Sitka Gear
Anyone turkey hunt opening day / Sunday?
Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
wvvabowhunter 13-Apr-15
HillBilly 13-Apr-15
Machias 13-Apr-15
Bow Pro 13-Apr-15
Shortdraw 17-Apr-15
wvvabowhunter 17-Apr-15
Machias 17-Apr-15
Machias 20-Apr-15
wvvabowhunter 21-Apr-15
13-Apr-15
Was anyone able to make it out on opening day of spring gobbler season this weekend? I did not get to go but planning on a couple mornings this week and definitely hitting it this upcoming weekend !

13-Apr-15
Would have loved too but the farm ive hunted the last couple years was just sold. Saw some nice birds there the week before.

13-Apr-15
I made it out both days. They were pretty talkative on the roost and just after fly down and then pretty quiet. Yesterday I managed to get one semi fired up at 1120. He and a hen finally came strutting in to 18 yards at 1207. Took 15 minutes before they left so I could slip out without spooking them.

13-Apr-15
Our team hunted Saturday and today and have put down 4 thunder chickens so far.I have post pics on my thread new org in va. and I am getting ready to post a few more.

17-Apr-15
I had to miss this first week due to work. Getting out this coming week and can't wait!!!

17-Apr-15
I didn't get to go as planned during this week but going tomorrow morning for sure !

17-Apr-15
Good luck everyone!!

20-Apr-15
How's everyone's turkey season going? I had a great Saturday, took a fella out and at 0615 got an answer from a tom who must have been without hens in forever. First time he gobbled he fired off 8 times. He was probably 150 to 200 yards off. I had my friend hurry up and set up about 30 yards in front of me, got my facemask and gloves on and as soon as he sat down I called again. This gobbler did not stop gobbling for the next minute and a half, walked in and my friend shot him at 20 yards. Nice 20 pound bird with 1 inch spurs and a 9.5 inch beard. Rest of the day and Sunday not another gobble was heard. :o)

21-Apr-15
I went out Saturday morning and had the same luck that you had the rest of the day and on Sunday Machias, I never heard a bird gobble at all on Saturday. I didn't get to make the trip on Sunday morning so it looks like a dry week until this coming up weekend :-(

• Sitka Gear