bowhunt1 19-Jun-14
T Mac 19-Jun-14
Cornbread 19-Jun-14
Bou'bound 23-Jun-14
steve 23-Jun-14
Bou'bound 24-Jun-14
Bou'bound 03-Sep-14
21-Feb-14
It's winter now and the bears are sleeping soundly, but spring will be be soon and the baits will be open and the bears will be wandering.

What are you plans for a 2014 bear hunt in NB. When, where, and with whom are you planning to tag an animal.

Best of luck to all.

23-Feb-14
Middle of June for my 11th year chasing mature boars with Corey at Chase Outfitters.

26-Feb-14
Week of Sept 15th with my boy Taz again. I cant wait.

01-Mar-14
With Taz the last week of June. Hope the hunters before me saves me a big one.

01-Mar-14
gonna hunt with trophy hunters this coming Fall...

05-Mar-14
Week of May 11 with Trophy Hunter(Lloyd) for my 2nd time in NB. Good Luck to everyone hunting in NB 2014.

05-Mar-14
Hey Hoyt C/E..was originaly gonna hunt with Lloyd this spring..had to change it to the fall..save me one

20-Mar-14

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Hoping to head back to hunt with Taz in the fall. Try to beat last year's beast.

20-Mar-14

20-Mar-14
thats a great bear...good luck this Fall

20-Mar-14
You get a score on him yet Grant?

21-Mar-14
Nice one !

22-Mar-14
no dale has not got back to me with it yet.

22-Mar-14
Dales pretty conservative in his measurements,should be a great score.

22-Mar-14
Dales pretty conservative in his measurements,should be a great score.

17-Apr-14
We need some life on this forum guys! To the top

17-Apr-14
Eirie quiet!

18-Apr-14
1 post a month here is a lot .

18-Apr-14
Surprising, in years past by now at least one thread is hot. Sad that it is so quiet. I always enjoyed hearing about others spring New Brunswick's plans. Be well

19-Apr-14
Maybe after the season starts ?

20-Apr-14
I'm heading up to Nictau the last week of may I was wondering how bad the snow,mud and floods are? Anyone up that way give me an Idea?

17-May-14
any stories yet

17-May-14
Bou

We've been wondering the same thing. Work caused Millie and I to reset our Sask trip til '15... We were fortunate to book with TSI's openings the week of 6/22. We're looking forward to visiting NB again.

18-May-14
Rick don't you know hunting first work 2nd .LOL

18-May-14
Steve. Totally agree, but retirement is just 4 years out. Don't want to start over elsewhere right now. We'll concentrate on a TSI GIANT this year and return to chasing color in '15.

18-May-14
Gene, Tom Haynes, and Tom's daughter Lilly will be in Jemseg this Saturday. I'll update you when I get updated

20-May-14
Good luck to them !!

20-May-14
Great. Looking forward to the update Rick and Tommy.

25-May-14
Bears were seen last night, but no shots were taken

25-May-14
Good luck to them on Monday.

27-May-14
Bad storms, rain, lighting, thunder.

27-May-14
shoot. when that ends things will be good. Tomorrow is the day. thanks for the updates tommy.

29-May-14
Redman killed last night. So far Tom killed tonight and its loaded in the truck. Going to check on Lilly and Charles. More when I hear from them

30-May-14
CONGRATS !!!!!!

30-May-14

Trophy Hunter's Link

30-May-14
any pictures of the bears yet tommy?

31-May-14
last night........... how did they finish the week.

01-Jun-14
3 for 4 for the week. Lilly had her hunt ruined a couple nights by a piece of garbage that roams the nb bush.

The treestand that was "recovered" was bought at the Ripley Walmart in West Virginia. We took it to our friend a couple years ago.

Do you want to tell about the landowner that was ready to put a beatin on you for trespassing? I guess you'll leave these details out of your story

01-Jun-14
Bou, Gene has a trail cam pic of a bear that is an absolute monster. I've never seen anything like it. I'll send you a pic next time I get over to visit him

01-Jun-14
The bear was unearthly.

