ahunter55 03-Nov-14
Pat C. 14-Nov-14
ahunter55 14-Nov-14
PaPa Doc 14-Nov-14
ahunter55 15-Nov-14
4nolz@work 17-Nov-14
Boatman 17-Nov-14
27-Oct-14
Haven't heard much from you hawkeyes. Headed to SE Iowa on Saturday morning (Nov. 1) for a week. Hunting on a friends farm. How's the deer activity been? Anybody have any luck yet? God Bless!

28-Oct-14
I havnt heard of any guys seeing any chasing yet. Should be starting soon. The colder weather that moved in will help. I got lucky and shot a 10 pt on oct 19 but I think the best weeks to hunt are still to come. The only issue I see right now is there is still a lot of crops in the fields. I think you should see some good activity this next week. I'll be out as much as possible in november until I hopefully fill my other tag. Good Luck! Mike

29-Oct-14
Thanks Mike. Congrats on the buck.

29-Oct-14
I have 20+ hours in the stand & saw my 1st buck 2 days ago. A little forky about 80 yds behind an old Doe & 2 young does. few rubs & haven't found a scrap yet (N.E. Ia. right close to Miss. River). Private unmanaged land. I've seen 7 other Does in 2 other stand locations & no Bucks. Haven't seen much other activity either. Daughter drives 45 min to work (back roads)through some excellent Deer country & she isn't seeing much crossing roads(goes into work by 8am & gets off at 8pm). Supposed to hit in 20s & highs of 50 or so next few days..

31-Oct-14
I've seen chasing and heard grunting since muzzleloader season mid October. Younger ones. Saw a very nice eight pointer at sunrise that was watching but not yet interested in participating. That was last week so hopefully things are ramping up.

02-Nov-14

bullmark's embedded Photo
bullmark's embedded Photo
Just bought a new farm in decatur co. Hunted for the first time oct 27-29. Wanted to get to know the property better and was coming back nov 8...I live in VA. No need to come back...tagged out second morning. In the two morning and two evening sits I saw pretty typical late oct activity. Resident bucks were on their feet early and late laying down sign. Saw a 3 yr old bumping does. Was looking forward to later in nov when A big 5 yr old came in. I had laid down a drag rag with dominant buck and estrous on two wicks. He came in downwind parallel to the dragline...ears back and bristled up. No other deer around so it had to be the lure. Tried to stop him for a shot but he wouldn't stop. He was so close I took the shot. Went 80 yds. Stud of a buck....27" beams, 20 2/8" inside spread.....180 2/8 gross ...nov 5 or 6 should rock

02-Nov-14
Holy moly, he's a hog!!! Beautiful buck! Congrats!

03-Nov-14
11/1 was fantastic for me. I watched a sure 4.5 or older locked down with doe. Many other bucks were around and he would run them away every time. Spoke to others who saw matures feeding early evening with no interest in the does around.

11/2 it was really windy and I only saw a couple of does.

Hoping next weekend and the following week turns out good.

03-Nov-14
3 1/2 hours this afternoon. I watched a total of 8 Does for nearly 2 hours & not ONE Buck showed.

14-Nov-14

Pat C.'s embedded Photo
Pat C.'s embedded Photo
Shot him Nov. 5th on my evening stand. I was back a little farther than I wanted, but with a few prayers he went down in 50 yds.

14-Nov-14
4 hours this afternoon & saw ZERO. N.E. Ia.

14-Nov-14

PaPa Doc's embedded Photo
PaPa Doc's embedded Photo
This was kill in northeast Iowa. Wish it was me but this is why people hunt Iowa.

15-Nov-14

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
I've seen a lot of Bucks taken so far this year but I'm seeing few decent bucks or much rut activity in my particular spots. Will be back out Monday. I have a teen G-son that took his 1st Oct. 8th as did his best friend (within min of each other different properties) AND 3 close friends that their kids took Bucks (all archery but 1 youth gun). OF my "veteran" bowhunting buddies, 1 has scored on 2 nice 8s in Il & Mo.. I know it's crazy in the woods many places.

17-Nov-14
was back home in SW Iowa last week scouting for shotgun

Thank God I didnt draw a bow tag-terrible numbers,terrible buck age class,poor rut sign.Hopefully when I draw again in 16' the herd will be recovered from EHD and overharvest with rifles.

Shotgun forecast (for me) is POOR

did I mention how frigging cold it was?????

17-Nov-14

Boatman's embedded Photo
Boatman's embedded Photo
Shot this guy on Halloween day

• Sitka Gear