, where I am supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and that I will show to others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will Hunt together.

02-Dec-12

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Tom Gaertner with the love of my life.

We're empty-nesters with a couple of Labrador retrievers for kids now.

WBH member, big game, upland bird hunter and fisherman. Love to cook.

Wishing I could be retired...

03-Dec-12

Glassman's embedded Photo
Glassman's embedded Photo
I'm Lance, I live in Rusk County and I am the President and CEO of a Auto Glass Company, (don't roll your eyes) I am also the Janitor. Moved to Rusk County from the Dayton Ohio area in 2000. LOVE LOVE LOVE it up here, Musky fishing lured me up here, Bow Hunting Keeps me up here. Perhaps I will meet ya in the woods or on the water, Or when your Windshield takes out a Turkey or Deer, Look me up.

03-Dec-12

vmthtr's embedded Photo
vmthtr's embedded Photo
Mike from Green Bay. Work for a Toyota forklift dealer as a mobile maint. tech, onsite service and repair. Originally from the U.P. Grew up hunting with my Dad and have passed that onto my son. I fly fish, shoot trap, shoot competitive benchrest, cast bullets, varmint hunt, deer gun hunt and bowhunt.

03-Dec-12
Ron, That intro cracked me up... LOL

03-Dec-12
Ron,

Thanks, I should have expected nothing less!

Mike

03-Dec-12

Browning3's embedded Photo
Browning3's embedded Photo
My name is Jon and I like to piss off PETA! I eat what I kill and I'm pretty fat! I shoot lots of does but let the baby bucks walk. I can hang a treestand 18ft high and be hunting it in 12 minutes 42 seconds.

03-Dec-12
Jon......how did you get your jacket with no white in it?

03-Dec-12

lame crowndip's embedded Photo
lame crowndip's embedded Photo
I'm Dennis Hughes. I'm retired from Law Enforcement. I spent two years with the FBI and thirty with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (Lab). I also have done a fair share of writing. I'm a member of Pope and Young (regular member)and finally broke down and renewed my Wisc. Bowhunters membership. The photo is from Alberta in September and one of these has been on my "bucket list" for a long while.

04-Dec-12
I'm John Poblocki,and yes I still am alive. No longer able to hunt...ughhhhh

08-Dec-12
My name is Zach and I've been spent most of my life being educated by whitetails. I cut my teeth hunting in Northern MN but have bounced around the midwest for work. I'm currenty in Eastern Wisconsin but hunt mostly in the southern portion of the state. I'm seriously addicted to whitetails and seriously amused by people who are in love with the sound of their own voice.

08-Dec-12

Redclub's embedded Photo
Redclub's embedded Photo
Redclub= Ken Dollevoet,71 years old,I hunt 99% of the days big is open,needless to say I am retired.We own/live on a farm in Fremont,its 90 acres with numerous ponds that we dug, We raise labs and I used to train dogs. I worked at a Paper Mill as an Electrical manager. We have a cottage on Poygan and I fish walleyes about 70 days a year or more.All my fishing and most of bowhunting is done alone.

08-Dec-12
By the way thats me in "68" The good old days

08-Dec-12

gross631's embedded Photo
gross631's embedded Photo
I'm Luke, I primarily hunt Dunn and Barron counties. Currently I am in graduate school at the University of Minnesota and will graduate with my doctorate in physical therapy in June of 2014; joined the site last fall and like pretty much everything about it, with the exception of a few things like everyone else. I don't know if I'm more excited to FINALLY be done with school, or finally being able to bowhunt more then just weekends.

09-Dec-12
Redclub that is a really cool picture. I pray that my deer hunting pictures will be that coll in 30 years. Old school. How'd you ever kill deer before scent lock and elimination clothing and sprays?

10-Dec-12
Thanks nice to see or at least talk to you all. I'm ok, my arms and hands are almost useless now ,my left arm is done(no muscle) ,and my right is getting very weak. Not much else to report. Merry Christmas to everyone.

10-Dec-12
Thanks nice to see or at least talk to you all. I'm ok, my arms and hands are almost useless now ,my left arm is done(no muscle) ,and my right is getting very weak. Not much else to report. Merry Christmas to everyone.

11-Dec-12

deerslayer's embedded Photo
deerslayer's embedded Photo
I second R A, maybe some venison or some homemade deer brats once I get to making them? Let us know!

