Bowonly 31-Oct-15
Mike D 31-Oct-15
4point 02-Nov-15
20-Oct-15
anybody seeing signs of pre-rut yet? scrapes...bucks cruising? etc

20-Oct-15
anybody seeing signs of pre-rut yet? scrapes...bucks cruising? etc

20-Oct-15
Yes. Lots of scrapes opened up. Also heard grunts from the stand today...higher pitched (young buck) but never saw him. I always look forward to the seeking phase starting Halloween and continuing for a week or so. Bucks are cruising from one doe bedding area to another checking. It's usually been my most productive time of the year.

20-Oct-15
thanks Mike D, I live in Northern VA and haven't been out yet due to busy schedule. I plan to hit it this weekend and this info helps. which part of the state are you hunting?

21-Oct-15
Yes, bucks are cruising, making scrapes, fighting, grunting here in Northern VA as of Oct 17th when we had the cold snap.

21-Oct-15
I'm hunting Northern Va...Loudoun and Fairfax.

21-Oct-15
this all I need to hear, thanks guys!

22-Oct-15
yes seeing bucks cruising and scrapes.its on

22-Oct-15
rubs, no scrapes, no chasing yet, young bucks travelling together still

22-Oct-15
The buck my friend shot the other day stopped 15 yards away from him and made a pretty good scrape right before he shot him at 15 yards. This was just south of Fredericksburg.

22-Oct-15
As happens this time every year, I passed 2 small (1.5 year old) bucks dead on the road this morning. Those teenagers are getting frisky, being kicked out of the family group and chasing any doe they think they might have a shot at! It's the young bull, old bull story.

22-Oct-15
The 10 pointer that I shot on the 10 of October had made a scrape the day before. I moved the stand to other side of the trail. Good luck this season to all .

22-Oct-15
Came home this past Sunday from a week in Bath Co. to find 4 scrapes in my back yard (the Tidewater region -no scrapes in Bath). Tuesday in Charles City I ran across about 10 scrapes and one rub in a 2 acre area. 4 of which where being well used.

23-Oct-15
Got picks of 2 2 1/2 years olds chasing on the 12th, then spikes and forkies all week. Now nothing, I mean nothing. Big guys are waiting and does are hiding. Last year I shot a big doe on the 24th from a group of 8 does being chased hard.

23-Oct-15
Seen 3 bucks this morning, all together and feeding out of bow range. Nice 8 pt, a 6 and a 3pt... no does around at all but the bucks were grouped up....

23-Oct-15
It is starting up in Fairfax. Seen a few dead bucks on the side of the roads. Last weekend had 5 small bucks roaming from sunrise till 0930. Heard two sparring for a bit. Today I was out moving a stand and found about 5 scrapes on one property & two nice rubs on another spot. Tomorrow should be good. Good luck all

25-Oct-15
It's started to happen in Fairfax where I hunt. Shot a nice 10ptr mid 140's seen few smaller bucks in the woods. I've not heard any sparring or deer respond to my calling but they are more visible right about now.

26-Oct-15
Have trail cam photos of a medium size buck harassing a doe from Thursday.

29-Oct-15
Had a 2.5 y.o. six point harassing and pushing a couple does this morning. Half an hour before, he was cruising through, and 2 bleats from the can brought him to the base of my tree. Also, had some big boys cruising on trail cams.

30-Oct-15
headin' out to the southern Blue Ridge for the weekend and hope the bucks are cruisin' at the least

30-Oct-15
Took a doe last night. Didn't see a single buck cruising. Might have been a little warm. Looking forward to tomorrow morning, then taking my daughter trick or treating for her first time! I'll be off for two weeks to hunt Nov 7 thru the 23rd.

30-Oct-15
The bucks are showing up on my cameras, now. Some in daylight but most after dark.

31-Oct-15
Saw a mature buck on his feet with sun still up last evening. Think he was a ten. He was 150 yards from me through woods. He would not respond to calling and he was not cruising. Best i can tell he was browsing and eating acorns. At least he was up in daylight! Not much else going on, been slow.

31-Oct-15
Yesterday morning I had a close encounter with a mature buck. He was cruising at 9:00am. I hit him with grunts and "the can" estrus doe bleat. No reaction, so I snort-wheezed. That stopped him in his tracks. After 5 a minute stare down, he continued on his original path. We also caught a few mature bucks on their feet during the day on trail cams.

02-Nov-15
I had two different 7 points (will be shooters next season) dogging does all over the woods this past Saturday morning.

• Sitka Gear