Moultrie Mobile
Venison after 2 seasons getting skunked!
Rhode Island
Contributors to this thread:
Red 07-Feb-14
Red 07-Feb-14
DeerDan 09-Feb-14
STM 06-Apr-14
07-Feb-14

Red's embedded Photo
Red's embedded Photo
I bought my first bow in 2011 and practiced until I felt I was accurate enough to make an ethical kill shot…it didn't take long with my Mathews Z7 Extreme and I was in the woods late 2011/2012 season. Got lots of cool activity on my trail cam but at 3:30am rather than in daylight hours….even a nice 8 pointer. I saw a few Doe in the distance but always out of range. Hunted 2012/2013 again this time more sits and still nothing for the freezer. This year December yielded a nice little spike buck….my first Whitetail! While it's no trophy it was a milestone for me and I dragged, gutted, skinned and butchered it myself. January 31st around 5:00pm I heard some footsteps crunching in the snow, at 5:15pm 9 minutes before Archery season was over I got this Doe to fill both my tags finally.

07-Feb-14

Red's embedded Photo
Red's embedded Photo
Here is the Doe weighing in at 145 lbs….tough drag over rocky thicket in the darkness but worth every drop of sweat!

09-Feb-14
Nice job Red! Took me 3 or4 years before I finally connected with my first. I remember thinking it wasgoing to be impossible!

06-Apr-14
Congrats Red, what part of RI did you get them in. I live in CT but grew up on Aquidneck Island. CT hunting is nice with private land and a large deer herd. Just had my buck from NY last night smothered in bacon.STM?

• Sitka Gear