SmokedTrout 09-Jun-16
Shoots-Straight 11-Jun-16
BigOzzie 12-Jun-16
SmokedTrout 12-Jun-16
BigOzzie 13-Jun-16
SmokedTrout 13-Jun-16
Rondo 18-Jun-16
07-Jun-16
In today's paper they were advertising applications to belong to the FWP citizens advisory committee.

Anyone have any experience with this?

It is something I would consider investing my time in, but not sure.

Just seeking input. thanks. oz

09-Jun-16
I don't have any direct experience with this, but if you have the time and the patience I say go for it.

In my opinion landowners and outfitters are very well represented, but the common sportsman is under-represented. We're just too busy living our lives to dedicate time and effort to these kinds of things.

I'm too busy to even consider this, but wish I could. They'd probably toss me out due to my impatience. I would imagine a lot of listening, a lot of hurry up and wait, but also the opportunity to provide the point of view of the common sportsman. It could be a very rewarding experience.

11-Jun-16

Shoots-Straight's Link
Smoked, that very reason is why a bunch of us formed the Montana Sportsmen's Alliance back in 2011.

12-Jun-16
Thanks SS that was a good informative read I went page by page, sounds like a solid group.

oz

12-Jun-16
I could have used MSA's help fighting the changes to fishing regs on the North Fork of the Blackfoot last year.

The Region 1 committee looks pretty active, meets a few times a year, and posts good minutes to the FWP website.

Looks like FWP views the committee's purpose as two-fold, both informing FWP of your views as well as dispensing information to the public. You'd probably have a good ear at this place.

Are you going to apply Ozzie?

13-Jun-16
I think so I printed the app and filled it out, I need to either mail it or transfer the data to online app and email it. I think i would enjoy it more than other committees or boards I have been part of. oz

13-Jun-16
Good for you Ozzie, I hope you get selected. At the very least you will have access to some good folks at FWP in region 1, like Neil Anderson.

18-Jun-16
I am on the region one CAC, and have been for two years. I really enjoy the time I spend at the meetings. Some good people at the table and lots of good information passed around. Our Region one Commissioner Gary Wolfe attends and asks for input. We get updated on studies taking place, law enforcement, fisheries just about everything FWP is involved in. They listen to what we have to say and solicit input on what they do. I would say go for it, if you have the time and interest. We have some quality people in region one FWP, I am sure you will be impressed and enjoy your time.

• Sitka Gear