Private Land
Nebraska
Contributors to this thread:
Goat 12-Sep-15
PSEshooter 15-Nov-15
BowNinja402 17-Sep-18
10_pointer 01-Oct-18
12-Sep-15
I live in SE Omaha looking for some private land to hunt turkey and deer. Anyone able to help out in SE Nebraska? Looking for a lease after January too. I strictly bow hunt and am sick of the idiots I've encountered on public land already. People playing music for hours and randomly wondering through hunting areas screaming on phones...no one respects anyone else.

15-Nov-15
Lol. I wish I could find some private land to hunt too! I'm in the same boat. People just walking through the woods, not courteous at all to those who are hunting. I wish they would post signs during hunting season to keep out "bird watchers/adventurers". I thought even going to a WMA that bans centerfire rifles/handguns and certain shotgun loads would have been better. Not! Still there are asshats roaming through the woods acting like they are going to "stalk" deer (like what happened to me today). WTF. The people that get me are crossbow guys who walk around. Too lazy to pull back a bow but try compensating by walking spooking all the wildlife. I just find a lot of stupid people that come to these places, not being serious at all and ruining it for the people that are.

17-Sep-18
funny @PSEshooter what do you mean people who walk around you do realize stalking a deer is true art and takes 10 times more skill than being a lazy bum sitting there ambushing one right?

01-Oct-18
Public land is tough. Since it is open to all activities, people are not too interested in being courteous and only using the land if they are hunting. Even some who are hunting make you scratch your head. Sorry to say, in a state that is almost all privately owned, it only makes these folks converge on the little available public land out there.

• Sitka Gear