BTW, I'm Clint, originally from Texas, but have lived in WI since 05. I work at Complete Control as a Graphic Designer out of WI Rapids. I live in Rib Mtn. Former sailor/WIARNG soldier and I hope one day to aquire some land to practice QDM and shoot bucks like Brownings.

13-Dec-12

Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
My name is Pat and I hunt Eau Claire, Jackson and sometime Clark County! Been bowhunting since I was 15 and I'm 55 now!

I work in the Circuit Courts as a Court Security Supervisor. I retired after 32 years and as a Patrol Supervisor for our Sheriff's Office. I'm also the PIO and a background investigator. I even occasionally pull a patrol shift now and then!

Both my wife and I are currently hunter saftey instructors.

Beside bowhunting, the little lady and I also do educational programs for schools and conservation clubs as well as civic groups across central Wisconsin on the sport of falconry!

I curently fly two birds, a redtailed hawk and a American Kestrel. The wife is a falconer as well!

That's me with my hunting buddy, son Michael and my girlfriend, "Molly" the hawk. The squirrel remains unnamed and in the freezer! :^)

Over the years I have certianly met some very good/decent and informational people on this site - have sure learned allot!

Happy Holidays to all!

13-Dec-12
Redclub that is a really cool picture. I pray that my deer hunting pictures will be that coll in 30 years. Old school. How'd you ever kill deer before scent lock and elimination clothing and sprays?

No treestands,scopes,Most deer shot on the run. Charlie horses at night? Those were good days, we could hunt anywhere. It was tough to shoot a buck back then but bowhunting was super easy. I still hunt a lot only missed one day of buckhunting this year ANYBODY top that? Redclub (the original RC)

20-Dec-12

notsoslim's embedded Photo
notsoslim's embedded Photo
Hi,My Name is Dave Rueckl,I have been driving a fuel delivery truck for 32 years.The nice part about that is I can start at 4:30 and be done by 2 everyday.That let's me sit in a tree,or fish every afternoon.I hunt Door,and Kewaunee County's. I also like to fish salmon out of Algoma,and kill Crappies up at our cottage in Arbor Vitae.

21-Dec-12
BT those are some cool pics!! Maybe you will be the first to bird hunt wolves? You would look good in a big Mongolian hat!

22-Dec-12

Love2huntdeer2's embedded Photo
Love2huntdeer2's embedded Photo
I am Travis, Police Officer working for municipality on Dane County (10yrs). Hunter Safety Instructor for past 8 years. Best joy I have found is hunting with my children at my side. Enjoy hunting with friends and watching them shoot something more than myself.

26-Dec-12

PB in WI's embedded Photo
PB in WI's embedded Photo
Hi, my parents named me PB in WI because I was special. They moved a lot when I was a kid but I always found them. In the self portrait taken on opening weekend I did not have my tree harness attached properly because I was so excited to be out hunting that I got ahead of myself. It was Trapper's fault because he wasn't there to tie my shoes and buckle me in. I can't show you a picture of my bow kill this year because he is still growing (lame excuse I know). There was on the ground for gun season but that's no fun to post here.

I live and hunt in Waupaca County. My job is that of Master and Commander of a very large parts room in a very large manufacturing facility. I would like to go on record as saying that I am abundantly blessed by God in many ways and look forward to this next year.

26-Dec-12

longbow's embedded Photo
longbow's embedded Photo
my name is Austin DeVoss and im 18 years old and have been addicted to hunting ever sense my dad took me out for the first time when I was 4. my dad passed away two years ago in a tragic accident but he's still with me up above. I live and hunt in iowa county. this is a buck i shot in October in 2011

26-Dec-12

Bowtech33's embedded Photo
Bowtech33's embedded Photo
Pat Wolard live for Bowhunting and everything that goes into it. Hunt Marinette County and lucky enough to run into a few good ones every once in awhile. Been going in the woods since my dad would take me. Loved every second of it and still can't get enough. Hoping to start venturing to other states now that I'm graduated with College and have a little more freedom.

Sorry about the pic, best one I had around. I know some of you guys don't like the truck bed photos.

