Moultrie Mobile
2014 Deer kill numbers
Indiana
Contributors to this thread:
JTV 28-Apr-15
varmint101 28-Apr-15
soldierbowman2 02-May-15
28-Apr-15
Only 120,073 deer were kill during the 2014/15 season, down again from the 125,635 of the 2013/14 season ....

45,624 antlered deer were killed 74,449 antlerless deer were killed

the herd continues to dwindle as the DNR contemplates allowing centerfire rifles of .243 or larger to the equation....will they drop the antlerless/bonus tags in many counties, or continue with their kill the deer at all cost campaign ??

28-Apr-15
I forget who said it originally, but I'm starting to wonder about the idea of this as a preemptive strike before CWD were to hit.

02-May-15
I don't agree about it being a preemptive strike. Not at all. Remember back at how it all started. After getting some complaints ,assumedly from the insurance industry, some politician in the State House told the DNR that it was to reduce the deer herd or the House would act to remove the deer . Then we had 2 years of discussions on this forum of how we could help DNR kill more doe, and destroy our deer herds! I was in the small minority that held the deer herd didn't need reduced and it was a bad idea. Almost everybody jumped on the kill more deer bandwagon as they thought they would get an extra tag out of it. After all it was what DNR wanted. Now here we are. No,,,, not anything to do with ANY deer disease.

• Sitka Gear