Bowman 21-Aug-15
elkmtngear 23-Aug-15
IdyllwildArcher 26-Aug-15
Trad Tony 31-Aug-15
Bowmen 26-Sep-17
JacobMason 03-Feb-19
ubaid5946 11-Jul-19
15-Aug-15
I'm from back east where most (90%) of my archery hunting was from tree stands. I'm just curious if anyone uses tree stand here. For Mule deer I don't think they'd be good but I am thinking more for bear. Any way I'd like to hear your thoughts.

15-Aug-15

15-Aug-15

19-Aug-15
I've killed quite a few muleys (and blacktails) from stands, but that was in areas with a lot of timber. Almost all of them were over springs or near them.

Open Country would be tough to find the right spot.

I have had many opportunities to kill bear from trees, also sitting over springs. I find high mountain springs that are isolated, with a lot of trails coming in. It takes a lot of boot leather and research.

Here's a vid I made about a hunt with my Daughter...you can see both a deer and a bear come in to one of my stands.

Best of Luck, Jeff

21-Aug-15
Thanks Jeff. Did your daughter end up getting a deer?

23-Aug-15
No she didn't...but she got three shots at the same buck. Cut his ear on the first shot LOL.

She dogged him through the woods for about an hour and a half, I was getting worried about her, but she found her way back.

Best of Luck, Jeff

26-Aug-15
You can use them for mule deer under the right circumstances.

The way I use them is in certain pinch points where I know deer come through - usually after I've patterned does and I hunt the patterned does during the rut for their eventual suitors.

Another way to do it is to find an actively producing oak tree that the deer are hitting and put a stand on or near it. Doe seem to have their favorite oaks for acorns that they'll make rounds on. Again, during the rut, the bucks will follow them.

Another way is to get in a tree near bedding and put a decoy at the bottom of your tree and rattle. The tree just ends up helping you avoid detection and is something I like to do before I get down in the AM.

31-Aug-15

Trad Tony's embedded Photo
Trad Tony's embedded Photo
My first bow harvest was from a treestand in Malibu! They work if you find some oak trees bearing acorns.

26-Sep-17

Bowmen's Link
seriously saying i do not know what is going here

03-Feb-19

JacobMason's Link
Can anyone recommend me the best product from the list mentioned in this site https://justchainsaw.com/best-chainsaw/

11-Jul-19

ubaid5946's embedded Photo
Ex on the Beach Season 3
ubaid5946's embedded Photo
Ex on the Beach Season 3

ubaid5946's Link
In requital for instance, no one can articulate that penis enlargement surgery is risk-free. https://bestmoviecast.com/ex-on-the-beach-season-3-cast-episodes/

• Sitka Gear