Jaquomo 18-Nov-15
SHPoet 19-Nov-15
keepemsharp 28-Nov-15
12-Nov-15

SHPoet's Link
Is BPS buying Cabela's?

It looks that way....

12-Nov-15
I grew up LOVING Cabela's. It was so much fun to take our annual family trip there and buy gear for the coming hunting season. I was so dedicated to them as a brand that I never even stepped foot in a Bass Pro until about 2 weeks ago.

Anyway. Good riddance. They are overpriced, their customer service is garbage, and their "pro" staff is awful and doesn't know anything. Buying a bow from them was the worst experience I have had with their company. I've also been waiting about 3 months for the manager to contact me back.

I no longer buy gear from them, and will be doing all my purchasing through Bass Pro anyway. So doesn't hurt my feels at all.

12-Nov-15

fawn's Link
Pretty much looks like Bass Pro is the proud new owner of Cabelas!

12-Nov-15
their products have gone down in quality. their prices have gone up. their warranties and customer service has diminished.

12-Nov-15
I live about 2 miles from a Cabela's store and I really like their line of clothing. Frankly, I will not shop at Bass Pro because I don't like their line of clothing. If this happens I will be back in Sportsman's Warehouse for all my needs.

12-Nov-15

cnelk's Link
Another press release link

13-Nov-15
I like Sportsmans for their simplicity and usually better pricing.

Not a big fan of BP or Cabelas for their lack of the same.

I loved cabelas when they were a one location, downtown Sidney brick and mortar and mail order outfit. Not been the same store for many years now.

Remember when the Bargain Cave (basement in Sidney) had real genuine bargains?

13-Nov-15
I was just at the Cabela's store here in CO and I was told that BP purchased 11% of Cabela's stock.

13-Nov-15
^^^^So in the corporate scheme of things, what does 11% do? I kind of thought you would need a majority for takeover or buyout whatever it's called!

13-Nov-15
according to my stock guy, "no truth to the rumor, some interest, but I don't know if they can pull it off"

11% of the stock carries a significant amount of shareholder votes, vote in your pick for board members, take over the company...

18-Nov-15
I'll never shop at Cabala's again. I bought a shirt at the store in Lone Tree which is about an hour and a half from my house and when I got home I realized the security tag was still on it. I know mistakes happen, but the best thing the store manager could do was tell me to drive back and have it taken off or mail it back and they'd take it off and send it to me along with 20% off. I was irritated because I was planning to head out for archery season in 2 days and neither one of those options was very good. Mailing it back and forth wouldn't have happened in time, and the 20% off wouldn't even cover the fuel cost. The worst part of the whole deal was his attitude. He acted like I was trying to scam him or something. I opted to mail the shirt back to him for a refund and purchase another one at the sportsmen's warehouse in Colorado springs on my way into the mountains.

18-Nov-15
Since Cabelas is a public company, BP will try to make an offer to the shareholders for a per share price at a premium from what it is currently trading. Cabelas stock has gone up on the rumors, making the deal more expensive for BP.

But if they have 11% and can convince the institutional investors and other large shareholders that their offer is a good deal, it will happen. The job of institutional investors is return on investment, not any sort of romantic attachment to the Cabelas brand or legacy.

I personally like Cabrlas because they seem to cater to western hunting more than BP. But I agree that the Cabelas product has gone downhill since they went public and hired East Coast bean-counters.

19-Nov-15
"I personally like Cabrlas because they seem to cater to western hunting more than BP."

Ain't that the truth. Almost all the camo BPS has is NOT western patterns.

I've never understood that logic.

28-Nov-15
A few years back I stopped in BP at Springfield, they wanted to charge me $5 to go in and look at a bunch of muley replicas, haven't been back.

• Sitka Gear