Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
wompaman 09-Dec-15
hntnbo 09-Dec-15
wompaman 09-Dec-15
Shufigo 21-Dec-15
Owl 22-Dec-15
09-Dec-15
Hey there, moved here from CO and interested in learning to bowhunt so I'm looking for a good archery shop and any groups that might be in the Hampton Roads area. Lifetime rifle hunter that tried archery a few years ago but never put enough time into it. I have the time now and would like to find fellow archers to meet with, practice with and learn from. Thanks! Marc

09-Dec-15
Look up Wilcox Bait and Tackle. They are in NewPort News. The Owner is Tom Wilcox, super nice and knowledgeable about bows. Tell him Jon Robertson referred you. I drive over an hour to patron his business. You can also check out Kingsboro Bowmen. Kingsboro is an archery club just across the James River in Chuckatuck. I'm a member there. If you have any questions just give me a shout.

JonR.

09-Dec-15
Great tips, thanks JonR

21-Dec-15
Ditto on Tom Wilcox. I'm coming up on 15 years shopping there. He's got the level of helpful expertise - plus a practice area - that you can't get at one of the Big Box sporting stores.

22-Dec-15
Tom is top notch. Have and will continue to buy my bows from Tom. He reps Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, etc.

Look into Tidewater Bowhunters, tba3-d.com. They hold shoots every month from Feb-Sept. Great way to meet the community and Newport News Deer Park is not too far from VaBeach. I'm sure there are 3D shoots on the Southside too. I just do not know them particularly.

• Sitka Gear