Bear Dog shot
Vermont
Contributors to this thread:
beanie 16-Sep-14
VTslinger 18-Sep-14
VTer 19-Sep-14
beanie 19-Sep-14
16-Sep-14
Can you believe someone would shoot a dog like this? Its sad you cant go hunting with a dog and you have to worry someone is going to shoot your dog in the woods.

18-Sep-14
There are some sick bastards out there. I can't think what must be going through someone's head when they pull that trigger not once but three times. Then to leave any animal suffering regardless of the situation is warped.

19-Sep-14
I cant for the life of me figure out the circumstances of this from looking at the pictures. Two of the bolts were shot from above, possibly with the dog facing different directions and the other was from the side it appears, and I would say all were from close range thinking the weapon isn't very accurate. I don't know too much about the bolts but someone said they were from a smaller pistol type crossbow.....so I'm thinking it wasn't a "hunter". It's unbelievable that the dog even survived.

19-Sep-14
They do look like a pistol type of bolt. I don't believe it was a hunter either. Not fair to even call them a hunter the scumbags.

• Sitka Gear