UtahMan 29-Aug-14
kzkammo 29-Aug-14
UtahMan 29-Aug-14
BULELK1 03-Sep-14
UtahMan 04-Sep-14
kzkammo 05-Sep-14
UtahMan 05-Sep-14
19-Aug-14
My schedule has pushed me out of the regular archery season for spike/bull elk, so I'll be stuck with the extended units. Where does everyone usually go? Wasatch vs. Uintahs vs. Sanpete valley? I'm a beginner to archery hunting, so take that into consideration for your recommendations. I'm located in SLC.

28-Aug-14
If I were you I would try another way to ask about some info instead of "where does everyone else go". There are a lot of good people on here that are willing to help newbies. There are better ways to come about it.

29-Aug-14
So what might be a better way to come about it? I don't know how I can be any more straightforward and specific.

29-Aug-14
Where have you scouted? I'm just saying that you can't expect anyone to just tell you where they are hunting.

29-Aug-14
I've scouted up Millcreek, Guardsmen pass, Desolation lake, and down into Big Cottonwood. I'm not asking for honey holes or specific spots, just which general units (the 3 extended areas) I live in Millcreek so I've been fairly limited to under 4 hour scouting trips on the wasatch. That being said, if I'm wasting my time and the Uintahs or Sanpete are a much better option, I'll gladly give them a shot.

03-Sep-14
I have always enjoyed Millcreek after they close the gate at Terraces (around Nov. 1st) I see very very few WF bow hunters.

Lot's of private on the Uinta and Sanpete units...

Good luck, Robb

04-Sep-14
Good tip Rob, I forgot that they close the gatt Nov. 1st. FOr some reason I was thinking it was Dec. 1st. I'm picking up my new bow from Full Draw Archery in Sandy probably this weekend (PSE Stinger 3G). Then, just practicing and scouting till I can find the herd.

05-Sep-14
Hey utahman good luck hopefully you can connect.

05-Sep-14
Thanks Rob and kzkammo, I'll keep you posted and hopefully I'll have pictures to back it up!

• Sitka Gear