Ermine 12-Jan-20
Ramhunter 12-Jan-20
Rock 06-Feb-20
BIGHORN 17-Feb-20
19-Mar-14

Ramhunter's embedded Photo
Attention Colorado Bowhunters:

Just announced, the new CBA Big 8, 9, & 10 belt buckle. If you have registered and been recognized by the CBA Records Program for obtaining either your Colorado Big 8, Big 9, or Big 10, then you are eligible to purchase your very own customized official CBA buckle.

Each buckle is hand made of German Silver by the talented folks at Silver and Saddles in Santa Fe, NM.

Your buckle will include: - The year you completed your accomplishment - Either Big 8, Big 9, or Big 10 as appropriate - Your CBA assigned registry number - Your name.

These trophy buckles are of high quality, made to wear or display in your trophy case. The dimensions are 4 1/2" wide, by 3 1/4" tall.

CBA has negotiated a killer price and is selling these buckles at cost, so you can be assured of getting the best deal possible.

The price is $175 + $10 shipping.

If you would like to place an order for your buckle, please contact me directly - Todd Brickel, former CBA Records Chairman.

My email is [email protected] my phone is 719-201-3013.

When you decide to order, I will work with the artist to develop a proof of exactly what your buckle will look like. You then sign-off on the proof ensuring accuracy of data and spelling of your name. Checks should be made payable to the CBA. Once I have your check and signed proof, I'll place the order. Buckles take about 6 weeks to complete.

This idea has been a long time in the making, and I'm very proud of the final product and know you will be too.

Wear your accomplishment with pride and order your buckle today!

Todd

19-Mar-14
Those are pretty cool

19-Mar-14
If Colorado will participate so will I!Bob.

20-Mar-14
Todd can you explain what the big 8 and 9 are for guys like me? Bob.

20-Mar-14
Think it's a real pretty chubby girl!

20-Mar-14
The colorado Big 8 , is taking the original 8 CO big game species with a bow, in Colorado; elk, mule deer, whitetail deer, pronghorn, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, black bear, and cougar. Note: just these species. It doesn't count if you substitute desert bighorn or Shiras' moose for one of them, even though that would make 8 different species. If you have 8 species with one of them, you will complete the Big 8 and 9 when you complete the original Big 8.

The Big 9 is adding either desert bighorn or Shiras' moose.

The Big10 is taking the other of the Big 9.

Also taking the Big 10 does not complete a second Big 9, You would have to take 2 of the same 9 species to complete it twice. And yes, it's been done twice by a couple o bowhunhters.

Mike Dziekan - also former Big Game Chairman

20-Mar-14
I believe here are the following numbers of CBA bow hunters who have accomplished. Just approx. #.

Big Eight 95

Big Nine 20

Big Ten 2

Also, male and female of the species does count

I would expect most have been the male of the species.

Some have take all PY species and just a few have taken the Big Eight 2-3 times.

When you consider the species, the different habitats they occupy, and the skill to harvest them, it is quite a journey for any bow hunter.

20-Mar-14
I have the Big 1. Does that count?

20-Mar-14
Ken we weren't talking IQ! I only have six more species to go!

20-Mar-14
huntingbob,

Mike's answer to your question is spot on.

Thanks Todd

20-Mar-14
By the way,

The official count is:

95 Big 8 Awardees

29 Big 9 Awardees

2 Big 10 Awardees

To the best of our knowledge, no rifle hunter has taken the Big 10 yet, but that may or may not be accurate.

Todd

24-Mar-14
Todd,

Neat buckle! Since I've taken the Big Eight twice, can I get both accomplishments noted on one buckle (since I really don't need two buckles)? Note that at least one is a P&Y caliber (officially entered) critter from each of the eight, but that probably gets too busy to note on the buckle.

I had to go to WY for a Shiras bull and NV for desert ram as I never was lucky enough to draw those tags in CO.

Kurt

25-Mar-14
What a great symbol for the accomplishment. Someday...

