Machias 28-Jan-15
Shortdraw 29-Jan-15
Bandicooter 31-Jan-15
Bandicooter 31-Jan-15
Machias 31-Jan-15
DWinVA 01-Feb-15
wvvabowhunter 09-Feb-15
28-Jan-15
Its about that time that bucks go to dropping their headgear, anyone do any shed hunting ? I still have seen some bucks that have not dropped them yet, but hear of some that have. Gonna try and look around a little this weekend on the property I hunt. Have not had much success in the past though....

28-Jan-15
I like to shed hunt. This is a great time of the year to scout for next falls buck and see who survived. Scrapes and rubs are still visible.

29-Jan-15
found a small set last week.

31-Jan-15

Bandicooter's embedded Photo
Bandicooter's embedded Photo
For the first time, I actually found a set of shed antlers while I was actually looking for shed antlers. The bad news is that they are probably a year old since there were vines growing over them. I had never seen this buck on any of my trail cameras.

31-Jan-15
Funny story that I may have shared before: a friend belongs to a club in Buckingham County. Two Springs ago, he and some other members were looking for sheds and they found a monster shed in the corner of the field. The next season, he spent every possible moment hunting that corner. Finally, towards the end of the season, a buddy fessed up; he had bought an Iowa shed on eBay and had planted it to mess with my friend. Don't remember if they ever found his body.

31-Jan-15
LOL

01-Feb-15
I found several pair yesterday while coyote hunting/last season scouting. Problem is they were still attached to the bucks. Five bucks, the biggest was a small 6 were chasing a very small yearling doe. She was definetly in heat.

God Bless.

09-Feb-15
Went out this weekend and looked around for a while but found nothing. Pulled the card on my cam and had a couple of bucks on it still sporting their headgear....

• Sitka Gear