buffalochip 12-Oct-15
DR 23-Oct-15
Huntcell 18-Nov-15
Stan Rauch 07-Dec-15
Stan Rauch 07-Dec-15
01-Oct-15

tk's embedded Photo
tk's embedded Photo
Has anyone else seen this deer photo. My son found on facebook and it was said to be shot by Brookings. Don't know if it is true, but very nice deer.

01-Oct-15
I did see it and heard the same thing... Time will tell if it's true or not.

02-Oct-15
its true. I was wondering how long it would take before this popped up. Local guy, watched this deer get bigger. He was big enough that people were starting to get into trouble over him. Glad he went down early in the season lest someone get stupid and do dumb things. Someone shoots a big one like this and the rumor mill kicks in to high gear. I believe the deer a product of controlled hunting and supplemental feeding. Still, in an area of square sections. Let yours grow and see how big they can get. I don't think there are any other big ones in the whole state. Congratulations!

11-Oct-15
that is a nice deer. ive heard a few rumors come thru the shop about this deer. either way congrats to the hunter!! its a trophy!!

11-Oct-15
All those rumors are bs. I know some of the people involved and it was all on the up and up. It's amazing the stories I've heard though. Some people are even saying it escaped from SDSU.

12-Oct-15
Hey, that's a new one. Hadn't heard that one yet. Possible due to the close proximity. Can't say. Wasn't there. Everyone sleeps with themselves at night. Maybe he videoed the kill ? Maybe you will see it on TV some day. Maybe not.

23-Oct-15
What a fantastic deer! Congratulations to the SD bowhunter who took him. Sounds like he did a lot of management work, I commend him. I hadn't heard anything prior to this thread about "rumors" but I'm not surprised. Seems so many people out there want to diminish other's accomplishments and spread BS and inuendo to tear someone else down. So unfortunate but it's the world we live in I suppose. Would love to know who took him and hear the story behind it all. Great buck and likely a great story on herd management.

18-Nov-15
Looks like he was walking into a strong head wind!

07-Dec-15

Stan Rauch 's Link
This tremendous non-typical whitetail is the new SD archery state record. Further info is on the South Dakota Hunting website.

07-Dec-15

Stan Rauch 's Link
Let's try the SD Hunting website link again.

• Sitka Gear