pressure?
Idaho
Contributors to this thread:
tredd60 02-Feb-15
Mt. man 03-Feb-15
tredd60 03-Feb-15
Mt. man 04-Feb-15
02-Feb-15
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get away from crowds in 32A? Looking to switch to that unit to hunt with a buddy and it appears several road systems close for hunting. So if I take my horse and ride in a few miles, will I be good? Don't need any spots, just want to know if I can find solitude to any degree. Thanks!

03-Feb-15
I figured this was a post about footballs!.....LOL.

Anymore it is a very busy area. If you know that area very well then you know that even with roads showing closed, there is another road within a few miles. The entire unit is packed with roads. 2 years ago when the 31 Mann's creek area was burning up it was crazy in 32A. All the 31 hunters came over there. 3 years ago I think was fires in 24 and a bunch of those folks came into 32A. Seems about every pull off in Sept. anymore has archery or houndsmen camped in 32A. Several trail heads will have 2-3 horse trailers. 31 or 22 seem to be getting some dandy bulls here the last couple of years from what I have personally seen. If you have horses, I'd really look at the Snake River side of 31 or 22 and drop into the breaks. I've spent over 30 years in 32A and know it well. The last 5 being the busiest ever.

03-Feb-15
Thank you. I've hunted 31 without horses before and it was a good unit. Get 1/2 mile of the road and we were into elk and deer both. If like to go back there. I've been looking at 22 also just couldn't tell if I'd be able to get away from people or not. Just hard for me to trust another guys hunting plans when it looks like the place will be covered up. But hey, i guys I didn't have to accept the invite! :-)

04-Feb-15
Good Luck!

• Sitka Gear