Spring turkey
Texas
Contributors to this thread:
AZBUGLER 21-Feb-16
AZBUGLER 21-Feb-16
TenTenW 26-Feb-16
AZBUGLER 01-Mar-16
21-Feb-16
Greetings all! I'm trying to plan a Spring trip with a couple of my boys. I probably won't be able to make it happen this year, but hoping for next year. I have relatives in South Texas and the ability to hunt a couple of properties down there. I've been going through the regs a bit and have some questions: 1. If I buy my boys the youth license, is that all they would need or is there additional permits to purchase? 2. I see lots of different options for adult non-residents. Am I correct that I would need an annual license to be able to hunt both turkey and hogs? 3. What's the best timing for peak gobbling activity? I appreciate any info. Thanks!

21-Feb-16
Greetings all! I'm trying to plan a Spring trip with a couple of my boys. I probably won't be able to make it happen this year, but hoping for next year. I have relatives in South Texas and the ability to hunt a couple of properties down there. I've been going through the regs a bit and have some questions: 1. If I buy my boys the youth license, is that all they would need or is there additional permits to purchase? 2. I see lots of different options for adult non-residents. Am I correct that I would need an annual license to be able to hunt both turkey and hogs? 3. What's the best timing for peak gobbling activity? I appreciate any info. Thanks!

26-Feb-16
Turkey yes. Hogs no license.

We would love to book a hunt for you. Get in touch with me at [email protected].

We are covered up with hogs & turkeys!!

465 acres. Vanderpool, TX.

Thanks!

01-Mar-16
Thanks TenTenW, I'm covered with a place to go but appreciate the info.

• Sitka Gear