28-Dec-12
Hi I am one of the newbies. Love the site so far. My name is Chris Nehring. I live in Eau Claire and work for UW-Stout. I am also a teaching golf professional in Eau Claire from the day the snow is gone until the day archery season opens. I hunt Burnett and Douglas Counties during the early season and gun season. I then move to Holmen and hunt the late season. I grew up with a bow in my hands and feel uncomfortable and out of place for 9 days of the year.

01-Jan-13

Potter's embedded Photo
Potter's embedded Photo
Hi my name is Chris Potter. I'm a Comtrol Room Operator for a fertilize company called EC Grow in Eau Claire WI. I started hunting in 2008. I went to hunter safety class just planning on gun hunting. Then a buddy at work gave me his old bow and I've been addicted ever since. I shot a little 5 point in '08 with that bow. Then in '09 I went and bought a brand new Hoyt AlphaMax. Then this year on Nov. 4th I got myself a 9 point. I started reading this forum in October and joined instantly. This forum has help me with some questions I have in the field. Thanks for all the awesome posts and pics.

01-Jan-13

Potter's embedded Photo
Potter's embedded Photo
Here's a picture of the mount from my 9 point above.

01-Jan-13

Helgermite's embedded Photo
Helgermite's embedded Photo
Hi, my name is John Helgestad. I'm a project manager at a metal machining & fabricating company in Verona WI. Currently I hunt in Iowa, Jefferson, & Florence counties where I am primarily a meat hunter willing to shoot does for management while letting smaller bucks walk. I've been bowhunting for close to 20 years. I still shoot fingers release and use sight pins without a peep while taking pride in limiting my shots to 25 yds or less. It's the close proximity of the game we hunt along with the unalarmed natural wildlife observations that fuel my love of this sport we call bowhunting. I've been on bowsite a little over a year and find it to be one more way to connect with others who share this passion. I also now take more enjoyment introducing & educating others in all the aspects and details of bowhunting while sharing in their successes.

02-Jan-13
Hi, my name is perry Barnett. I have my own finish carpentry business and reside in Rothschild, wi. I've been bowhunting for 27 years and am still addicted to it! The last 3 years have been spent tutoring my daughter in this greatest of pursuits, and she loves it as much as her old man! She refuses to shoot a deer with a gun until she shoots one with her bow first, gotta admire her for that!

27-Jan-13

StraightShooter's embedded Photo
StraightShooter's embedded Photo
My name is Willard Thomas, I am 26 years old and I live in Arcadia, WI. I work for Buffalo County as a jailer/dispatcher. I hunt for whitetails, turkey, and bear as soon as I can draw a tag. I spend alot of time plating food for the deer and turkeys. I also run alot of cameras (cam trakkers). I am a better turkey hunter than deer hunter, but enjoy deer hunting (with a bow) more. I hope by joining this forum that I can pick up some tips and become a better deer hunter.

28-Jan-13
i think longbow is a pretty darn good high school wrestler also. good luck the rest of the year..

10-Feb-13
hey thanks ScrubBuck.

11-Feb-13

Duke's embedded Photo
Duke's embedded Photo
My name is Luke Weiland. I live in central Wisconsin and share three children with my wife. We are an outdoor family. I enjoy hunting nearly everything across the lower 48, Canada, Mexico, and dream about getting back up to Alaska with a bow in my hand (instead of a pole) someday in the future. Outside of hunting, I enjoy running both recreationally and semi-competitively and shooting all sorts of guns and my bow. For work, I am a principal with four companies and am an attorney.

12-Feb-13
Watch your step there Duke...Wow!!

16-Feb-13

70lbdraw's embedded Photo
70lbdraw's embedded Photo
I'm Bryan Fisher (the one on the left) I'm part owner of a specialty piping company in Sun Prairie. I've been on Bowsite for at least 15 years but have not had much time lately to enjoy bowhunting. Some of you may know me from stirring the pot on the community forum. I'm trying to rebalance my work/hunting time and get back into the woods again, therefore I'm trying to visit this forum more often to help my reconnection with the sport.

06-Apr-13
Would'nt happen to work at Sandhill there Lance would ya?

06-Apr-13

wibuckwatch's embedded Photo
wibuckwatch's embedded Photo
Hello everyone my name is Bradley, I work for the State of Wisconsin and i'm love bowhunting. I was also in the Army Reserves for 8 years(2002-2010) with on tour overseas. I have one son, and live and hunt in Fond du Lac county. I also stray into Sheboygan county on occasion. I don't have a ton to add to the site, but i'm enjoy all the help from everyone I try and help out when, and where I can.

