Apex8 23-Dec-14
Apex8 23-Dec-14
Apex8 23-Dec-14
b0w_bender 06-Jan-15
Dreaming Big 18-Feb-15
26-Sep-14

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo
Come on guys. Washington site is starting to look like an antianting site so many in the country think we are. Where are the pictures and results from this years hunting? I once again hunted in Manastash, after missing out last year because of the forest fires. There were a few ne hunters from other areas, and fewer of the regulars. So hunting pressure was not there. I did not have a bull tag this year, and still have a lot of moose from last year. So I was looking for a spike or small cow. Opening morning I was walking into my tree stand and heard a weak bugle, and thought that it might be a spike. Snuck down the hill and saw this 20 foot tree being killed by something big. Got twenty yards away, and could see the antlers and chest. NO tag. He was a montster 6 x 6. His front tines were at least 18 inchels long, and it would have taken two hands to go around the base. tip of antlers went past his butt. One of the other hunters has this bull on trail cam, and he is a monster. They nicknamed him the spider bull because his tines were so long and curved. Sat in the tree all day, and saw a total of 4 big bulls, all within 30 yards, one spike, didn't get close enough and at least 10 cows within 30 yards. Passed on all because I was watching bulls, or waiting for the spike. Got a nice 2 year old cow on Sat. 35 yards broadside. Her front leg was up a little and went through the elbow and into the heart. Back in camp with the meat 4 hours later. All of these are 30 yards away at the same tree.

26-Sep-14

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo
30 yards

26-Sep-14

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo

26-Sep-14

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo

26-Sep-14

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo

26-Sep-14

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo

26-Sep-14

26-Sep-14

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo

26-Sep-14

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo

28-Sep-14
Congrads and great pics thanks for sharing

29-Sep-14
Nice Yendor. I hunted the Nile (352) which was overrun with people. Few elk, but all were running from crowds of hunters.

29-Sep-14
Awesome photos!! Congrats on the cow and great photos of the bulls!

01-Oct-14
Congrats, Yendor!

Me and my two brother in laws all shot 3x3 mule deer on 3 consecutive mornings this year. Mine ended up getting jumped out of his initial bed (Grrrrr) and we tracked him until we lost the blood trail. Public land hunting I suppose, but I've been sick to my stomach about it every day since. I've been trying to get pics of the brothers 2 deer up, but cant seem to get them to work. Ive still got my cow elk hunt in Feb so hopefully I can get a little meat in the freezer then.

04-Nov-14

elkfulr's embedded Photo
elkfulr's embedded Photo
Here's mine. I sure don't have any reports like Yendor. Too bad too because I had a quality bull tag - just chose to take any good shot I had and this is the result. I did call in a big bull opening morning but he hung up out of range due to a bad setup. I'm learning, slowly

09-Nov-14
Nice pics. We hunt Manastash also. Near Tamarack Springs. Not much happening there this year. It appears they were grazing sheep there again this past spring. The elk are scarce when this happens around that area. Saw many last year and missed my bear. Got a big com year before. Very tired of the early hunt and the heat. Still like to hunt there though.

12-Nov-14

coxral's embedded Photo
coxral's embedded Photo
Dang elkfulr, we shoulda switched spots! I had a nice 6x7 at 10 yds, 15 yds, and again at 25! He kept waiting for me to take his picture! Dropped camera once, took picture of crotch, finally pic at 25 yds! AND, only cows and spikes there!

22-Nov-14
That is a beautiful Bull Jeff, what unit? And John, I always feel that a bull is a bull. Best eating elk you'll ever get. My cow was a two year old, and tastes so good.

26-Nov-14
Couse 181, private land.

23-Dec-14

Apex8's embedded Photo
Apex8's embedded Photo
2014 west side bull. 6x6.

23-Dec-14

Apex8's embedded Photo
Apex8's embedded Photo
2014 same bull

23-Dec-14

Apex8's embedded Photo
Apex8's embedded Photo

06-Jan-15

b0w_bender's embedded Photo
b0w_bender's embedded Photo
I got my first blacktail buck this year.

18-Feb-15
Great Westside Bull Apex8! Awesome.

We took two cows out of our group on the eastside. I had many woulda, coulda, shouldas but couldn't quite close the deal and complete the hat trick.

Congrats to all!

• Sitka Gear