desert Hunter 12-Sep-14
Calgroundgame 15-Sep-14
Calgroundgame 16-Sep-14
TradTony 24-Sep-14
TradTony 02-Oct-14
TradTony 02-Oct-14
TradTony 02-Oct-14
12-Sep-14
Anyone have any luck around the extrem eastern part of d-11? Thanks.

15-Sep-14
Seen small bucks but no luck connecting yet. LOTS of bear sign

16-Sep-14
Pm me sometime if you want to hit up the San Gabriels

24-Sep-14

TradTony's embedded Photo
I'll be hunting the D11 zone this weekend. I have a heck of a honey hole but with the drought, who knows what it'll be like this year. Since discovering this honey hole two years ago I've been successful both years. My fiancee even spotted a very dandy 5x6. I saw a fierce 3x3... while field dressing the attached buck in photo! First year my buddy and I hunted the area we arrowed our bucks within minutes. We were making our way down a hillside when a small fork jumped out of a gulley giving me a challenging 15 yard shot through some scrub oak. Made a heart shot only because about 12" of vitals were exposed through an opening. Complete pass through and as we were recovering my buck a larger fork came from around a bend to investigate the commotion only to encounter my buddy who was waiting for him at 20 yards at full draw! We're traditional bowhunters but our Predator bows make it no effort to hold full draw for a shot opportunity.

02-Oct-14

The Colby fire got to portions of our honey hole. We only saw a few decent bucks. Grip of does. We passed up on the bucks in hopes that the rut will bring out some shooters or meat bucks. My buddy missed at one nice forky we wanted to fill our freezer with. We'll see what Oct 11 will bring.

02-Oct-14

Some does hanging around our honey hole. Hopefully they'll invite some decent bucks to their get together.

02-Oct-14
I forgot to mention that the buck my buddy missed was with the does in the above the picture. He's not in the pic because when we spotted these does I was practicing with a deer call I've been using. Let me tell you all something, IT WORKS!!!! The buck was at the bottom of this hillside with another doe and the doe came running in bringing the buck with her. I've been playing with the call all season long and it's just great. I never knew mule deer could be so vocal.

• Sitka Gear