Shoot what makes you happy!

07-Apr-13

GoJakesGo's embedded Photo
GoJakesGo's embedded Photo
Hello, I'm Marcus. I choose the screen name of GoJakesGo because I love hunting with my beagle named Jakes. I work as a Deputy Sheriff in the Central WI area. When I'm not working I take pictures of bucks like this but I tend to only see their baby kids.

I enjoy all types of outdoor activities. I usually hunt in Marathon, Lincoln and Oneida County area. If I'm in the woods I'm often scouting or chasing deer, grouse, rabbits, coyotes or bears.

23-Apr-13

gmarsh's embedded Photo
gmarsh's embedded Photo
Hi my name is George Marsh i'm 77 I was the founder the United Bowhunters of Connecticut in 1990 held many CT. archery titles stopped tournament shooting 4yrs ago I just hunt and fish I am moving to Fremont Wi.to my daughters house on 4/25/13 don't know much about hunting in Wis.hope to meet some fellow archers that might help me know whats open to hunting and get acquainted with other archers

23-Apr-13

Naz MacBook's Link
George, welcome (soon) to Wisconsin! You have a great name for Fremont since that's a walleye wonderland on the Wolf River with spawning in the marshes nearby. Some nice public land for archers in that area. Good site to check for starters is http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/lands.

23-Apr-13
George, you can catch some of the walleye run and the end of the white bass run when you get to Fremont. Waupaca County hunting is great. I am about 20 miles down the road from you. Welcome.

23-Apr-13
I can see i'm going to enjoy living here thanks to Naz Macbook and PB in Wi seems you know your way around THANKS

23-Apr-13
Waupaca Co. is great hunting,Its in the top 10 counties in the country For B-C.. Mostly private land around Fremont and can be hard to find premium land for deer. Otherwise its its a Sportsmans paradise, How do I know? I live in Fremont and shucks while I am old You are even older. Its a great place to live

24-Apr-13

jtek's embedded Photo
jtek's embedded Photo
Jim from Hudson. Grew up on a couple of big farms between Eau Claire and Mondovi. Still happily married to my High School girl friend. Father of 2 and grand father of 4. 54 years young. Engineer at Boston Scientific. Anything with a bow is my passion but time in the woods is all I need to call an outting successful. I have spent much of my life hunting in Buffalo County until lease prices drove me out. Now we own 87 acres in Dunn Cty.

25-Apr-13
Thanks everybody for your input I expect to be in fremont on 5/28/13 I hope to have my computer running within a week .I would appreciate it if anyone would PM me and we can talk

05-May-13
Here I am in Tustin Wi. went fishing in the wolf caught some white bass would like to meet some bowhunters so we can swap stories please PM me

26-May-13
Hi George! Browsing this site and saw a familiar name. Congrats, you moved to a beautiful state. My son lives in Kenosha and I'll be bowhunting there this fall. Good Luck Jim Stowe Harwinton Rod & Gun Club

12-Jun-13
Hi Jim I hope you have good luck I'm still checking out public land because there is to much leasing of land here in wis not like in CT.I find it very hard to find free private land to hunt especialy when your on a fixed income.

02-Nov-16
I'm Dave, I live, & work for the DOT in Eau Claire. Muskie fishing is my #1 passion but bowhunting is a close second. If it's true that you learn from your mistakes, then I should be a frickin genius when it comes to Whitetails. I might even go so far as betting a new ladder stand that I'm the most unsuccessful bowhunter in the state.

02-Nov-16
Hi my name is Todd and I'm a whitetailaholic. I moved to WI from Mi, GO BLUE!! Love the outdoors and my passion is hunting and fishing. Great to be part of this forum.

02-Nov-16
Doug Hazen. Live in New Ulm MN and hunt in Grant County WI it is 5 hours one way but love bow hunting so we make almost every weekend. For work I'm director of special education for 9 school districts and overseas 3 more school programs, so I can't take a lot of time off work during deer season. I do get some 3-4 day weekends. My youngest daughter is in her first year of bow hunting. This is just great to see her learning this great sport.

