nice one!

22-Apr-15
What a hawg!

The bar has definitely been set.

23-Apr-15
Had some evening luck on opening day.

Pretty sure this is the fattest Tom I've ever hung on a scale.... 27#-12oz

24-Apr-15
Great fish and turkey guys. Congratulations!

24-Apr-15
Way to go Greg! Congrats.

25-Apr-15
Atta boy Greg!

25-Apr-15

varmint101's embedded Photo
My first bow bird 4/24. What a rush!

18.5lbs 1-1/8"spurs 10-3/4" beard

26-Apr-15
Great job on your first! The smiles say it all

26-Apr-15
Way to go Varmint!

27-Apr-15
Congrats Varmint!

04-May-15

Turpie's embedded Photo
Turpie's embedded Photo
Another personal best 36" spotted gar

06-May-15

NY Bowman's embedded Photo
Couldn't hunt until yesterday morning. Woke up at 4:15 AM, walked out the back door at 4:30, fed the mosquitos for an hour, heard a gobble, setup about 100 yards from the birds, called in 5 mature Tom's, shot the closest one in the vent, back home by 5:55 and sitting at my desk at work at 7 AM.

I love it when the birds read the script. :)

06-May-15
Very nice guys!

06-May-15

imbuckbuster's embedded Photo
imbuckbuster's embedded Photo
Even a blind bowhunter can shoot a bird at 3 yards! 1st bird with a bow.

07-May-15
Very nice guys....congrats!

10-May-15
Took a 18lb Tom/6" beard back on May 2nd... Shotgun/Wabash county

13-May-15

patience2spare's embedded Photo
Grace had a phenomenal turkey season for 2015 so I thought I would share as proud Daddy. She is 13 now, but still likes her 20gauge for turkeys. Hope that you are ok with me posting up her gun kills...

She had a club volleyball tournament on the youth opener, so we played hooky from teaching sunday school (we do this as a family) on the 19th and went to "Woodside Church." :)

The morning was fairly uneventful with only hens seen so we got out and grabbed some lunch with a good friend and his family. The radar was showing guaranteed rain coming in for the rest of the afternoon so I gave Grace the call on whether she wanted to hunt as there would be plenty of season still. She said she wanted to hunt so we made the 1/2 mile trek back to where I had left the blind.

The rain came in and about the time I was ready to pull the plug on our hunt she looked out to the west and there were 4 long beards stepping out into the field: game on!!!! One series of yelps and a couple purrs had them headed to the Avianx jake and hen. The birds sprinted the last 100yds. She waited for the one she wanted to clear the dekes and folded him like a maid folds the towels.

In the video you can actually see the wadding bounce off of his head!! She was dialed in on him for sure.

13-May-15

She had to wait a couple of weeks for me to fill my turkey tag and hunt with Papaw a couple times, but I was able to kill my Indiana bird on May 2nd (that first weekend in May has always been my best for some reason).

Then it was off to NW Ohio to hunt at my cousin's who graciously agreed to let me bring Grace over. A youth license in OH and turkey permit run a whopping $22 unlike the adult license and permit which is $149. Since I had spent a chunk of change on my NM elk hunt last fall, Grace was the only shooter for this hunt. I did make a trip over to scout on the 4th. Her hunt would be May 9th.

The morning was incredible. Grace counted over 100 gobbles before fly down. I had chosen well from my options on the scouting trip and was feeling great.

When the birds hit the ground they were coming, cutting me off when calling and gobbling at each other. Again 4 longbeards - I couldn't believe it, like they had read the script but these didn't look like 2 year olds through my binos. They either didn't like the blind or were not impressed with the jake decoy and proceeded toskirt us at about 60yds and moved off to the North.... big exhale and the wait began.

We saw those birds chasing 2 hens about a half hour later but they were certainly not going to leave live hens. For the morning we saw 12 birds but all others were hens.

Grace wasn't feeling the best so we headed to another spot at about 10:30, stopping to talk with my Uncle Hal for a while. I had to talk her into a couple run and gun sets before lunch - but she was game.