02-Jun-14
I would like to see one of them photos .STEVE

03-Jun-14
Hey guys, I started my hunt with TAZ in Jemseg yesterday. All quiet in my stand last night. Relocating today, will do a morning 2 hour sit and then an evening one from 3 pm onwards. I also have a pic of the Monster Bou!!! Judas is that a bear. Will keep you posted. Hey Corn, really sad to hear about how Lilly had her hunt ruined. I cannot believe that any outfitter (who also purports to being an experienced hunter), could ruin someone's hunt and by going on to private land that he didn't have permission to be on. It is one thing to have a bit of a "range war", but to involve the paying clients (which by the way is what pays the bills) instead of just working it out man to man is despicable. I am sure glad that I am with an outfitter that focuses on his clients. Hope to overlap with any of TAZ's regulars one of these years, maybe Bou will give me lessons on shooting big bears!

03-Jun-14
Good luck Harold and keep us posted. Keep an eye on the fellow hunter in camp who has to be on a suicide watch after missing that monster bear of a lifetime at 10 yards tonight. heart breaking particularly after seeing on the trail cam what he was going to be face to face with.

03-Jun-14
Harold, good luck my friend. I hope you get a bigg'un

03-Jun-14

posted with outfitters permission

03-Jun-14
GOOD LUCK !!AND HAVE FUN

03-Jun-14
That's one GIANT Bear. Hope someone get's an arrow into that this season. WOW.

03-Jun-14
better have alot of room on the wall..thats a big bear...good luck and get it done!!

04-Jun-14
Good luck guys. Hope to hear about this weeks hunt soon.

07-Jun-14
Canuck good luck in Ontario. Must be great to leave a bear hunting trip to go home and bear hunt that's crazy good deal

07-Jun-14
Thanks for the best wishes Grant! I passed many smaller bears in NB this year AND the best part is that I will go back this fall in September to try again for a "big one", (for me that means bigger than I have taken so far) as my tag is still good.

TAZ, aka Mark, worked like crazy and put me on baits with HUGE bear sign and as always it was just fun hunting with him. You know, I have hunted with Mark for 6 years now and the best hunts have been the two when I passed and never shot! You know him as well as I do, his hunts are about what the client wants to do and what he or she wants to shoot. How can you ever beat that? BTW, I am washing my hunting clothes and packing again as we speak!!

Stay tuned my friend and hello to Corn and Gene

14-Jun-14
Harold anything back home?

I think this was a hunterless week with Taz due to cancellations, but others will be coming in for the next week.

15-Jun-14

Canuck's embedded Photo
Canuck's embedded Photo
back home was great. I got one first night (175 or so). Had 5 come in. Buddy's girlfriend got her first animal with a bow second night (small boar). My buddy still trying, had seen multiple, plus a giant, but no shot offered. LOTS of bears here in Sudbury.

15-Jun-14

Trophy Hunter's Link
Another great week here! 4 for 4, 3 recovered. One giant taken first time bear hunter with a recurve bow. Bear only went 30 yards. Everyone saw multiple bears, several moose. and deer! Fishing was great! Everyone had a blast at camp.

18-Jun-14

Word from the woods is that this booner went down last night. pictures to follow. Three were killed and this one was one the largest taken from Taz's operation ever.....including the one he got a few years ago.

18-Jun-14

Another shot of him.

obviously the date/time on the trail cam is not accurate.

19-Jun-14

547 pounds is the reported weight an it was taken by first time hunter who was from boston area. a rage head used out of mathews bow. Joe McGill is the hunter's name. The bear was very old and nearly toothless behind the canines apparently.

that is all i have from Mark if i get more I will share.

19-Jun-14
WOW!!!!!!!! That thing is a monster. Congrats to the Mr. McGill and Taz. Outstanding job guys.

19-Jun-14
WOW!!!!!!!! That thing is a monster. Congrats to the Mr. McGill and Taz. Outstanding job guys.

19-Jun-14
Wow what a pumpkinhead Congrats!

19-Jun-14
Way to go Joe. Congrats on another monster bear Taz.

23-Jun-14
Good luck to all in the last week of the spring season. Save a few for the fall hunters, guys!

23-Jun-14
Big bear !!!! Congrats !

24-Jun-14
I heard the last group of three for Taz went 2 for 3 the first night of the last week. No monsters, but nice archery bears. one more to go

03-Sep-14
Be interesting to see how the fall season plays out. Hear there are some big ones wandering around.

• Sitka Gear