02-Nov-16
Hi everyone, my name is Ian. Rookie bowhunter from the Appleton area. Been struggling this season and stumbled on this website while doing some research! Some good info on here and everyone seems very helpful. Thought I'd add that I am an HVAC Service technician for a company out of Green Bay, if anyone ever has any issues and needs some help, let me know!

02-Nov-16
Welcome Ibrac!

02-Nov-16
Dan. Realtor who doesn't work much October & November. Live in the Twin Cities but drive 2-3x/week to Burnett County to sit for a few hours each evening.

03-Nov-16

BB81's embedded Photo
BB81's embedded Photo
My name is Blake Becker, 35, lifelong hunter and from/live in Madison. I hunt just north of Richland Center. I drive 90' one way to chase big deer around our 40 acre piece. Most passionate about bowhunting, though i also gun hunt, and turkey hunt. Discovered this forum last year. Most of the time it's great!

03-Nov-16

rjlasko's embedded Photo
rjlasko's embedded Photo
My name is Rich Lasko and I am from Racine, WI and I work as a Manager at a company that builds electronic circuit board assemblies. I do most of my deer hunting just North of the Wisconsin Dells in Southern Adams County. I also hunt in Dunn County just South of Menomonie, WI for a few days each year while visiting family and friends before Thanksgiving.

I have been gun hunting now for 30 years and bow hunting for the last 22 years and I still get excited every hunting season.

03-Nov-16

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo
I'm Casey Wheeler. I go by Tweed on a few forums because I enjoy dressing like a "proper" sporting gentleman when doing things outdoors. Born and raised in Racine, grew up hunting pheasants in western Racine county and gun deer up north. Life is finally slow enough to pick up hunting on a more regular basis now (have a wife and two crumb snatchers) and live in Milwaukee now. I picked up bow hunting on whim last year around gun season and have yet to let a arrow fly at a deer. I catch crooks trying to steal our tax dollars for a living so it really burns me up when people don't follow the simple rules on tax payer funded public land. I have a small plot of dirt in northern Marinette county that I want to improve and some day build a small cabin to run away to.

This is a great site even with all the arguing.

03-Nov-16
My name is Nathan. I go by badgers19 as a proud alumnus of the great University of Wisconsin. I now work in Waukesha as a Manufacturing Engineer for a small plastics company and do most of my hunting on public land around Waukesha and Washington counties. I'm originally from the Fox Cities area, so I also do quite a bit of hunting around that part of the state as well, again mostly on public land. I started bow hunting 3 years ago and was finally able to harvest a doe earlier this season, so I'm officially hooked.

I'm a huge ice fisherman as well, so if anyone in the area ever wants to chase crappie and pike on the hardwater, feel free to shoot me a message!

03-Nov-16

03-Nov-16
any of you hard water fishermen ever hit the harbor (MKE) let me know!

03-Nov-16
Are you going to wear that silly outfit? ; )

03-Nov-16
On the ice? Are you kidding me? NO!

I'll be wearing fur for that....obviously.... ;)

04-Nov-16
Hello! My name is Brian. I'm originally from Milwaukee. I currently live in Coon Valley, Vernon County. Absolutely love this part of the state. I'm a power plant operator for the state of Wisconsin. I served 5 years in the Navy as an engineer. I do most of my hunting in southern Price county near Ogema on private land as I have not yet been granted permission to hunt closer to home. I have hunted the public land near my house with limited success. I'm not a trophy hunter by any means nor do I set high standards but I do like to see the little guys grow up a little. I've had many years resulting in unfilled tags and it doesn't bother me a bit. Good luck to all and be safe.

07-Nov-16
I'm Pat and I'm from the Chicago area. I bow hunt central and western Illinois, but come up to eastern Washburn county for gun season. I mostly browse this site the weeks leading up to gun season to get excited for the upcoming hunt.

08-Nov-16
Gregg Schroeder from Waconia Mn. I own a fishing guiding service on Lake Minnetonka. (schroedersguidingservice) I bow hunt on 160 acres in Pierce County. Also go on a western hunt every fall for elk or mule deer. Bucket list consists of 1 item. A 180 inch mulie. I enjoy reading all the stories and info on bowsite!