As we rounded a corner to view the field to the south I instinctively stopped to see if there were already birds in the field. I pointed out the tree I wanted to set up under and Grace responded, "Clear down there, Dad?" No more had the words left her mouth than 5 dark birds walked out into the field close to that tree. We held still and they slowly went back the way they had entered.

we closed the distance to what I thought was close enough (about 100yds) and stuck the avianx hen in the ground and got set up. Birds lit up almost as soon as I began working the hickory on the slate and it was evident in a couple of minutes that they were getting closer.

I whispered to Grace to take her safety off but keep her finger out of the trigger housing and moments later 7 jakes a hen and a strutter came in to view. Before she could get on the tom, all 9 birds were inside of 15 yds. It was incredible!!! I was so excited and wasn't even doing the shooting!

One of the Jakes caught Grace moving and all the male birds quickly moved out of range for her 20ga. But the hen stayed behind and I commenced to have a full-on conversation with her. Yelping , putting and purring back and forth. That was too much for the gobbler and he began strutting back in to where all the hen action was at.

When he got to 35yds I whispered to Grace, "whenever you're ready..." and she plowed him over. I did have to run out, step on his neck and give his head a quick twist, but Grace had just killed the oldest bird I have seen!

He weighed 23lbs 12oz. Had a 10.5" beard and his spurs were right at 1.5inches long! Best hooks for anyone in our family!

14-May-15

Another pic of her Ohio bird

14-May-15

spurs...

It was a great Spring! Turkeys were made for kids and they're pretty fun for us old kids too!!!

Thanks for letting me share. Pete

14-May-15
Fantastic Pete!

Congrats to Grace and Dad.

Thanks for sharing.

14-May-15
Awesome story Pete! Congrats to Grace! Beautiful bird and daughter! :)

14-May-15
Outstanding Pete!

14-May-15
Thanks guys! I love hunting with my little girl and wanted to take a few minutes to share a couple stories as well as pics.

15-May-15
Very cool! Congrats little lady.

09-Jun-15

My oldest daughter Emily and I had a great hunt in New Brunswick last week. She took this nice boar bear in the first 20 minutes of her hunt. She is a New York City school teacher. I bet there aren't many who have taken a bear and an alligator! :)

09-Jun-15

The bear had some pretty impressive nose pickers!

10-Jun-15
Congrats to your daughter!

Dad have any luck?

10-Jun-15
No luck for dad! I killed a nice big P&Y last year and was being pretty picky. That being said, I really didn't have much opportunity. My buddy shot low on a true giant and hit sternum. No penetration and the bear is likely doing fine.

10-Jun-15

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Last five minutes of last day on June 6 in. New Brunswick.

11-Jun-15
Congrats on the bruins!

18-Jun-15
Nice bears!

18-Jun-15

INbowdude's embedded Photo
Porkapalooza 9, first hog.

18-Jun-15

Porkapalooza 9, second hog.

18-Jun-15
Nice hogs !!!!!!

19-Jun-15
Thanks, Bou!

27-Jun-15
Congrats to all! Nice Terry, I didn't know Emily hunted!

28-Jun-15

Dirk, she didn't until just recently. She's now taken a gator and a bear. She also likes to fish now. I think since she lives in NYC the outdoors means a lot more to her.

Kevin and I had a fantastic time in Canada fishing. As you know, he is a great guy to have in camp. He's pretty fair with a rod and reel to. He caught over 500 fish last week.

02-Jul-15
Terry, is that a muskie?

03-Jul-15
Mike, it's a northern pike. We caught several on the trip. They are great fighters.

08-Jul-15
They look like it. How do they taste?

09-Jul-15

They don't taste as good as walleye, so we didn't eat them.

15-Sep-15

coyote's embedded Photo
coyote's embedded Photo
Ontario August 16 w/ Pine Hill Outfiters. 350#. Taken with an Elite 35 and Gravedigger broadhead. The bear was standing facing directly at me and looking like I owed him money. I center punched him with a complete pass through that exited out the back. He ran 30 yards and piled up within sight of my stand..

20-Sep-15
Coyote, congrats on the great-looking bear & for making a great shot!

21-Sep-15
Great bear coyote!