25-Mar-14
Nice hardware! Great bow-hunting quest. Congrats to all those who've got 'er done.

26-Mar-14
Kurt You have to live in the lower 48 to get a buckle

26-Mar-14

MathewsMan's MOBILE embedded Photo

Thanks Todd and the CBA. I jumped onboard with this awesome idea.

27-Mar-14
Hi Kurt,

We need to keep the basic design the same to have it all fit and look good.

What if we were to put either the two completion years or the two registry numbers - whichever you prefer on either side of the mule deer's rack at the top, and then below where we typically put the registry number we could put 2x to represent that you have completed the Big 8 twice?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Todd

27-Mar-14
Kurt was #6 and #66. Just combine them. ;-)

Or, what about #6 in the space under BIG and #66 in the space under 9, with the completion dates above, on either side of the mule deer rack.

02-Apr-14
It is so gratifying to witness the favorable response to these commemorative buckles. We haven't even published the next newsletter yet with the advertisement enclosed and we've already received 11 orders!

Some Big 8 and Big 9 guys have even ordered two to represent both accomplishments.

Kurt, are you wanting me to work up a proof of your buckle for you? Just let me know what is most important to you, the dates or the registry numbers. I'm sure we can make something fit that celebrates both your accomplishments.

Thanks everyone! Todd

03-Apr-14
Todd,

Try putting the years in as '85 and '05 or whenever I completed the eight plus the 6&66 and we'll see how it looks!

Please verify numbers and dates as I don't have the info in BC.

Thanks!

Kurt

04-Apr-14
We'll do Kurt.

Let me see what I can come up with.

What is your email address?

Thanks Todd

04-May-14

Showed up in the mail.

04-May-14
That looks good. I am waiting for the Moose draw next week to see if I have a shot at the Big 9.

04-May-14
Got my Big nine buckle. It is great. Thanks Todd

06-May-14
Todd,

My 2X buckle showed up today! Very nice, but need to get my King Ranch pickup, new boots and a Stetson to match now! Great job on this!

Kurt

07-May-14

I'm so happy to hear you guys like these buckles.

Kurt is one of a very few bowhunters that has taken the Big 8 multiple times. We altered the arrangement a bit to commemorate both achievements for him.

Check it out!

08-May-14
Super nice! Wow! Awesome!

If I could ever be lucky enough to draw a sheep and goat tag! I would love to have a buckle. Still waiting for those tags!

17-May-14
Todd, Awesome buckle, Think I will wait and see how the moose draw goes before ordering one. Might get lucky and can try for the 9 buckle.

17-May-14

MATHEWSSHOOTER's embedded Photo
MATHEWSSHOOTER's embedded Photo

24-May-14
Drew a non Res cow moose, will give it my best. Would realy like to have the big nine buckle.

10-Jun-14
That's awesome Dan, best of luck to you!

We have sold over 20 so far and everyone seems to be very pleased.

There are more of you guys out there, get yours NOW!

02-Jul-14
These belt buckles are works of art [as they are so beautifully crafted, do any of the proud recipients dare to wear them tho'?!]

02-Jul-14
Sure, they are very durable. Planning to wear it to GSCO convention in January after I get my Caribou arrowed completing the Super Ten.

12-Jan-20
Do they still do these? These are really neat

12-Jan-20
Yep, see my reply to your messenger message Justin. We can still get them. Price has gone up a little, but certainly worth it.

Todd

06-Feb-20
Todd, are they able to modify and existing Buckle to add my second Big 8 number to my existing buckle?

17-Feb-20
I was only able to harvest 7 of the 8 with my bow. Couldn't get a BH ram even with 4 separate licenses. Unfortunately, I have to give up hunting due to many serious spine operations. I will have another one on April 16th. I am walking around with a fractured bone in my lower back at the present time. My son moved to AK so I don't have anyone to carry out a harvested animal. However, I am tutoring my next door neighbor and his two boys in hopes that they will become bowhunters. Wish that I was in the shape that Paul is in.

• Sitka Gear