16-Nov-16

xtroutx's embedded Photo
xtroutx's embedded Photo
Hi Im rick. born and raised in the up.. Im a retired Chicago district counsel carpenter. I retired at 50 and moved to Marinette county. I started bow hunting in the early seventies. Due to my job location and family I was away from the sport for many, many years. In 2010 I was fortunate enough to get back in the sport, thanks mainly to my eldest son. I enjoy the hell out of it again, and soon will have a few grandkids that want to bow hunt. Looking forward to that time spent with them.

16-Nov-16

LilZim's embedded Photo
LilZim's embedded Photo
Howdy, I'm Jamie Zimmer. Live in Hudson, WI, originally from Marshfield, WI. Been gun hunting since I was 12, needed to find an avenue to get out in the woods more, so took up bow hunting 5 years ago. I can honestly say that the 9 day gun season, while I still very much enjoy because of the time spent with family and friends, doesn't even compare to the rush I feel while bow hunting!! Even during 70 degree days like I experienced the first week of November this year! I hunt the public land north of Phillips, WI and hope to someday find the right piece in the area, as thats where the family cabin is!

12-Dec-16
Bump.... Seems we have some new guys posting...

12-Dec-16

TZ's embedded Photo
TZ's embedded Photo
We have seen it before Ron Tweet posted it on the harvest thread back in November.

13-Dec-16

Dutch's embedded Photo
Dutch's embedded Photo
My name is Jim V., handle is Dutch. I have posted infrequently on here for the past few years but follow during October and November almost daily. I am 46 been hunting since age 14. Live in Kimberly, WI. I have a passion for all things related to hunting. Mainly deer and turkey right now. I attached a pic including my 16 year old son and 13 year old daughter. They are involved and help with all aspects of hunting even though schedules are tight. Was raised hunting on public land in Marinette County and Cranden area for 25 years. Transitioned to leased land for 5 years near Suring. Then bought and sold land in Hilbert in 1 year. This past year bought a parcel near Navarino. I believe in youth hunts. I believe in shooting does. I support wild life management including food plots. I truly don't care what weapon people choose to use as long as it is legal and they are enjoying the outdoors. I look forward to doing much more land improvement projects.

22-Dec-16

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Larry Margelofsky, Food plotter, Apple tree grower, Morel Picker, Shed Hunter, Dog Trainer, Maple syrup harvester....... Hunt Waupaca, Shawano and Fond Du Lac counties. Live on Lake Winnebago. I usually bowhunt 2 states every year and go to Colorado Elk hunting every 3rd. Bought my properties in the late 70s on trapping revenues. Manufacturing and welding engineer the first 20 years of my working years, the last 20 I have been in landscape design and installation along with garden center management.

22-Dec-16
Welcome to the new guys. You too Trapper!

22-Dec-16
Yeah Mike, Its like I had a stroke and I have to start all over. lol

25-Oct-17
With so many new guys on here, it was time to revive this thread.

25-Oct-17
2nd generation land owner in N.W. Wisconsin. Been hunting since 1981. Limited the last couple years due to medical issues, but love bow hunting for the hunting, and love gun season for the time spent with my hunting crew. We've been hunting the same chunk of land since 1971. I used to be on here a lot, but gave up the website last year because of all the same 5-6 posters ruining the entire thing. I've decided to come back and give it another chance. Buck pictured survived the gun season last year. Hope to see him this fall, with another year of age.

25-Oct-17
I'm Sean. 47 in St Croix county. Wanna be farmer and heavy equipment operator.

25-Oct-17

Aushegun's embedded Photo
Aushegun's embedded Photo
weird.... someone else's picture is on my post above! I don't have pigs on my property. here is the buck I was talking about.

25-Oct-17
Dylan, 23. Wisconsin native, Minnesota transplant. Hunt central Wisconsin private land. I've learned a lot from everyone on this forum and am excited to apply it in the field.

25-Oct-17
Brent, 20. Hunt private in Trempeleau County. I've been hunting ever since grandpa taught me how to shoot a bow. Goodluck to everyone this season

25-Oct-17
Harvey, 65. Originally from New York did a lot of hunting in my early years mostly Cougars. Looking to meet some of you guys at a shoot sometime. I hunt north central WI.

25-Oct-17
Rick from Baraboo. Soon to be a retired welder.

Been bow hunting since the mid 60's, mainly in my home state but also several trips to Wyoming with my oldest hunting buddy who lives there.

