Contributors to this thread:
kittykat 05-Nov-15
TODDY 05-Nov-15
Standhntr 08-Nov-15
Dwayne 09-Nov-15
x-man 10-Nov-15
TODDY 11-Nov-15
05-Nov-15
So, shot a couple arrows at 17 yards out of my stand(not at a deer). Used 20 yard pin and they hit low. Went home, shot at ground level at 20 yards. Dead on. What a going on here? I would say 15-20ft up in the stand. Wouldn't it typically hit a little high?

05-Nov-15
Not sure other than make sure your arm is perp. to your body and bend at the waist only. TODDY

08-Nov-15
You will shoot low as from an incline the yardage is increased. Usually not very drastic though. It's the old geometry formula of a squared + b squared= c squared. C would be your shot distance and A would be distance from base of tree to target and B would be height from ground to your bow. Or just buy a range finder with the arc feature.

09-Nov-15
My guesses would be as Toddy said or you didn't center your pin. Sorry Standhntr but that is not correct. The distance to shoot is from the base of the tree to the target; gravity affects only the horizontal plane.

10-Nov-15
What TODDY and Dwayne said. Although, more often than not, failing to bend at the waist results in a high miss rather than a low one.

Your probably changing your anchor position without knowing it. It's best to keep practicing that shot until you figure out what you're doing with your form.

11-Nov-15
x-man, I learned the hard way missing high years ago on a decent 8 pointer. :O) I agree on your hitting high assessment. TODDY

• Sitka Gear