Fuzzy 21-Sep-15
Matt_B 21-Sep-15
overbo 21-Sep-15
enrutt 02-Oct-15
enrutt 02-Oct-15
Matt_B 05-Oct-15
nonrespropownr 24-Oct-15
19-Sep-15
I now have a small plot of land to hunt. It's only 13 acres. I'm thinking that it is too small to hold a home herd, everything will just be passing through. Should I worry about management, or just shoot what I can?

21-Sep-15
up to you. you might try to co-ordinate with adjoining landowners, if there are large tracts joining. Might even get you permission to hunt, if you play it right.

21-Sep-15
Have you put any trail cams out or scouted the property for sign? How about the topography? Maybe once you establish what's there and how they are moving (or staying) then you could setup your game plan accordingly. Good luck!

21-Sep-15
Do what ever makes hunting enjoyable. In the end, that's all that really matters.

02-Oct-15
Thanks for the input, guys. There is so much experience and the generosity to share it. That's one thing I love about this sight. Overbo, I love your honesty and simplicity. I think we would get along just fine in a deer camp! Good luck to all this season

02-Oct-15
Matt, I do have a camera out now. Right at the base of my stand tree. 2-3 weeks now and all I have is a good doe and a little 4 point. Last year I had a couple of good 6 or 8 points chasing does through my yard but we are still a little ways from the chasing yet, I think. They wi probably show up closer to the rut

05-Oct-15
Sounds like my go-to spot. Had a cam out for the past 3wks and had one fawn and a squirrel. Even though I know this spot is hot closer to the rut. Plus I believe they are still in their summer feeding patterns but that should be changing up soon.

24-Oct-15
My own property is relatively small, but surrounded by other private parcels that are either lightly hunted, or not at all. Its been my choice to be very selective as to what I harvest. There are groups of does that hang out on or around my property, and I just consider them live bait for the bucks. The big ones that I've seen prior to season seem to elude me when I'm hunting, but thats how it goes. Maybe a big one that I've not seen previously will wander on in while I'm listening to the ravens.

• Sitka Gear