I'm into traditional archery, have been for over 30 yards. While I no longer hunt as hard as in my youth, I still love to shoot.

26-Oct-17
Scott, 40. Hunt in Adams County but live in Appleton area.

26-Oct-17
Tyler, 31, Live in Menomonee Falls. Hunt in Sussex on a small piece of private in Waukesha County. I also hunt 120 acres in Marinette County. I just got back into bow hunting 3 years ago.

26-Oct-17
Patrick. 43. St Croix County, also hunt Rusk county. Been on bowsite since I was in college in late 90's early 2000's. Lurk a lot, don't post much. Been bowhunting since I was 13. The last few years haven't made it out as much as I wanted, 2 sons on a football team that usually makes deep runs in the playoffs and both play(ed) winter sports, and a daughter that is also a 3 sport athlete that is just getting into high school. Trying hard to make it out more this year.

26-Oct-17
Rich. Live in Sheboygan Co. and I hunt northern Bayfield Co. I come and go with this site, but am more apt to stick around and post occasionally when site is free of those who just stir the pot or pontificate. It's been great lately.

26-Oct-17
Bill, 41, live in Wood Co. Been on here for awhile too (around the time SERB made his debut!!) , but don't post an awful lot. Hunt Wood, Adams, Juneau counties. Cannot think about much else this time of year other than being in a tree stand or a duck blind...

26-Oct-17
Bryan, 42. Live in Jefferson County and hunt primarily Richland and Iowa counties. Colorado every couple of years. Came to the bowhunting table late (last 10 years) but have been rifle hunting for several years. Archery has become my passion. Landscape Designer for the past 21 years.

26-Oct-17
Ryan, 36, living in Chippewa Falls. Originally from the Tomahawk area and relocated to CF. Physician Recruiter by trade with an HR background. Grew up bow and gun hunting Lincoln county shooting a lot of small bucks. Now specifically bow hunt and muzzy hunt private land in Dunn County. I gave up on the 9 day gun season about 4 years ago as I much rather enjoy heading out the week after, TC in hand and by myself or with a buddy vs. heading out with the entire orange army. I lurked around the site last year and posted a few times. Don't get active looking at the site until late August as my blood boils all spring and summer chasing walleyes.

27-Oct-17
Gary - 59 - formerly from Maine, living in Eau Claire for the past 11 yrs - work for a local manufacturing company - started bowhunting way back in '79 - now spend as much time as possible with my wife fishing and hunting (public land) in Douglas Co.

27-Oct-17
Just realized I am not in this list yet. I am 63, from Two Rivers Wisconsin. Dad brought me up hunting and trapping. When he was a kid he did it because he needed to help put food on the table, I hear grandma loved it when there were muskrats to cook. Now I admit it is more to keep me balanced spending time in the woods. I live in SE Minnesota and Hayward WI. Most of my hunting time is spent in MN and most of that is deer hunting.

I noticed Camoman63's name above and have not seen him post for a LONG time. I wonder if he is still kicking or if his illness caught up with him.

27-Oct-17
Jeff, Camo left us a few years back. Sad thing, he had alot of energy it seemed. Gary, you must hunt the Brule forest up there? I love the Brule river, it's one of the things that hold me to Wisconsin.

27-Oct-17
Jeff , talked to Camo a month before he left us . He was at peace with hmself . He was an Artist & Bowhunter .

Oh yea , Glenn . 71 year Construction management all over North America for 25 years . 22 years in the Automotive business in WI .

03-Dec-17
Hi all! Carl from Saukville Wi, 51 years young, owner of a small construction company, my passion is the outdoors, bass fishing and bow hunting are the two things I cannot live without, I hunt private and public, I am a newbie here for the last few days and so far I really enjoy the site.

03-Dec-17
Hello FTWAC - Welcome aboard. FYI, as I am sure you have seen so far this bowhunter's forum attracts all kinds. Some fellows are relatively new to bowhunting and then there are some well experienced fellows who can offer valuable counsel. Just curious, where is Saukville? Never heard of it, what's it near? Again, welcome. Enjoy.

03-Dec-17
Case, Saukville is just west of Port Washington by Milwaukee.

Welcome to the forum to the newer guys.

02-Jan-18
Bringing back to the top. Didn't find a 50 year old Jacob Herr.

