Try Before You Buy
Minnesota
Contributors to this thread:
Mr.Gavinport 24-Oct-15
tundrajumper 24-Oct-15
bobbinhood 25-Oct-15
arlone 23-Apr-16
24-Oct-15
I shoot a 50# Frontier Longbow I got from Cabelas awhile back. It's a great entry level bow, but I'm ready to upgrade to a higher quality piece. I'm really interested in a Bear Au Sable longbow, a Bear Patriot, or a Martin Savannah.

My problem is this: Absolutely no stores within a 50 mile radius of me keep any of these bows in-stock (I know because I called all the vendors listed on the Company websites). I am really resistant to dropping $500-600 on a bow I've never touched. Is there anyone within an hour of Minneapolis who owns one of these bows and is willing to meet at a range some day and let me try a few shots?

Reviews are appreciated too but honestly nothing will convince me other than hands on experience.

24-Oct-15
black widow will send you one to try.

25-Oct-15
Try the Footed Shaft! There located in Rochester. Terry's got a bunch of bows you can try before you buy! Hope this helps, call him and he will tell you what he has in stock! Good Luck!

23-Apr-16
I know it was a long time ago for this post, but if you haven't purchased a different bow yet and can wait till June, the Coon Rapid's Shoot would be a good place to see and try out some bows. Always some bowyers and other vendors with new and used bows. If you haven't gone, The Footed Shaft was a great suggestion, as they always have a bunch of used and new bows.

• Sitka Gear