Tennessee
Contributors to this thread:
8point 07-Mar-14
2rope2 24-Jul-14
BUCKSNORT 26-Jun-17
justonebuck 02-Jul-17
Bowriter 06-Jul-17
07-Mar-14
My wife and I are planning to get the heck out of New York perhaps this summer and are considering a move to Tennessee. My passion is bow hunting for elk hunting in Colorado, but I cut my teeth on whitetails. My preference is the eastern part of the state. I’m an admitted horn hunter, and typically pass on small antlered bucks unless they’re in trouble. Any suggestions where I should narrow my search to find quality deer? Thanks in advance

24-Jul-14
Not positive. But I live in west tn and I would say bigger deer are from Clarksville west to MS river. There are several 150 to 170 killed every year close to me. Not so many of the 170 and up. But they do exist here.

26-Jun-17
I HAVE A 3-5 DAY HUNTS RUT WEEKS EMAIL ME [email protected] MUSKINGUM COUNTY OHIO

02-Jul-17
Hey there, my name is Mark McCormick and I am a real estate agent in East Tennessee who happens to have a passion for deer hunting. There are some huge deer killed every year in blount, Loudon, and Knox counties. Its mostly private land, but that being said I hunt some public areas as well and they produce nice deer too if you are willing to do your homework and put in the effort required. Please feel free to call me at 865-607-8536 if I can help you out in any way!

06-Jul-17
I have nothing to sell. I have lived and hunted in TN since 1972. I am a biologist and former deer manager. here is the deal. If you are a "horn" hunter, you are possibly making two mistakes. The first is considering TN as a whitetail trophy state and the second is considering East TN. The larger bucks come from West TN and not in numbers. A buck in the 120-140-inch range is a big one in most areas. There is considerable public land and some good hunting. Access to private land is hard to come by and this would be especially true in E. TN, you being from NY. Buying land can expensive. A friend just sold his place, 189-acres with a nice house for $980,000. And that was worthless land in a less than optimum location. Were I you, and with the parameters you gave, I'd be looking in West KY. Hope you find a place that suits you.

• Sitka Gear