02-Jan-18
Guess I haven't put myself on this list. Jeff Derrick from St. Croix County. 30 years old, engineer in the dairy industry. I mostly hunt private land in Burnett County, but have a couple small spots in St. Croix and Polk on land that my dad and uncle farm. I am new to this site this fall and have not posted a lot thus far but have thoroughly enjoyed reading.

02-Jan-18
Great to see so many newbies on this site. Thanks for posting where you hunt so we can see how bowsiters are spread around the state.

15-Jan-18
We have some very interesting new and edgy posters popping up lately. Don't be shy. Haha!

16-Jan-18
Good one Musky, but I bet it falls on deaf ears.

16-Jan-18
Hey guys, I'm CJ! Wait, no, I meant I'm cj. Err, no I meant Cj. Darn, those capital letters! LOL! Really, I'm Capt Mike and I have no problem telling you who I am. I guess that is not so with some, who need to hide behind their keyboards and the anonymity of the internet.

23-Jan-18
Hey guys. I came across this site in November and most of you have been very helpful. I enjoy reading the threads and seeing everyone's different opinions. A little about me: I was in the FBI in the early 90's... I once infiltrated a gang of surfers who robbed banks while disguised as ex-presidents (to fund their "endless summer.") It was intense, I became friends with the ring leader, until he shot me in the leg. I even sky dived with him, and I didn't have a parashoot! Ahhh, good times. Gave it all up to get home and pursue my passion, bow hunting whitetailed deer.

23-Jan-18
Ok detective Utah. Did Bodhi ever find the right wave in the 20 year storm? Did you ever marry Tyler? How did Anthony Kiedis ever end up in that rival surfer gang anyway? Hope your old football injury healed up. Pure adrenalin, right?! The ultimate rush. Other guys snort for it, jab a vein for it -- all you gotta do is jump. (Actually it should say bow hunt.)

24-Jan-18
Novice... that's crazy, your questions are specific and accurate. Hahaha

24-Jan-18
Johnny, Point Break is one of my all time favorites. Welcome aboard.

24-Jan-18

wacem's embedded Photo
wacem's embedded Photo
My name is Don DeMotts, 75 yo, bow hunt private in Dodge and Fond du Lac counties. Also bow hunt and gun hunt public land in Douglas where I am part owner of a hunting shack near Lake Nebagamon. I surf this daily but seldom post.

13-Apr-18
Just bringing back to the top as Grape is asking how old we are. Lots of info here for you.

13-Apr-18
All together? were talking geologic time scales!

13-Apr-18
Hey Thanks Trapper!

14-Apr-18
I see I'm not on this thread. Live in Wausau - imagine that, and were getting a bunch more snow right now in April. I'm lucky enough to have a big hunting family/friends group to "play farmer" and bow hunt together in Clark cnty. Come gun season we hunt Bayfield cnty and carry on the tradition of our old fashion deer camp started in '53. Hunt public land, exploring, still hunting, wearing red plaid and having fun.

02-Oct-19
SB bones - anybody can steal pics off the internet and claim to be that person.

02-Oct-19
Jake..you really are pathetic!

02-Oct-19
X2 trout

02-Oct-19
Jakey, why must you crap up every thread? You are delusional and unhinged. Armed with not a bit of sense, you are a pathetic old, broken and bitter little critter.

02-Oct-19
Xtrout, pathetic becomes more and more of an understatement with every word jakey types

02-Oct-19
He jacked a thread from 2012. Yeah very pathetic. Now he will continue to explain why his life is so boring by repeating the same shit he calls liable

02-Oct-19
I tried to dumb myself to your level and still dont understand your comment. I'm gonna have to move on to a more intelligent conversation! Sorry bud..

02-Oct-19
Jake, I was rather excited that day, never really thought to take the pic with my bow. It was my first and only p&y buck. I don't need my bow in the pic for those that know me to believe me. Still have the arrow and p&y score sheet with the mount.I was eligeble to use a x-gun since 2010. I have "never" choosen to use one. I like bow hunting more than I like shooting deer. If you ever had an original idea on here, I would copy it, frame it, and mail it to you. I would be a first. The garbage that spews out of your mouth is like that of a 2yr old. Seems to be only you, find your childish LOLs funny.

02-Oct-19
What? No Slicer? Must be too shy.

• Sitka Gear