Bringing deer into MN from other states
Minnesota
Contributors to this thread:
Jeff in MN 02-Dec-15
Tonybear61 02-Dec-15
Amoebus 03-Dec-15
02-Dec-15

Jeff in MN's Link
Following up on recent sting operations in Michigan I looked up this list. The link takes you to Minnesota's official list of counties in other states that you cannot bring whole deer back into Minnesota from.

This list is a little hard to find. This list applies to all Minnesota residents regardless of their end destination. However Non-residents of Minnesota can travel through Minnesota with deer from these areas. Page 62 in 2015 regulations.

Wisconsin: Adams, Barron, Burnett, Columbia, Crawford, Dane, Dodge, Grant, Green, Green Lake, Iowa, Jackson, Jefferson, Juneau, Kenosha, Lafayette, Marathon, Marquette, Monroe, Ozaukee, Polk, Portage, Racine, Richland, Rock, Sauk, Vernon, Walworth, Washburn, Washington, Waukesha, Waupaca, Waushara, Wood

The list comes from the attached link.

I know that a lot of MN residents deer hunt in Wisconsin which is why I included the list of counties in Wisconsin. Other states are at the included link.

02-Dec-15
Hunted Polk, Burnett counties a lot in the 1980s-1990s. More than one reason why I don't go back there anymore.

03-Dec-15
Jeff already knows this because he followed the same looping websites that I just did, but the BAH site that he posted applies to:

1.Live cervidae may not be imported into the state from a CWD endemic area, as determined by the Board.

2.Cervidae carcasses may not be imported into the state from a CWD endemic area, as determined by the Board, except for cut and wrapped meat, quarters or other portions of meat with no part of the spinal column or head attached, antlers, hides, teeth, finished taxidermy mounts, and antlers attached to skull caps that are cleaned of all brain tissue.

If you hunt out west/WI, it would be good to follow these rules or you might end up losing a lot of meat.

• Sitka Gear