23-Sep-15

pav's embedded Photo
pav's embedded Photo
09/15 - Bighorn Mountain Range, Wyoming

23-Sep-15
Beautiful bull Paul !

23-Sep-15
Way to go Paul! Congratulations!

24-Sep-15
Congratulations buddy! That is a great bull. I hope you do a hunt recap full of pictures.

21-Oct-15
Awesome bull Paul! Way to get it done.

Dave

21-Oct-15

woodsy's embedded Photo
woodsy's embedded Photo
My two Sons, Garrett and Sam scouted a place all by themselves close to home on Saturday and made a plan. Garrett is 16 and just got his license and Sam is 14. They went in early morning on Sunday and got into their respective trees. Shortly after daylight Garrett looked out into the cornfield and saw this bruiser. The deer read the script that Garrett and Sam imagined and ended up 15 yards from Garrett. He made a great shot and in seconds the big buck was his. What a morning! It is so neat to see two young Brother's working together and realizing each other's strengths. I am so proud and happy for both of them.

Hard to finish the deal on a mature animal like this. Especially with a bow. Lots of adrenaline flowing as all my hunting friends know. I am so happy for Garrett, this is his first buck with a bow. He has been passing up smaller bucks for two years. His patience paid off big time.

After field dressing this buck was weighed on two different scales. One said 220 lbs and the other said around 210.

Big bodied deer. 21 inch outside spread. 9 inch G-2's. Main beams 24 inches. 5 inch bases. Rough scored around 144 p&y. Heckava Buck!

Hope ya'll have a great season!

21-Oct-15
What a beautiful bull Paul!

Awesome first buck for your son woodsy! Congrats to him!

21-Oct-15

Guess I could post my fall hen for this as well. 30yd shot with my Hoyt Vector. It's done me well the last couple years! NAP Killzone head.

21-Oct-15
Guess I could post my fall hen for this as well. 30yd shot with my Hoyt Vector. It's done me well the last couple years! NAP Killzone head.

22-Oct-15
Great buck Garrett!

22-Oct-15
Hats off to Garrett on a beautiful P&Y whitetail! Nothing better than a big framed eight point buck in my book. Now it is your turn Sam!

Thanks for sharing Dave. That's a big time "proud dad" moment right there! You taught the boys well. Congrats!

22-Oct-15
Nice on the fall turkey Varmint! Congrats.

22-Oct-15
Wow that's a great looking buck....congrats to young Garrett!

Way to get 'er done varmint!

22-Oct-15
Way to go Garrett!

25-Oct-15

Killed this big bodied brute yesterday evening here in NY. Kids in Utah are out of venison and we are visiting in a couple weeks. This guy should fill a couple suitcases.

25-Oct-15
Atta boy Terry!

26-Oct-15

KDC's embedded Photo
KDC's embedded Photo
Great buck Terry! He has a huge body. Chris took this public land doe yesterday morning.

26-Oct-15
Congrats to Chris on the public land nanny!

26-Oct-15
Way to go guys!

29-Oct-15

hoosierhunter74's embedded Photo
hoosierhunter74's embedded Photo
slocked this guy on 10/23/2015

29-Oct-15
yes Matt i had Tom Rothrock green score him 168 3/8" gross

30-Oct-15
Monster! Congratulations

30-Oct-15
A beauty, congrats!

30-Oct-15

Killed this 8point this morning. Came in right at legal and gave me a 10 yard shot. My opportunities to hunt are far fewer this year so I hammered him. It was a really fun hunt. Got both lungs and the top of the heart/aorta. Watch him drop inside of 30yds in under 5 seconds.

Admittedly some ground shrinkage... I've killed bigger bucks and smaller! Sometimes it's just more about how the hunt plays out and I really love shooting deer :) Pete

01-Nov-15
Nice buck Pete,,,,great shot!

02-Nov-15

tennjed9's embedded Photo
tennjed9's embedded Photo
My 8 yr old son with his first bow kill. He was shooting a Hoyt Ruckus and a G5 Montec bh. Easiest blood trail I've ever followed. Not sure who was more excited, me or him.

02-Nov-15
Great job guys! That's a great deer for a first bow kill. If he wasn't before, I'm sure he's addicted now.

