Contributors to this thread:
tonyo6302 03-Nov-15
4point 03-Nov-15
Fuzzy 03-Nov-15
Machias 03-Nov-15
Bowonly 03-Nov-15
Mike D 04-Nov-15
03-Nov-15
Just had a Friend cancel weeks hunt in South Boston, VA, due to the heat wave. Over the weekend they say nary a deer.

Any guesses as to what this heat wave is going to do to us?

Put all the activity nocturnal ?

Your thoughts, please.

03-Nov-15
My thoughts....doe movement will be mostly at night. Sit mornings. But really at this time of the year, a mature buck could be cruising at any time of the day.

03-Nov-15
It'll certainly restrict daytime "chasing" activity. We MAY see increased harvest numbers though, due to increAsed "fair weather hunters" activity in gun season (ie: me)

03-Nov-15
I was scheduled to take leave this week and next, but cancelled this week and moved it to the week of Thanksgiving. There will still certainly be deer killed this week, but activity will probably be down quite a bit this week. But you'll still have guys out that are overrun by deer and guy out who sit there and not see a thing this week.

03-Nov-15
4point is DNO, does will do what they do, but at night. The bucks will also run around like whacky teenagers at night. The mornings will still be cool and big boy will be heading back to his core area. Hunt the mornings, the rut happens no matter what!! Next weekends cold front looks good though.

04-Nov-15
Go hunt! I had 2 mature bucks cruising mid-morning today.

• Sitka Gear