02-Nov-15
Awesome job by all. teenjed9, pass on my congrats to your boy.

03-Nov-15

bas's embedded Photo
bas's embedded Photo
My dad shot this 9 pt at 7:05 am yesterday, november 2

04-Nov-15

pav's embedded Photo
pav's embedded Photo
October 31st....all tricks and no treats for this fawn killer.

04-Nov-15
Tennjed9 - Congratulations to your son!!! I hope that the two of you have many decades of successful hunts and building memories together! Pete

06-Nov-15
Congrats Matt! Heading there tonight hope I have some luck as well. Beautiful buck.

06-Nov-15

dizzy_higg's embedded Photo
Nov 6 is my all time favorite day in the woods - have had the most success on that day. Started out good...

06-Nov-15

Got better when this guy came by while I was still hunting....Shot was four (4) steps....

07-Nov-15
Great job Herb!

07-Nov-15
Herb looks like you are having a good year so far. Nice deer and nice elk.

07-Nov-15

A good friend invited me to hunt at his urban spot and gave me the green light to shoot a doe. I called in this lone old nanny. My hit was further back than I'd like (liver, diaphragm and stomach) because I didn't stop her - lesson learned. Waited 4 hrs and bumped her from 4 closely spaced beds. Came back 2 hrs later and bumped her again but she only went another 30yds. Was able to sneak up and get a better shot to finish the ordeal.

It's bound to happen, but man it never feels good when it takes that long to kill one. Coyotes are too thick in that area to leave her so my only option was to move super slowly and glass ahead through the thicket. Felt lucky and rewarded for perseverance.

Freezer's looking pretty good. Now to help Grace find a deer! Pete

08-Nov-15
Congrats all. Little action on the farms I can hunt. Weird year for me. Living vicariously by all of your actions. Keep it coming!

11-Nov-15
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrZRkxUwrJvcnVIn_WjMB1Q I hope i did this right go to the you tube link its a video of me killing a doe this is my nephews hunting channel so please like and share he is also on facebook "In the blood" thanks

13-Nov-15

stick slinger's embedded Photo
stick slinger's embedded Photo
Got this guy yesterday morning. Luckily I was in a big tree so the wind wasn't swaying me too badly. Brought him in with a couple expired bottles of doe scent

13-Nov-15

INbowhntr's embedded Photo
INbowhntr's embedded Photo
Northwest Indiana. My best buck to date. Shot him Nov 11, he was bedded with a doe 80yards from my stand when I got in it. Two hours later, she led him right to me.

13-Nov-15

Man you all have gotten some nice animals! Congrats!

Yesterday evening my son and I went out behind the house and sat in our blind. We had agreed if anything came out I would try and take it. Low and behold at 545 this fellow came out to the scrape we were by. 35 yard shot and I put it right on his heart. He was down in 40 yards. Couldn't ask for better. A young buck, but my biggest if you know what I mean.

13-Nov-15

My son where we found the buck. He was so happy!

23-Nov-15
Some great deer killed this year. Congrats to all! Congrats to the young hunter tennjed9. Awesome! Terry, the body on your deer was something else. Pav, good job on the coyote. They are so slick. Most of the time I get spotted or smelled before I can get a shot. Good luck to everyone still trying to get one.

Dave

23-Nov-15

woodsy's embedded Photo
woodsy's embedded Photo
Sam got a nice buck the last week of archery season. His biggest so far. Garrett got his biggest this year as well. They have had a great season and have earned their deer. They are right by my side whenever there is work to be done in the woods. And lately they have done work by themselves when I couldn't be there.

23-Nov-15

No luck early bow season so I slipped on down to Oklahoma and arrowed a tank.

24-Nov-15
It just doesn't get any better than that Dave. What a fantastic season for your boys....and Dad!

Dang Mike! That porker is a tank! Congrats!

24-Nov-15
Daggone! That pig is a giant. Congrats!

24-Nov-15
Congrats to all. And I'll second the WOW on that hog Mike!

30-Nov-15
they got hippos in OK?

17-Dec-15

Trophy fox squirrel.

21-Dec-15
Great Shot!

• Sitka Gear